Trans Athletes Competition Policy

They say she’s intersex, but that’s where it become an anomaly. Since she was born like that, I dont think it’s fair to classify her as “trans” or male.

1 Like

In powerlifting at least, you can make it so that to hold a record the weight has to be a certain amount. I don’t see an issue in that sport at least. I go to meets with 75 people in them, and have 3 in my division, even though there are about 8 in my weight class.

1 Like

Not for powerlifting. I was thinking more along the lines of high school / collegiate athletics.

1 Like

Intersex is pretty vague. I would say if she has the part of the male reproductive system responsible for testosterone production (testicles), that should be disqualifying for women’s sport. I do not know her biology for a fact though.

If it is her ovaries (or some other female part) that are producing the testosterone, then fair game. If it is a male organ, then I draw the line there.

1 Like

Whats the alternative? Disqualifying her over testicles that she didnt show she had? (If thats the case)

Testosterone is present in both men and women, so who knows what’s causing her body to produce more than the average female. Either way, the cry baby who complained about it was 9 runners behind her, and should be more concerned with her own training than one athlete’s natural biology.

Just like in mens sports, I shouldn’t be forced to take anything to limit my natural testosterone production just because an athlete who placed 8 people behind me can’t keep up

That’s were your seeing it causing issues.my question is what is the criteria of being considered a trans athlete? Is it someone who is in the process of going through the gender reclassification. Or that one simply views themself as the opposite gender?

The only place I see it causing a real issue is in a combat sport like the UFC. There aren’t enough men-to-women in the country to cause a significant problem, imo.

On the flip side, should men on TRT be allowed to compete drug tested. I mean if you are under the limits of the test, should you be allowed to compete drug tested?

Men on TRT aren’t allowed to compete drug tested because exogneous hormones have no place in drug tested sports/divisions. It takes away the natural advantage that higher test men have without exogenous test, and ultimately adds another variable to the mix.

Doesn’t it depend on the organization? I thought some of the PL federations allowed TRT in drug tested. I might be wrong on this. Just what I thought.

Should inhalers be allowed in sports? It takes away the advantage of the people with better lung function?

Yes some Fed’s do but the said lifter is not eligible to set records.

Good questions. Who knows, man.

1 Like

Who is telling you to care about women’s basketball? If they want to be paid the same as men then they need to attract just as many spectators, if they can’t do that then where is their salaries going to come from?

I see absolutely nothing good about it, one way or another.

Yeah, it’s even worse in contact sports.

People like that make this more complicated, but at the same time it’s a rare condition. Should the whole world have to change to accommodate a miniscule minority? I don’t think so. Male genitalia and Y chromosomes have no place in female sports.

According to “gender theory”, gender can be totally fluid and change from one moment to the next. One athlete could compete as male and female in the same competition as long as they feel they are the appropriate gender at the right moment. Any argument to the contrary is pure bigotry.

There is evidence that TRT-level doses of exogenous testosterone provide an advantage over men with the same levels of natural test. That’s why TRT is banned in most drug tested organizations.

1 Like

The men with the same levels don’t actually have the same level except at the time of measurement. The way it is compared is that the man on TRT is measuring in the trough (the lowest testosterone level), and the natural man is testing at his peak in the morning. If we were to compare average levels, the TRT man would have higher average levels, even though the data point shows shows them equal.

Maybe they would want to test peak / average testosterone levels to make it fair.

1 Like

I don’t know how it was tested, that’s just what I heard from several sources. The thing is that there isn’t a good way to regulate it, especially for organizations that don’t test out of competition. You could just show up to the meet with test in the normal range but go full out the rest of the time.

In this situation, as long as you didn’t say anything, you would pass anyways.

I would not do it personally, but these feds have to know that this happens all the time.

How do you figure you would pass? Can’t they test for exogenous testosterone?

They could test your LH or FSH, but I don’t think they do. On exogenous test, your LH and FSH would be near zero.

Not sure what actually goes into the test. I thought in most cases it was just a test on your testosterone levels in relation to a limit (could be wrong though). Obviously other PEDs are tested differently.

Thanks for clearing that up… To be honest did not know what was considered being a tran athlete .

Good God if that is consider the only criteria is based on what you viewed yourself on any given day. Might as well just make all sports coed.

the%20moutain

Wonder if Björnsson had days he felt gender fluid? Could you only imagine? “well im competing against the ladies today”

2 Likes

The USPA rulebook says they test for 1-Testosterone metabolites. WPC has these on their list:
Testosterone (T/epiT ratio greater than 6) Testosterone/Androstendione/Androstendiol/DHEA