Tranformers 3 Trailer

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I really don’t like that Michael Bay got a hold of this movie series, I think Transformers could have been so much better with someone else running the show. Ridley Scott or Tim Burton would have made this untouchable IMO.[/quote]

Tim Burton?

Depressive robots turning into sad, sad cars?

Yeah, he could probably pull that off.[/quote]

Right, because those RC twins in Transformers 2 were a real winner weren’t they. How about something dark and sinister, yea that would suck to see. How about something about the original war on Cybertron, how/what/when/why led the Transformers to Earth (remember, they have been on Earth for many years.)

There is a reoccurring theme with movies that do well, where they establish the basic premise of the movie, then go backwards explaining the development which led the plot to the original movie. Think about Star Wars 4: A New Hope, and how it blew up, to be followed by Empire and Jedi, then the first 3 movies coming afterwards. Very smart idea that Lucas thought of, whether he thought of it intentionally or not.

Burton did the 1989 version of Batman, with Michael Keaton, one of the few Batman movies that didn’t suck donkey balls. I like how he portrayed mysterious, dark, and twisted characters. He tapped in to some what created Batman, the death of his parents, which is something that I think most people liked. I would like to see more about Cybertron, how the shit started, how it evolved.

i cant wait for this to come out… i have heard that my all time favorite Autobot is finally going included in this movie…

I like the conspiracy type aspect with Neil and Buzz (aren’t those the names of the two inner city robots in the second movie?!?) doing a covert mission.
I believe that there actually was a 4 hour delay from the Eagle landing and Neil taking his first step, ostensibly so that he’d take his first steps on Sunday evening when more Americans could be watching. Cute to use it as time he used to search for robots!

And the second movie was so nutty that even 7 year-old Asian boys here in Taiwan told me it had too many robots fighting! You know it must be bad!

So they’re bringing Frank Welker (voice of Megatron back in the day) to voice Soundwave. That seems wrong somehow.

Silverbolt’s in. That’s good news. We got a Nascar team, Sentinal Prime, and maybe even Wheeljack.

Megatron’s back, Soundwave’s in, and so is Shockwave.

I’m gonna see it. But I’m a dork, so take that as you will.

Transformers 2 sucked, hopefully this doesn’t.

i believe that the Ferrari 458 Italia will be playing the roll of Hot Rod… but that has not been confirmed, but there defiantly is a Ferrari 458 Italia in the movie and it is red… I hope it’s Hot Rod

You mean there wasn’t originally supposed to be one in the movie but Bay put one in there in a rebellious manner?!?

[quote]giterdone wrote:

[quote]Daygon wrote:
They killed her off in the first 10 minutes, if I remember correctly.[/quote]

Awesome. Should have done it in 5.[/quote]

Agreed, shit actress.

[quote]Bam_Bam wrote:
i believe that the Ferrari 458 Italia will be playing the roll of Hot Rod… but that has not been confirmed, but there defiantly is a Ferrari 458 Italia in the movie and it is red… I hope it’s Hot Rod [/quote]

They better not try and re-make this song for the movie:

I personally wish James Cameron would have been in charge of these movies instead of Michael Bay. I’m sure I’ll watch this movie at some point in time I’m just not sure if I’ll spend any more money seeing them in theaters.

[quote]attydeb2005 wrote:
A 2 minute trailer has me totally hooked. Can’t wait to see the movie![/quote]

x2.

We see a glimpse of a robot with gold and steel metalwork. Can’t help thinking how much it looks like Unicron from the Transformers cartoon movie (1986). Of course Unicron was a planet sized and obviously doesn’t make sense. But the cartoon movie did make reference to the Matrix of Leadership and the death of Optimus (both which occurred in Transformers 2) so maybe this is Unicron.

As for using any other director other than Michael Bay then yes the film would be cast completely differently. I doubt a super(?)model would be cast in the role of leading lady under any other worthy director.

Some of you guys are ridiculously harsh. The first movie was great. I left it feeling like they did a great job of bringing something I grew up with to the big screen. Hearing Optimus sound like he did back then was like being 8 years old.

Yeah, the second one was nowhere near the same level and most of that was because of the BULLSHIT love interest story line and just way overdoing the special effects. These are cars. There should be one huge epic chase scene in every fucking movie…and no one cares whether Labuff falls in love. Keep the ass, but ditch the talk.

I’ll go see this because I am going to assume they can ;earn from their mistakes. I don’t think Michael Bay has ever had bad intentions. He doesn’t seem like the type of director to do something JUST for the pay check, even if his stuff can be overly stylized and lacking in substance.

But then, how much substance do you really want in a movie like this?

[quote]Bam_Bam wrote:
i believe that the Ferrari 458 Italia will be playing the roll of Hot Rod… but that has not been confirmed, but there defiantly is a Ferrari 458 Italia in the movie and it is red… I hope it’s Hot Rod [/quote]

If Hot Rod is in this movie I may have to go to my first midnight movie screening.

And to the people who don’t like Michael Bay directing these movies, blame Steven Spielberg because he hired Bay to direct them.

Enough substance to make me not pissed off; which Transformers 2 did, Transformers 1 didn’t.

I think this movie will be much better than the 2nd though. The trailer didn’t tell me shit but I don’t care, it looks like it is going to be awesome.

Moar John Turturro less Labuff makeout scenes

amirite guyzzz?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Moar John Turturro less Labuff makeout scenes

amirite guyzzz?[/quote]

Agreed - no one fucks with the Jesus.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Some of you guys are ridiculously harsh. The first movie was great. I left it feeling like they did a great job of bringing something I grew up with to the big screen. Hearing Optimus sound like he did back then was like being 8 years old.

Yeah, the second one was nowhere near the same level and most of that was because of the BULLSHIT love interest story line and just way overdoing the special effects. These are cars. There should be one huge epic chase scene in every fucking movie…and no one cares whether Labuff falls in love. Keep the ass, but ditch the talk.

I’ll go see this because I am going to assume they can ;earn from their mistakes. I don’t think Michael Bay has ever had bad intentions. He doesn’t seem like the type of director to do something JUST for the pay check, even if his stuff can be overly stylized and lacking in substance.

But then, how much substance do you really want in a movie like this?[/quote]

The fight scenes in Part 2 were awesome, I saw the movie again on HBO the other day and it’s amazing the number of fights they packed in there, I even missed a couple watching it the first time. I think the “love story” wasn’t overdone, the action in the movie overrides it. I also can’t stand Megan Fox, I mean she looks hot, great tatts but I just don’t like her.

You’re right we don’t need too much substance in a movie about childhood cherished possessions - I mean if you want robots with substance, go read Asimov but make a movie with enough explosions so I can relive the enjoyment of childhood.

Goes to line up at the ticket queue

Malkovich in Transformers 3; wtf?

Trans 1 was good, 2 sucked. New issue of GQ (Capt America on cover) says that they had worked on 2 for 2 weeks when the writers strike happened, that’s why it sucked. Maybe, IDK.

Did I mention Malkovich?

Wait, so Megan Fox IS in this movie but is killed off in the first 10 minutes?

Her face is hot. Body sucks.

I’m sick of the one liners as well. Hope they don’t pepper the 3rd one with that garbage.

WHY does this shit have to be in 3D? I hope they have it in “2D.” 3D gives me a headache.

Anyone remember the blonde Aussie hacker chick in the first one? She was a cutie.

Nah she won’t be shown. In the movie universe she (Fox’s character) leaves Sam (between the 2nd and 3rd movie). Apparently Sam has just left college and is working in the real world. His new love interest is some super hot and rich chick. From a clip of the movie I caught on Letterman it looks like Sam is a bit frustrated at his life, disliking his job and feeling like he is some kind of boy toy to this new chick.

I also read that Fox was fired because of some comments she made about Michael Bay being an asshole to work with and she apparently compared him to Hitler. Thing is Bay didn’t care, he disliked her because she was an idiot overall but it was Spielberg, one of the producers of the franchise that told Bay she had to go.