Transition to Cruise

Hi guys, I’m curently at the tail end of a 15week 450mg pw test e cycle. I’ve decided to transition to trt as don’t want to deal with pct.
I was going to run 150mg pw and take it from there, aiming for high normal t levels.
My question is at what point after starting trt pinning would my t levels reflect the 150mg pw dose?
Would it be appropriate to wait about 4.5 half lives ie. Roughy 36 days before I check?
Thanks!

Probably. You could put your cycle and your trt into a steroid plotter to see. It’s what I would do.

Not what you were asking, but make sure you are good with pinning forever before you go down that road.

1 Like

Simple answer yes.

When going from a blast of 500 mg/wk to a cruise of 200mg/wk I take a full week off to get my blood levels down quicker. Seems to work well for me.

2 Likes

I agree with @Veteq when coming off blast I wait 7-9 days before I pin again going from 500 mg/wk to 180 mg/wk.

I think going from 450 to 150, waiting 7 days is fine. It’s not an exact science, but it’s close enough.

Hi guys, seeking input from those more knowledgeable than myself regarding TRT.

Background
31 year old male. Completed first cycle of test e for about 15 weeks.
Ran test at 125mg e2d for a total of about 437.5mg/ week.
After the end of the end of the cycle I decided to transition to self administered TRT.
TRT dose was 50mg e2d for a total of about 175mg/week.
I waited 6 weeks after switching doses to re-check my bloods.
Throughout the entire process I have felt completely normal.
The only difference being on a lower dose is I have lost that extreme confidence I had when on the blast dose, feel more or less my normal self now.

Blood results

Pre cycle bloods
Oestradiol 107 pmol/L (< 150)
Testosterone 22 nmol/L (10.0-33.0)
free Testosterone (calc) 459 pmol/L (150-700)
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin 33 nmol/L (13-71)

Mid cycle bloods
E2 420 pmol/L (< 150)
Testo. 87 nmol/L (10.0-33.0)
fTesto.c 2964 pmol/L (150-700)
SHBG 17 nmol/L (13-71)

Post cycle bloods
E2 280 pmol/L (< 150)
Testo. 44 nmol/L (10.0-33.0)
fTesto.c 1430 pmol/L (150-700)
SHBG 18 nmol/L (13-71)

Questions

1. My total T seems to be on the high end of normal but my free T is way above the normal range. Could this be because by SHBG is pretty low?
  2. Based on these results I’m inclined to drop my dose to 40mg e2d ( ~ 140mg/week).
    I’ll do this and retest my levels in 5-6 weeks. Does that seem reasonable?

Thanks for the input guys, ideally my goals would be to have my T-levels higher than what they were to begin with without risking too many of the metabolic/ cardiovascular side effects associated with high levels of androgens.

Yep

Also yep

2 Likes

Thanks mate.
Is there a particular reason my shbg has been crushed?

I believe it happens to everyone who cycles.
Here is my bloods 6 weeks post cycle now on 100mg/w T cyp. I have now added anastrozole to get my E2 back in the mid 20’s

Most likely just from higher doses of androgens. The more test you take, the lower SHBG will go.

Diet plays a role; more carbs means less SHBG.

Were you getting high e2 sides?
What’s your injection protocol mate?
I wonder if injecting sc e2d for myself might be why I’m getting such high free test on my current dose.

Fair enough, I always thought shbg would rise wihh more test to counterbalance so that you’re free test doesn’t get to high.
Diet is pretty much the same tbh. Metabolic have always been pretty ok.

While cycling no but I did start to get them between the cycle and TRT dose.
Water weigh, mood swings, anxiety with small panic attacks, ED, lose of desire to have sex.

While cycling I used T E and injected M/W/F on TRT I use T cyp M/T

No, IMO injecting sc e2d does nothing to boost free T. You are getting high Free T because your SHGB is so low and it is not binding your free T or your Free E2 for that matter. One very good one very bad. HTH

1 Like

Doses and frequency can help manipulate SHBG but overall higher doses of test will always drive it down. The exogenous source will overcome any “stabilization” effect

What was your e2 on cycle? Did you use any ai then?
I feel pretty good at my current e2 levels. Pretty hesitant to take an ai if I don’t really need it.
Thanks for clarifying shbg!

Then don’t take the AI if you feel good. How you feel means way more to me than blood test numbers.

I typically don’t use an AI when cycling to protect my joints unless I start getting bad high E2 sides which I usually don’t get it is when I come down all hell breaks lose.