Transformers 2 - WTF

OK, I have no idea what I just saw (Devastator? Ravage??) but I do know that I liked it:

http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/12063146/standardformat/

- YouTube (HD)

EDIT - added 2nd link

From what I’ve read, that’s devastator. Hopefully the movie will have more megan fox and less shia lebouf. More giant robots too.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
From what I’ve read, that’s devastator…[/quote]

While I’m generally cool with evolutions of characters over the ages, this isn’t one of them. I was really looking forward to the cement truck, bulldozer, and other constructicons turning into a giant robot and saying in unison “WE ARE DEVASTATOR!”

Not condemming the movie, but it’s going to be detail that bugs me a lot.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
chimera182 wrote:
From what I’ve read, that’s devastator…

While I’m generally cool with evolutions of characters over the ages, this isn’t one of them. I was really looking forward to the cement truck, bulldozer, and other constructicons turning into a giant robot and saying in unison “WE ARE DEVASTATOR!”

Not condemming the movie, but it’s going to be detail that bugs me a lot. [/quote]

Yeah, the new one lacks a certain something in awesome-looking-ness. Based on the first movie though, they could probably pull it off.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
chimera182 wrote:

Not condemming the movie, but it’s going to be detail that bugs me a lot. [/quote]

Well, from what I’ve heard, what you see of Devastator in the trailer is not the ‘complete’ version of him with all of the Constructicons combined yet.

I guess we’ll know for sure soon enough…

It’s going to be on IMAX, by the way. And not just establishing or exterior shots like in The Dark Knight. Bay said that some of the fighting sequences (at least three) would be in IMAX.

I guess Favreau has also said that he’d like to film some sequences for Iron Man 2 in IMAX as well.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
chimera182 wrote:

According to movie blogs all of the constructicons are in the movie and form devastator, maybe sans voice but it’s not like he’s just a giant robot amongst giant robots.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
It’s going to be on IMAX, by the way. And not just establishing or exterior shots like in The Dark Knight. Bay said that some of the fighting sequences (at least three) would be in IMAX.

I guess Favreau has also said that he’d like to film some sequences for Iron Man 2 in IMAX as well.[/quote]

This excites me.

Well…no more trailers for me. I am going into official information shut down until the movie comes out. I can’t wait.

Devastator had better not be complete in that Big Wheel format.

The Fallen had better not have that organic shitty look and be on fire at all times.

An Orson Wells-sounding motherfucker had better say something like “I am Unicron” at the very end of the motherfucking movie.

[quote]Vash wrote:

The Fallen had better not have that organic shitty look and be on fire at all times.

An Orson Wells-sounding motherfucker had better say something like “I am Unicron” at the very end of the motherfucking movie.[/quote]

Haha, well said.

[quote]Vash wrote:

An Orson Wells-sounding motherfucker had better say something like “I am Unicron” at the very end of the motherfucking movie.[/quote]

This is supposedly a picture of a statue for The Fallen that will be released soon.

I’ve been getting a lot of my info from this site:

Spoiler alert if you check out the site though! Not everything they post is official, but they do have some cool screen caps and break downs of the trailer.

i heard the Jonas Brothers are going to be in this one.

i guess im kinda glad i never followed Transformers cause i can see the movie and not be like “OMG that never would have happened”

side note- just watched the trailer and itd be way better if they just combined this and the new Terminator into 1 movie, no plot just robots, guns, and explosions and maybe some boobs.

dinobots in this one?

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
dinobots in this one?
[/quote]

Hell yes, I was about to say the same thing. They now need the dinobots to counter the crazyness of the constructicons.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
dinobots in this one?
[/quote]

I can do without that pack of retarded robots.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Vash wrote:

An Orson Wells-sounding motherfucker had better say something like “I am Unicron” at the very end of the motherfucking movie.

This is supposedly a picture of a statue for The Fallen that will be released soon.

I’ve been getting a lot of my info from this site:

Spoiler alert if you check out the site though! Not everything they post is official, but they do have some cool screen caps and break downs of the trailer.[/quote]

The Fallen needs to go on a bulk. Any ideas as to what he transforms into? The texture of his armor suggests his alternate mode is a creature, not a vehicle…

Some of the dumbest movies ive seen. Theres something wrong with anyone over 28 who’s in love with childish crap like this.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
heavythrower wrote:
dinobots in this one?

I can do without that pack of retarded robots. [/quote]

BLASPHEMY!!!

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
heavythrower wrote:
dinobots in this one?

I can do without that pack of retarded robots.

BLASPHEMY!!!

[/quote]

Oh yeah, how 'bout this one?

Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime is my favorite transformer!