Transgender (Female to Male) Cycle Advice

I don’t know about sending PMs, I’m new to this site as of a few of days ago.
I am hoping bc my regular injection is reasonably high, 160 mg/week, I should be able to keep most/all of my gains for a while as long as training and diet are up to par?
If there is a silver lining in this anywhere I think it lies in not having to take a huge dose of test bc we don’t have to be worried about disrupting natural T production, and not having to bother with PCT for the same reason.

Hey guys I’m ftm too and I’m looking to start a cycle. I’m really new to all this so I’m still doing research but did you tell your doctors you were doing this? I don’t think mine would be okay with it since she thinks my levels are perfect (usually mid 600s) and I’m afraid if she found out I was using my t for performance she wouldn’t prescribe anymore. Would it be undetectable in my bloodwork after the cycle is over? And is there anywhere I can contact you privately? There’s no info on this stuff for transguys out there.

2 Likes

Hey! I left my regular Endo. Dr and stopped getting blood tests. I have a mtf friend who also dabbled in steroids (not dr prescribed) and she found a family doctor who she told about the gear so he could monitor her appropriately. Your T does is typically controlled and they won’t sell you your next vial if it’s too early, if this is the case for you then you may end up having to get “street” quality.

Add me on instagram.

1 Like

FTM here too, about to start my first cycle. We should start a group. I’m pre-top/pre-hysto and curious how aromatization is going to affect me. Planning to log my first cycle and share here and on /r/steroids.

4 Likes

There’s 4 of us in on 1 forum! Awesome. Facebook group? I’m not on this site much

3 Likes

I am pre hysto too and have been on T for 9 years with no bad side effects. Recently upped my dose to 200mg/week for the last three weeks and have had no bad signs of balding acne or gyno (I had top surgery 4 years ago).
Some people handle stuff different than others, I wish you luck! At least you won’t have to worry about gyno since you are pre top. Silver lining.

1 Like

What is your IG? I’ll definitely add you, and anyone else who is ftm! I can’t believe there’s actually 4 of us here.
Just got my Dbol in today!! I’m pumped to start the cycle, already upped my dose of T 3 weeks ago. I will have to get some “street” to keep up my higher dose for another 8 or 9 weeks. Any recommended sources? You can contact me via IG if that is more appropriate or easier.
I will keep you guys posted in progress, as well as keeping a journal to monitor mood food consumption, workouts, etc since this is my first cycle I look forward to learning what works and hopefully not a whole lot for what doesn’t.

1 Like

I have a buddy that’s FTM and he runs cyp, deca, and dbol (with nolvadex and/or arimidex) . I’ll see about getting some more information from him once we get back in contact with each other. He power lifts, the reason I am replying back to you. 400± deadlift, 250± bench, and the squat I believe is in the 350-400 area. I’ll get those confirmed.

Good luck to all. Also, I just referred a good buddy that’s FTM, just coming out. I’m sure Evyn will join soon. Looking for like minded people and wanting to learn and share more.

1 Like

Hey man I’m ftm too and would love to get in contact with you about your experience with cycles. I’m new to this site so not sure if you can directly message a person or not on here.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not sure about the private message thing but send me an email and I’ll link up with you on Instagram :slight_smile:

Always love to chat with fellow trans men interested in bodybuilding.

1 Like

You should take advantage of the T replacement forum.

TRT shuts down the HPTA, HPOA in your case and E2 levels will be from T–>E2 aromatization in peripheral tissues. You will need E2 labs and can modulate E2 levels with low dose anastrozole/Arimidex. This will affect your libido, fat patterns, fat amounts, mood and energy for the better. In your case, because your brain was wired with estrogens, you may find that the suggested TRT target of E2=22pg/ml is too low for you. So you may have to work some of that out by observing you you feel.

Because your HPOA will be shutdown, LH/FSH–>zero, so no point in testing. If you order a female panel, lab ranges will be wrong. If you order a male panel, PSA would be of no use, so you can avoid the cost of that.

Fat or ability to loose fat is greatly influenced by thyroid function. Also affects energy levels. See the last paragraph to self-eval thyroid function. You need to be using iodized salt to support your thyroid.

Get T cyp 200mg/ml and inject smaller volumes.
Inject 50mg twice a week, SC/SQ, not IM, with #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringes
Dose anastrozole at time of injections.

With 100mg T per week, most guys need 1.0 mg anastrozole per week to maintain favorable E2 levels. You might react the same. When you do labs while using anastrozole, the E2 results can be used to easily calculate a corrected dose. If you get E2=28pg/ml and want to get to 22pg/ml, simply modify dose by factor of 28/22. The same approach will reduce the dose as well if E2<22pg/ml. A few guys are anastrozole over-responders who need to reduce expected doses to a 4th of what others need. So if E2 crashes, stop anastrozole for 5-6 days and resume at the lower dose.

Do AM cortisol labs, at 8AM or 1 hour after waking up. In the adrenals progesterone–>cortisol. Your progesterone levels levels will be greatly reduced. You should also test DHEA-S to see if that adrenal hormone is good.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - has the terminology you need to understand
  • things that damage your hormones - will be a few things there for you
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

Yeah. Just forget it.

I’m a transman starting a basic Test E cycle with arimadex AI. I’ve been on T for 4 years. Average Test levrl 700, average Estradiol level 30. My Test C prescription is 100mg/weekly, but I just upped it to E3D. I’m continuing E3D but swapping between 100mg Test C and 250mg Test E with Arimadex on Test E days, so E6D. Goal of at least 25lbs weight in 12 weeks. I will basically be doing a blast/cruise by returning to my prescribed 100mg/weekly dose for 6 weeks afterwards. If everything goes well I will blast again with Test. If I bulk I will likely add dbol, and if I cut I’ll add anavar.

1 Like

Hi, im a transman, i keep following this thread because i also want to know gear for bodybuilding. Whats the cycles and what to take. I read here that you guys wants to create a discussion regarding this, can you count me in? My cycle now is 250mg/1cc Cyp every 2 weeks. Post hysto and post top. Hope to hear reply to all of you guys. Thank you

1 Like

You might get better/ more responses if you start a fresh thread rather than resurrecting one several years old.

I can’t really comment as I am not familiar with how steroids dosages affect the FtM body; but for cisgender males 250mg every two weeks is a low TrT dosage, not a cycle dosage.

Yeah, start a new thread.

But, your T protocol is shit. Inject 125ml every week, or 67.5 every 3.5 days. It will get your levels more even. Every two weeks is standard, but is not good.

Okay if its much better. I to now a safe cycle and gear to get to bodybuilding. Im thinking about the test cyp and dbol combi, what do think guys?

Ok will make a new thread.

1 Like

I realize this thread is about 2 years old, but I wanted to know how the doubling of Cyp + dbol worked for gains. And if there were any unwanted side effects?

1 Like

Yes.