Transcending All Barriers

Writing style. It’s not a bad thing. He was one of the best bodybuilding coaches ever. And VERY smart, as are you. Are you familiar with him?

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Writing style. It’s not a bad thing. He was one of the best bodybuilding coaches ever. And VERY smart, as are you. Are you familiar with him?[/quote]

I am very familiar with his work and his incredible contributions to the world of bodybuilding over the years. I appreciate your kind words. All that I’ve ever set out to accomplish with my presence on this site is to provide a positive perspective for others to learn from, entirely based on my own experiences as an athlete, competitive bodybuilder and one who’s passion for training, in it’s purest sense, burns so deep, others can see how powerfully positive it can be in their own lives.

On the surface, many assume I am just one of those who is naturally gifted. I won’t deny there’s is a small amount of truth to that. However, the reality is, I’ve had to work my fucking ass off for everything I’ve accomplished. Nothing was handed to me. I earned it.

There are so many people out there in that same position and I sincerely hope that I can provide them some sort of motivation to take a shot and go after the things they desire and end up discovering a place within them, they didn’t know existed.

If one can do that, the actual accomplishment isn’t the reward. The journey and challenges they overcome along the way is.

You’re in my head John!
I feel like I’ve never nodded so much in agreement in one thread before.

Keep it up brotha!
You’re an inspiration to the forums.

Quick question, how do you go about implementing a philosophy that relies so much on internal ‘feel’ with clients?
I feel like it’s totally natural to train this way myself, but when it comes to a lot of trainees it seems they just want sets, reps, and what type of barbell to lift.
How do you effectively teach a trainee to understand their bodies and adapt their training to that understanding? Are there any specific indicators you teach your trainees to look out for to better judge how they’re performing?
What are some things that have helped engrain that sense of personal involvement in ones training to your more “normal” clients?

I just can’t seem to connect and get through to those types of people to the degree I’d like, having always been a serious athlete myself.

How can I inspire a need for greatness in my average house-mom or executive? And once I’ve gotten them to buy in, how can I teach the “art” of lifting? How can you actively coach someone on something so… instinctual and imperceptible?

I’m not sure if I’m being clear enough, but I’ll post and hope you understand what I’m asking.
Hopefully I can get some cool info from a more experienced coach!

Okay this interest me very much.

My training has started to flow this way after 28 years of lifting.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Writing style. It’s not a bad thing. He was one of the best bodybuilding coaches ever. And VERY smart, as are you. Are you familiar with him?[/quote]

And also a beast like you, John…

This is my preferred type of training as well. Look forward to what you have coming our way. Thanks for this.

[quote]John Schlecht wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

I am very familiar with his work and his incredible contributions to the world of bodybuilding over the years. I appreciate your kind words. All that I’ve ever set out to accomplish with my presence on this site is to provide a positive perspective for others to learn from, entirely based on my own experiences as an athlete, competitive bodybuilder and one who’s passion for training, in it’s purest sense, burns so deep, others can see how powerfully positive it can be in their own lives.

On the surface, many assume I am just one of those who is naturally gifted. I won’t deny there’s is a small amount of truth to that. However, the reality is, I’ve had to work my fucking ass off for everything I’ve accomplished. Nothing was handed to me. I earned it.

There are so many people out there in that same position and I sincerely hope that I can provide them some sort of motivation to take a shot and go after the things they desire and end up discovering a place within them, they didn’t know existed.

If one can do that, the actual accomplishment isn’t the reward. The journey and challenges they overcome along the way is. [/quote]
You’re writing on T-Nation is well thought and a mirror of that hard work. You’re thread is inspirational to say at least. =)

Always great hearing big John’s thoughts on training, very glad he’s decided to pop back on here. I know I’m one of the few folks on here who has had the opportunity to spend time and chat with the guy in person, and you can’t mistake the passion he brings for the material. Personally, I think the man’s background as a professional athlete gives him a very unique perspective. He tends to view how everything works as a whole, not the usual performance vs physique outlook that many seem to subconsciously adopt. Looking forward to whatever gems he drops in this thread.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Always great hearing big John’s thoughts on training, very glad he’s decided to pop back on here. I know I’m one of the few folks on here who has had the opportunity to spend time and chat with the guy in person, and you can’t mistake the passion he brings for the material. Personally, I think the man’s background as a professional athlete gives him a very unique perspective. He tends to view how everything works as a whole, not the usual performance vs physique outlook that many seem to subconsciously adopt. Looking forward to whatever gems he drops in this thread.

S[/quote]

I have too and it’s very enjoyable conversing with him. Very articulate and amazingly smart. And the training ferocity is a bit scary lol

Rather than starting with the typical written summary highlighting the “case studies” I mentioned in my initial post, I figured a visual of one of the ass kickers I’m referring to would state what my words simply cannot.

These photos are almost exactly 7 months apart and are NOT altered in any way, what so ever.

This is at the beginning of Michael Vedearko’s journey to the stage as a Men’s Physique competitor.

Here he is after an intelligent, specifically implemented progression through a “Performance Based” system of training with me.

I had him utilize a few Biotest supplements…

MAG-10–by far the one supplement we used in a handful of ways throughout his prep for the stage. He is now a hardcore believer in everything Biotest. He’s also a true fan of this site and all it embodies in providing the most dedicated individuals with simply the best supplements, information and genuinely passionate authors, coaches and business representatives the training world has been fortunate enough to discover.

Elitepro Minerals–made a HUGE impact on his recovery.

Finibars–he’s addicted to them like the rest of us are now :slight_smile:

Plazma–this was introduced in the later stages of his prep. He simply could not believe how powerfully effective it was on his training and physique, just like any of us who have used it, can attest to.

I also used it to peak his body for the stage the last week as well as the day of the show. I found Plazma to be one of the most powerful and unique tools on the planet in peaking a competitors physique IF set up properly in the days prior and how it’s used the day of the show.

I’m sure there are coaches and authors on this site that have now used it in this fashion. It may be something that isn’t shared publicly, but God Damn does it work beautifully!

I am VERY glad to be reading posts by you again (finally!) John. Keep postin when you have time hah!

You spelled my last name wrong. It is Veaderko, but I can forgive you since you have given me the transformation of a life time. Confidence and self awareness, both of which are something that can not be quantified.

Now that is impressive. What was your bodyweight before and after if you don’t mind me asking?

[quote]veaderko wrote:
You spelled my last name wrong. It is Veaderko, but I can forgive you since you have given me the transformation of a life time. Confidence and self awareness, both of which are something that can not be quantified.[/quote]

Welcome to the site, your transformation pics look great! If you and John are willing I’m sure everyone would appreciate hearing as much of the details as possible.

Awesome transformation, curious to hear some ‘details’, especially on the difference in training vs typical training a competitor would do.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
I am VERY glad to be reading posts by you again (finally!) John. Keep postin when you have time hah![/quote]

I’m very glad to be back here Aragorn. I missed it, but all things happen the way they’re meant to and I now have a voice to share I didn’t before now. So, I hope you all will “pick up what I put down,” lol <–that was lame, I know!!

[quote]veaderko wrote:
You spelled my last name wrong. It is Veaderko, but I can forgive you since you have given me the transformation of a life time. Confidence and self awareness, both of which are something that can not be quantified.[/quote]
Dude, sorry for the misspelling of your name. I’ve gotta come up with a nick name for you!

[quote]John Schlecht wrote:

[quote]veaderko wrote:
Dude, sorry for the misspelling of your name. I’ve gotta come up with a nick name for you![/quote]

Not a problem. Just thought it was funny as I warned you of it only a few hours prior when we were going over the plan to get back on stage.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]veaderko wrote:

Welcome to the site, your transformation pics look great! If you and John are willing I’m sure everyone would appreciate hearing as much of the details as possible.
[/quote]

Thank you! It is without a doubt a pleasure and a privilege to work with John so close. I have never felt better both physically and mentally. As faras details go I will leave that up to John to disclose unless there is a specific question for me. Only he really know the method to the madness. I follow along and learn but in the end, I execute and have determination to be the best I can and hopefully help others along the way.