Chicken
Potatoes
Rice
Lentils
Veggies
Bean and Bamboshoot soup.

I was getting downnnnnn!

1 Like

Oh yeah, training metal plates and bad bars tear your shoulders to shreds. I prefer to muscle or hip or tall lift if I am trying to work on the third pull mechanics. I feel like it has more impact and less bad habits.

1 Like

Nomnomnom :drooling_face:

1 Like

WEEK 3 - DAY 2

CONDITIONING
1 mile run - 7:02

MOBILITY
90 min HOT yoga

NOTES: Nothing too crazy today. Yoga was MUCH needed, lower body has been extra tight lately because I haven’t been taking my warming up and mobility as seriously.

1 Like

WEEK 3 - DAY 3

FRONT SQUAT
205x5
205x5
205x5
205x5
205x5
205x5
205x5
SS w/
NG Chin Ups - 30 reps
Ab Wheel - 50 reps

BENCH PRESS
185x7
185x5
185x5
185x4
SS w/
DB Rows - 50 reps @ 70lbs
BW Split Squat - 40 reps each leg

CONDITIONING
KB Swings + Push Ups - 10 rounds (10 swings, 5 push ups)

NOTES: I can move up 10lbs in front squats next week since I got to 7x5. Will jump to 225 and try to build up to 7x5. It’s been a while, but for some reason I am REALLY LOVING training the last 2-3 weeks. I think it’s because I don’t have to think at all. I know what I need to go in and do each day. I think also I’m not thinking about eating at all. Some days I might only get 1500 calories, but I think it’s the overall consistency that’s truly helping me. Just need to do a bit more dedicated mobility work. Maybe 10 minutes before bed moving forward.

2 Likes

I MISS MY OLD HOME GYM :frowning:

IT was so perfect for me.

3 Likes

WEEK 3 - DAY 4

POWER SNATCH
EMOM 15 Minutes
155x1

1 MILE RUN
7:05

NOTES: Going to try to get under 7 minutes for my mile next week. Power snatches felt good. I think I like to snatch the day after benching to open up my shoulders and chest again.

1 Like

RANT

I decided to go and read my log from beginning to end.

A few things I noticed:

• I’m thankful for any of you that stop by to check it out and drop gems.

• I have come a LONG way from where I first started. I’m lifting way more than I did in the beginning. I didn’t realize it, but I’ve added 120lbs to my squat in 10 months. First squat workout in my log was doing 155lbs and I just did 275 lbs.

• I don’t like off TRUE off days, unless they are the weekends. I like the training M-F type mentality.

• I’ve squatted anywhere from 2x-7x a week depending on the week.

• I’ve done A LOT of pulling in general. Seems like 50% of my overall volume comes from some sort of pulling whether it be pulling from the floor, any rows, and chin/pull ups.

• My diet hasn’t been consistent at all.

• I’ve changed my program a RIDICULOUS number of times. I probably have the record on this site for program changes in a one year span. Seems like I was changing my program daily. With that being said I’m surprised I’ve still have made so much progress overall. I attribute this simply going in and putting in work. I also have stuck to a few core philosophies that I believe in. I also attribute this to making sure I always “squat, press, pull, condition then whatever you want”.

• I look like “I’m in shape”, but I do not look like I lift. I attribute this to nutrition (still have fat on me) and also I’m not lifting the type of weights that would warrant that just yet. The only reason I think people think I look like I lift sometimes is my trap/upper back. All those cleans and snatches have made them dense. I always have women (and sometimes even men) like tap my back or shoulder or arm or something because they laughed at a joke or saying hi and they always look at me surprised and say “wow, your body is rock hard, do you lift?”. It makes me feel both good and bad haha! If I’m by myself I say “no I’m too lazy for that” and if my wife is present she’ll always say “oh yeah my hubby does olympic weightlifting” lol.

• But overall I’m happy with my progress in the last 10 months. I think what has truly HELD me back is 2 things. (1) is not sticking to a program for at least 3 months. (2) My nutrition not being consistent.

• The more you are in this game, the more you realize people do different things to get great results. For example a strong friend of mine works in 4 week blocks. He’s been doing it for this past 2 years. Where Week 1 is 3x full body, Week 2 is 4x upper lower, Week 3 is 6x PPL, and then Week 4 is 2x full body with heavy hard conditioning. And then repeat. He’s said he’s made incredible gains (I know he went from a 385 to a 500 lb squat this year doing this). He told me he does this because doing the same routine for more than 2 weeks back to back to him become just boring. So this way he’s pushing his main lifts hard while just doing whatever volume he needs to for assistance.

• I FIGURED OUT WHY it’s hard for me to stick to a program. I just don’t like the rigidness. I like to have some basic parameters that I work with. I think this is due to the creative artist mentality I have. I would do well if someone just told me “here’s a barbell and 405lbs worth of weights, now get strong, you can’t use any other equipment” VS. “here’s a barbell, and 405lbs worth of weights, now do 5/3/1 BBB and come back 6 months later”. I like to do some movements more than others. For example I would pick back squats or front squats over deadlifts ANY day of the week. I also like some movements with more frequency.

• But what I have done over the past year is figure out what I like and don’t like. This knowledge and experience I hope will take me VERY far!

• 2 Programs I would try if my brain felt like it was going to explode. (1) Being the Dan John OLAD program and (2) a basic ABA, BAB type program that would be “Back Squat/OH Press/Chin Ups/Dips/Abs” and “Front Squat/Bench Press/Deadlift/BB Rows/Abs”.

8 Likes

Very good points my man. I’m glad you finally found a “program” that truly works for YOU. Who cares what you do everyday or every week if you aren’t competing you know?

4 Likes

Man I can totally relate to pretty much each one of the points. Pretty nice when you have those realizations though and you can get comfortable setting into the long game.

1 Like

Yeah for sure man. I’m definitely not competing in anything anytime soon lol. I think I like the feeling of training and for how “unfocused” of a person I can be, it’s the one thing that not matter what while I’m in the gym I’m extremely focused.

Oh yeah man, I love being in the gym working out/training. I know I’ll be doing this for a long time.

1 Like

WEEK 3 - DAY 5

BACK SQUAT!
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
ss/
NG Chin Ups - 50 reps
Leg Raises - 50 reps

OVERHEAD PRESS
135x6
135x6
135x5
135x4
ss/
BB Rows - 50 reps @ 135lbs
BB Curls - 50 reps w/ empty barbell

SNATCH PULL
185x5
185x5
185x5
ss/
KB Swings - 100 reps
Band Pull Aparts - 100 reps

NOTES: Today’s workout went FAST and felt good and fast. I love super-setting. Saves so much time and adds to my conditioning.

Love this video and the tips that Klokov gives. I do the hypers 3 sets of 12 before every session. Definitely makes a HUGE difference!

2 Likes

WEEK 4 - DAY 1 - Recovery

HOT TUB - 45 minutes
WALK - 45 minutes

NOTES: I decided to take a bit easy today because my body hurts a bit. So did “hot tub yoga” today which was pretty awesome and then took a nice long walk. I think at LEAST once a week everyone should have a day where they literally just walk and get a massage or stretch for 45 minutes. I think with all the lifting and running and jumping most of us do it’s good to give your body a bit of break with something like this. Can only help in the long run.

2 Likes

3 days worth of breakfast and lunch (not shown is the veggies)

I like eating the same breakfast and lunch. Just because it’s easy to prep.

Rice
Crock pot chicken with beans
Lots of garlic, tomatoes, onions, and other random spices.

3 Likes

Nice man, Recipe?

1 Like

It’s simple man.

1) In a food processor or blender put in:
4 large tomatoes
1 medium sized onions
salt/pepper
olive oil
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 whole garlic
Whatever seasoning you want
1/2 cup chicken bone broth

2) Put that in the crock pot then add:
4lbs of chicken thighs
1 pack of baby carrots
2 cans of whatever beans (your preference) (I do 1 cup of beans per lb of meat, drain the water if you use cans)
*You can add potatoes if you want. Since I like this on top of rice decided not to.

3) Put the crockpot on high for 5hrs or low for 8-9 hours and BOOM it’s done.

4) Now you have multiple meals. I eat about 1.25lbs of meat (raw weight) daily, so the crock pot is perfect for 3-6lbs of meat depending on whatelse you put in there. Weekends I tend to grill and eat more in “survival” mode.

3 Likes

Thanks man ! Sounds yum.

1 Like

WEEK 4 - DAY 2 - MONDAY

BACK SQUAT / AB WHEEL
135x10 / x10
155x5 / x10
185x5 / x10
205x5 / x10
225x5 / x10
245x8
245x7
245x6
245x5

OVERHEAD PRESS / NG PULL UPS
45x12 / x5
95x5 / x5
115x5 / x5
115x5 / x5
115x5 / x5
115x5 / x5
115x5 / x5
115x5 / x5
115x5 / x5
115x5 / x5
115x3
115x3

BARBELL ROW / BW DIPS
135x10 / x15
155x8 / x15
155x8 / x15
155x8 / x15
155x8 / x15
155x8 / x15
155x8 / x15

CONDITIONING
KB Swings 5x20

NOTES: I like how I’m doing this these days. Everything including conditioning is done within 1 hour. I’m basically resting anywhere from 30s-90s between sets. Feeling good!

3 Likes

Totally trying your recipe man. If you have anymore great crock recipes and have a moment, post them up and tag me in them. Always looking for more ways to cook chicken.

2 Likes

Oh for sure man. I’ve become the crockpot master over the past few months lol. I’m such a lazy cook even though I can cook pretty damn well. It’s nice on Sundays to just have to put a 4 cups of rice in the rice cooker, 6lbs of chicken in the crockpot, and chop up a bunch of veggies to eat raw, steam or roast. Meal prep takes me 1 hour for the entire week now lol.

I’ll post a few of these recipes over the next few weeks.

5 Likes