Trapped Chilean Miner Exercised While Undergound

I thought this was kind of cool, it’s a slide show of pictures he took while down there. Looks like he also got some squatting in.

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,2036984,00.html

I heard about this on CNN but didn’t pursue it, but I did find it odd that he would jog and do other things like that.
I mean it sounded like they were in dire straits down there and running and sweating and all that didn’t sound like a prudent thing to do.

To be honest I had pictured their living quarters to be much, much smaller.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I heard about this on CNN but didn’t pursue it, but I did find it odd that he would jog and do other things like that.
I mean it sounded like they were in dire straits down there and running and sweating and all that didn’t sound like a prudent thing to do.[/quote]

Actually getting in physical shape was needed. Otherwise, getting them up again through that “tube” would prove difficult.

“Perhaps it’s because I have this fury … I could just lie down, but my fury has been channeled into a hatred towards this mountain … I wanted the mountain to get bored, seeing me run…I am not defeated. I am fighting. I feel that by running, I am fighting to live.”

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
To be honest I had pictured their living quarters to be much, much smaller.[/quote]

x2

Still though, awesome…

[quote]law8 wrote:
“Perhaps it’s because I have this fury … I could just lie down, but my fury has been channeled into a hatred towards this mountain … I wanted the mountain to get bored, seeing me run…I am not defeated. I am fighting. I feel that by running, I am fighting to live.”

[/quote]

yeah that’s a pretty badass attitude.