135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5

NG Pull Ups- 50 reps
Dips- 50 reps
Decline Sit ups- 50 reps
Lunges- 50 reps

NOTES: Working towards that 5x5 315 back squat! Only 2 more sets away! Finally can do 135 5x5 for OHP so that’s improving.

6 Likes

I see you’ve been killin’ it in your time away! Nice!

1 Like

Thanks man! I think the reduction in training sessions has allowed my body to be “fresher” for each sessions especially since my eating has been on point. 315 is starting to feel a bit “lighter” lol.

1 Like

315 x 2 PR just 22 days ago then this??!?!

Holy STRENGTH GAINS, Batman!

4 Likes

Thanks man! I think more than anything I’ve been consistent going to the gym, but also I had no idea how long I was under eating (eating around maintenance). I’ve been using the eatthismuch app recently to track what i eat and to make sure I stay around 2700-3000 calories daily.

I’ve got to start doing this myself, I’m definitely guilty of under-eating if left to my own devices.

1 Like

For years I never calorie counted. I don’t plan on it being a lifetime thing. But I think for a month it works well. Just to give you a true sense of how to eat. You can eat meat, rice, veggies at every meal and still be under eating lol.

1 Like

Read the first post and was about to type this myself haha.

Great job @isdatnutty. Please keep updating, this is one of my favourite logs.

1 Like

Once my schedule dies down, I want to stick a workout regiment for the winter time.

I was thinking of doing a full body 4x a week. It would be structured:

MONDAY
Back Squat
OH Press
Chin Ups
Abs

TUESDAY
Front Squat
Dips
BB Row
Lunges

THURSDAY
Back Squat
OH Press
Chin Ups
Abs

FRIDAY
Front Squat
Deadlift (any variation)
DB Bench (or regular bench/incline bench if busy at the gym)
DB Row (or BB, T-bar, CS)

After my back squat goal, I want to shift my focus to bring up my FS as well. I think this would work well and is nice and minimal how I like it! Any opinions from anyone?

2 Likes

Thanks man appreciate it! Glad you enjoy it. I think I have proved you can get results changing programs daily lol. It’s mainly about hitting the gym consistently and eating as well as you can.

1 Like

Lurked on your log for a while. Your progress has been awesome to watch. Why switch it up?! You are obviously killing it right now with your set up! I rarely comment but hate to see you stop before stalling out.
Fantastic work, and I also agree that consistency in showing up and adhering to a goal is the most important for progress. Recently discovered this myself in training.

1 Like

Thanks man! See the thing is I’m always switching it up and it hasn’t stopped me lol. I’ve switched between like 4 different templates in the last month. A part of me doesn’t like having a “program” because a lot it comes down to:

1. How much time can I commit to training that particular week?
  2. How busy is the gym, what equipment do I have access to?

Because lets say I was supposed to squat 5x5 / ohp 4x8 / bb rows 5x10 on a day. But when I go there and everything is taken up? I might just do deadlift 531 / dips 50-100 reps / chin ups 50-100 reps instead.

I’m BIG BIG BIG believer in squat, press, pull.

But I do feel like picking one and sticking to it to 6 months will give me amazing progress. Even more so than I have now.

1 Like

Yeah I feel that, counting calories all the time sounds like a quick way for me to go insane haha. Need to get a good baseline idea though so I can start actually gaining a bit of mass!

1 Like

Yeah for sure man. I say do it for a month just so you have a baseline and then adjust from there. Now I know what 2500 clean calories look like. So I can now adjust moving forward based on that.

1 Like

Yeah man, great progress. Be very careful with changes, you’re doing it right…for you.

1 Like

Thanks man! I think I’ve found my sweet spot. I need one volume day and one intensity day per main lift. That basic setup seems to drive up any of my lifts.

And now I’m only 2-4 weeks away from my back Squat goal. After I get it, I want to really push my front Squat.

1 Like

Good job on all the recent progress man.

1 Like

Liking the progressive. Nice efficiency too on the snatch, are you of the leggy bastard variety?

Long legged people seem to be really good at lifting very close to their squat. I saw this new lad in my gym doing clean and jerk doubles with like 150, and later saw him miss two squat attempts with a belt at 190. The only times I’ve seen him miss a snatch or clean so far was that the weight just crushed him in the hole.

Thanks man, appreciate it!

Even though I’m 5’7 I think my legs are a bit longer. But snatching has always come the easiest to me. I read somewhere (I think a Thib’s article) that a coach said “Snatches are for athletes, C&J are for the brutes” lol. I was always athletic in general so I think that’s why snatching came a bit easier.

Getting crushed at the bottom of a snatch or clean is the worst lol. Snatch is easy to bail, but cleans I feel like if you are pinned down rock bottom it’s a bit harder.

1 Like

Front Squat
135x5
185x5
225x5
255x5
255x5
255x5
255x5
255x5

BB Row
185x8