Transfer Students

So I have been reading around the web for awhile but can’t seem to get the answers I am looking for. Hopefully some of you all can help me.

Instead of graduating highschool I took the CHSPE to attend college, now that I have been in college for about a year I am starting to look into schools to transfer to.

However I never took the SAT’s and many schools require them to be eligible. Can I take the SAT’s even though I am in college? would they be valid when applying to universities next year?

[quote]-ETHAN- wrote:
So I have been reading around the web for awhile but can’t seem to get the answers I am looking for. Hopefully some of you all can help me.

Instead of graduating highschool I took the CHSPE to attend college, now that I have been in college for about a year I am starting to look into schools to transfer to.

However I never took the SAT’s and many schools require them to be eligible. Can I take the SAT’s even though I am in college? would they be valid when applying to universities next year?[/quote]

I don’t know why you’re asking this here rather than to an academic advisor, but if you do your two years at CC and complete the appropriate gen-ed then you’re an upper division transfer and you don’t need your SAT. At that point it will be mostly your GPA that is determinate.

In California, the state schools (CSU, UC) participate in the IGETC program. It guarantees admission to students of California community colleges who complete a proscribed set of classes(basically two years general education, AA stuff).

Under this program your high school career is irrelevant. Go talk to the transfer counselor at your school to get on track.

It is pronounced i-GET-see, the counselor will know what you are talking about. Spend the extra year at the community college as it is far easier and cheaper, just make sure all of your classes are transferable.