Transformers Review

ABSOLUTELY FUCKING FANTASTIC! They did a REALLY good job with it. Without a doubt it must be seen in the theater.

Growing up on Transformers I was looking at it with a VERY critical eye and I have almost zero complaints. The comedy was pure gold. Some cheesy but it was all

hilarious. The actors did an absolutely great job.

The Transformers were amazing to say the least. There were some slow-motion scenes that were absolutely gorgeous.

As a first live action Transformers movie they hit the nail on the fucking head. Other than not having a very large number of Transformers in it and…

Minor Spoiler, but not really

…Devastator being a vehicle and no Soundwave…

Minor Spoiler Done

It was great.

So, in closing, go see the fucking movie! You’ll have a blast. This and Die Hard are two of the best popcorn flicks to come along in recent memory. But see Transformers before Die Hard if you have to make a choice!

Just got home from seeing it. It was just an awesome fucking spectacle.

Thank God! I was fearing this would suck!

I’m definetly gonna go see it now.

PGA - I just saw it in Planville tonight, which theater did you see it in?
This is def. one of the best movies I have ever seen! I knew it was going to be good, but I didnt thinkg it was going to be that good. I will be seeing it again with in the next two weeks.

Also, does anyone know what the movie is that they are playing in the trailers for Transformers. Its the one where people are at a party and some guy is leaving for Japan, and then things just start blowing up and they hear a “Creatures voice”? I would love to see what movie it is. I thought the release date was Jan 18, but cant find anything to match that for that date

This movie was made of raw awesome.

-Gendou

PS. Do a barrel roll!

It was Ok. The CGI was awesome, and the comedy was amusing.

The ending was a bit of an anticlimax, though. I’m also not all that crazy about all the military propaganda that Michael Bay includes a rather hefty dose of in many of his movies. To me, as a norwegian, it really jumped out at me when I watched the movie. Is it equally obvious to americans?

[quote]Mr ian wrote:
PGA - I just saw it in Planville tonight, [/quote]

I saw it in NYC.

Well it’s the day after and the people who I saw it with work with me and we cannot stop talking about it. I cannot remember the last time that has happened for a flick. Bay redeemed himself for Pearl Harbor and The Island 10000 fold!

[quote]magnusjs wrote:
It was Ok. The CGI was awesome, and the comedy was amusing.

The ending was a bit of an anticlimax, though. I’m also not all that crazy about all the military propaganda that Michael Bay includes a rather hefty dose of in many of his movies. To me, as a norwegian, it really jumped out at me when I watched the movie. Is it equally obvious to americans?[/quote]

You’re right. CGI, action, comedy, was all great. I’m not sure about the propaganda bit though. Maybe I’m used to/oblivious to it all. It’s a sci-fi movie that uses modern technology to battle futuristic robots. It would be ridiculous if they threw spears and rocks, right?

You gotta love the Summer Propaganda films–coincidence it opens the week of July 4th…? It was pure gold right down to the heros saving the day. The best part of the film was the 16 year old “eye candy”.

I really like how they won at the end by killing stuff. Weren’t you guys totally blown away by all the amazing acting?

Other than the totally cool acting, super-sweet explosions and shoot-em-up scenes this movie was totally bunk. It was nothing but advertising and propaganda all the way down to the core. These are the ads that you get to sit thru for $8:

1. US Air Force
  2. Microsoft
  3. Tacobell
  4. Nokia
  5. Chevrolet
  6. Porsche
  7. GMC
  8. Hummer
  9. Ford

There are many others that I cannot remember from the top of my head.

The perfect summer advertising festival for all the mindless 14 year olds and grown-up childmen (sic). They are going to make a killing on this one.

[quote]magnusjs wrote:
I’m also not all that crazy about all the military propaganda that Michael Bay includes a rather hefty dose of in many of his movies. To me, as a norwegian, it really jumped out at me when I watched the movie. Is it equally obvious to americans?[/quote]

From the get…Aim High. It is the new recruiting tactic for the US government. They get to parade all their super-sweet kill machines around and show their super bad-ass USAF Combat Control rockin’ rounds down range to get all the 14 year olds pumped for military service and in exchange the film producers get a free set. DoD and Hollywood working together in the land of the free and home of the…

John Turturro…how could you?

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
magnusjs wrote:
I’m also not all that crazy about all the military propaganda that Michael Bay includes a rather hefty dose of in many of his movies. To me, as a norwegian, it really jumped out at me when I watched the movie. Is it equally obvious to americans?

From the get…Aim High. It is the new recruiting tactic for the US government. They get to parade all their super-sweet kill machines around and show their super bad-ass USAF Combat Control rockin’ rounds down range to get all the 14 year olds pumped for military service and in exchange the film producers get a free set. DoD and Hollywood working together in the land of the free and home of the…

John Turturro…how could you? [/quote]

Forgive me, but showing the effectiveness of military technology against the Transformers was an important element of the storyline for this Transformers spin off.

It may have glamorized warfare to appeal somewhat to the younger audiences, but it certainly didn’t take away from the storyline. Besides, who doesn’t get a boner from F22s blowing stuff up?

The CGI in this movie is unmatched. This is not a low budget film, and I’m sure the subtle advertising was a good source of funding for the movie.

If subtle advertisements are used during the Super Bowl, people don’t mind. Hell, people are literally excited to watch the commercials during the Super Bowl, and that’s as blatant as advertising gets. Flashing GMC symbols on cars, or letting the audience know that a car is a Camaro is hardly detrimental to the storyline being developed.

Enjoy the movie for what it’s worth. In this case, that’s a hell of a lot. . . :smiley:

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Rambled incoherently[/quote]

Dude, you should get that stick looked at.

Not to take away from such a great movie.

But I think Megan Fox is pretty damn hot.

Yeah, she’s a fox. Oh, wait. That was kind of punny. . . Or not :confused:

[quote]PGA wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Rambled incoherently

Dude, you should get that stick looked at.[/quote]

For what its worth…yes my 7 yr old nephew really enjoyed it.

[quote]PGA wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Rambled incoherently

Dude, you should get that stick looked at.[/quote]

No kidding, and if these are your complaints then, when it comes to movies, you are an idiot. Have you ever seen a Bay film? He always presents military hardware like its in a stroke mag (one of the reasons the military will normally let him get his shots). Why don’t you complain that Kevin Smith makes a lot of geek jokes, or Robert Altman never spent enough time developing plot.

[quote]holifila wrote:
Why don’t you complain that Kevin Smith makes a lot of geek jokes, or Robert Altman never spent enough time developing plot.[/quote]

Because I think its hilarious that “grown” men can get all tingly from animated cartoon figures. In general though, Hollywood sucks donkey-dick and I think DoD and Hollywood working together to advertise and sell nationalistic propaganda is a BAD thing.

The other shitty films that are made by those people you mention don’t mean anything to me either.

My question is, when have movies NOT been used for propaganda? They go hand-in-hand. And propaganda isn’t an inherently bad thing. It’s simply a tool to push an agenda, whether it’s good one or bad one is another story.

BTW, I can’t wait to see this movie tonight after reading this thread. I’ve been waiting 23 years for a life action Transformers film.

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
My question is, when have movies NOT been used for propaganda? They go hand-in-hand. And propaganda isn’t an inherently bad thing. It’s simply a tool to push an agenda, whether it’s good one or bad one is another story. [/quote]

Too true!

[quote]
BTW, I can’t wait to see this movie tonight after reading this thread. I’ve been waiting 23 years for a life action Transformers film.[/quote]

Enjoy it!