T Nation

Trans Fat Ban?

So I am beginning to hear rumblings in the New Jersey State Senate about possibly banning trans fats.

Fucking rediculous. People are too fat and lazy to do it themselves, so now the government threatens to do it for them…sometimes I hate this fucking country and the obese assholes in it.

Thoughts?

hmmm maybe we should go on a hunger strike[/lol]

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
So I am beginning to hear rumblings in the New Jersey State Senate about possibly banning trans fats.

Fucking rediculous. People are too fat and lazy to do it themselves, so now the government threatens to do it for them…sometimes I hate this fucking country and the obese assholes in it.

Thoughts?[/quote]

While I tend to agree that most people are fat and lazy, I think this is one case that would require government intervention. I liken it to second hand smoke and banning smoking in public areas (which Indiana just did, thank God); you can’t control what other people put into your food sometimes the same way you can’t control what other people put into your air sometimes.

Should I not be able to eat crackers from a box because none of the manufacturers will make them without trans fats?

That does mean they’re banning fried foods in any form, though, I hope they realize that…

-Dan

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

Thoughts?

While I tend to agree that most people are fat and lazy, I think this is one case that would require government intervention. I liken it to second hand smoke and banning smoking in public areas (which Indiana just did, thank God); you can’t control what other people put into your food sometimes the same way you can’t control what other people put into your air sometimes.

Should I not be able to eat crackers from a box because none of the manufacturers will make them without trans fats?

That does mean they’re banning fried foods in any form, though, I hope they realize that…

-Dan[/quote]

If the market wanted trans fat free crackers, there would be trans fat crackers.
Why should I have to eat a shitty cracker because most people can’t handle portion control. By banning them, you’ve taken my right to eat an ocassional good tasting snack.
And especially hard to take will be the loss of my beloved Oreos.

Most of us here avoid trans fats. If it means only having fried chicken once a month because you know the shit is poison (but you love it), well, that’s up to the person.

Government shouldn’t be legislating this.

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:
-Dan[/quote]

I’m sorry I must have missed the part of the constitution that says "life, liberty, and the pursuit of crackers