Trap Bar Deadlifts=Squats+Deadlifts?

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
I believe it was Poliquin who said he pukes in his mouth everytime he see’s someone doing these.

And I know I spelled Poliquin’s name wrong.

Screw poliguin, he is the most over rated and over hyped strength and conditioning coach on earth. The trap bar has a place in the gym. It’s great for training around injury, move large weights, and awesome for farmer’s walks. It doesn’t replace either the squat or DL, but is good for assistance work.[/quote]

You obviously missed my second post.

trapbar deadlift is pussy talk for “i cant deadlift enough so make myself look good by doing a lot of weight easier calling it a deadlift.”

Poliquin doesnt even know what hes talking about half the time. i read one of his articles and he says you have to gain 15 pounds of muscle before you gain 1 inch on your bicep… gregg valentino did not weigh 435 + bone mass+fat+organs = 500+ ? noway he weighed around 500+

A picture from the Poliquin Performance Center in Chicago.

my trap bar dead and olympic barbell conventional deadlift are around the same.
It is a homemade bar trap with thick handles and much longer than a trap bar. I have not used a conventional trap bar, so I couldn’t really compare.
Also I deadlift with legs too much. Both are around 500lb.

Personally I really like the trap bar , it works the centre line better.
hits the quads a little more than a normal deadlift.

It is a big compound lift in its own right. Weighted back extension are best for isolating the lower back anyway. Many people have moderately impressive deadlifts without deadlifting often too.

I HATE the trap bar, all it soes is fuck up my lower back. I can straight bar DL 2 times a week, and my back is fine. I had to play through 3 weks of football because I trap bar DL’d 505 4 times with a soore low back

It’s a tool in a toolbox. Use it when necessary. No more. No less.

Wendler in 531 says it is the only acceptable substitute for deadlifts.

[quote]BeastKing wrote:
Poliquin doesnt even know what hes talking about half the time. i read one of his articles and he says you have to gain 15 pounds of muscle before you gain 1 inch on your bicep… gregg valentino did not weigh 435 + bone mass+fat+organs = 500+ ? noway he weighed around 500+ [/quote]

Poliquin did not say every inch of bicep = 15 pounds of muscle. You didn’t understand what he meant, not in the slightest. Lets say you have 17 inch arms, on average, to get your arms to 18 inches, your probably roughly going to have to gain 15 pounds of muscle. It’s actually a good generalization.

Many people say it actually, 10-15 pounds = 1 inch on your arm. Not only this, you used gregg valentino, a man where his musculature did not reflect the size of his arms because it wasn’t actual muscle tissue. You could have picked thousands of examples from people you know, athletes you know, people from all walks of life, but you used the very one person that works against what your saying more than any possible example. I hope I’m being stupid, and he’s was being sarcastic.

Poliquin is a very smart coach, just because you don’t agree with one thing he said or has done, doesn’t change that. You can take lots from what he says.

[quote]T.J. wrote:
Poliquin did not say every inch of bicep = 15 pounds of muscle. You didn’t understand what he meant, not in the slightest. Lets say you have 17 inch arms, on average, to get your arms to 18 inches, your probably roughly going to have to gain 15 pounds of muscle. It’s actually a good generalization.

Many people say it actually, 10-15 pounds = 1 inch on your arm. Not only this, you used gregg valentino, a man where his musculature did not reflect the size of his arms because it wasn’t actual muscle tissue. You could have picked thousands of examples from people you know, athletes you know, people from all walks of life, but you used the very one person that works against what your saying more than any possible example. I hope I’m being stupid, and he’s was being sarcastic.

Poliquin is a very smart coach, just because you don’t agree with one thing he said or has done, doesn’t change that. You can take lots from what he says. [/quote]

But didn’t Poliquin even say that Arnold couldn’t have had 22 inch arms based on his bodyweight. Now that is stupid.

[quote]challer1 wrote:

Well, odds are since it’s this is the powerlifting forum people assume it’s for powerlifting.

If he was serious about powerlifting, you would think he would get a rack.

quote]

In the process of getting one. I work out at home because I don’t have the money for a gym right now. In a perfect world I would be doing my squats and DL’s in the gym like I used to. Trying to find a good alternative to squats until I do get a rack.

I was given a trap bar, so I have that along with a straight bar and 500lbs of free weights.

[quote]BeastKing wrote:
trapbar deadlift is pussy talk for “i cant deadlift enough so make myself look good by doing a lot of weight easier calling it a deadlift.”[/quote]

How much do you deadlift?

[quote]BeastKing wrote:
Poliquin doesnt even know what hes talking about half the time. i read one of his articles and he says you have to gain 15 pounds of muscle before you gain 1 inch on your bicep… gregg valentino did not weigh 435 + bone mass+fat+organs = 500+ ? noway he weighed around 500+ [/quote]

you’re joking right?

Bench : 350
Squat : 380
p/c : 235
Deadlift : 610 (school record come check for my name)

Shorecrest highschool washington.

Ah, a high school kid, that explains it.

Along with the fact you posted a bunch of other numbers when I only asked for the deadlift.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
Ah, a high school kid, that explains it.

Along with the fact you posted a bunch of other numbers when I only asked for the deadlift.[/quote]

Along with the fact that there’s no way in hell I believe that someone could squat only 30 lbs more than they bench, yet deadlift more than 1.6x what they squat

IT73,

What’s your plan now that you have gotten more information than you asked for? Let’s see your program or something so that we can have a few give you something useful and let others shit-on and sidetrack the thread.

Just so you know, it’s all done with love and understanding. Er, I mean tough-love and mis-understanding.

Srsly, have you picked that bitch up yet?

Good leverage for deads can explain that, which can make squats more difficult too + squats are technically much more difficult.

I think size and build could determine the relative difficulty on the trap bar/vs dead. Once I get the weight off the floor it is going to be completed. I think when you are short stubby the difference is going to be less.

Deadlift is posterior chain
Squats mostly anterior
Trap bar will work the mid line.

[quote]BeastKing wrote:
trapbar deadlift is pussy talk for “i cant deadlift enough so make myself look good by doing a lot of weight easier calling it a deadlift.”[/quote]

I guess this is someone that needs his ego stroked.