Trainwreck Now but Watch I Will Prove All Wrong

Cardio day

45 min on bike at 83-86 rpm. Heart rate 118-120 . Calories burned 253 - distance 9.04 miles

Anyone reading this ??? LOL

Whether people are reading it or not, keep it up and achieve your goals! Btw, you can see how many people have read this by the activity tracker when you click into the training logs forum (272 people have read it btw, not that that fact should affect your training). Keep up the efforts. It’s not a race, but a journey.

Diet: I’d switch out all bread/pasts for beans (or even something else like quinoa). Beans are just as cheap if you buy a bag of bulk beans and they’re 100X better for you and are 100 times a better choice for bodybuilding purposes IMO. I personally am cutting as well and while I don’t eat beans very much, I also don’t eat any sources of wheat flour.

[quote]BulletproofTiger wrote:
Whether people are reading it or not, keep it up and achieve your goals! Btw, you can see how many people have read this by the activity tracker when you click into the training logs forum (272 people have read it btw, not that that fact should affect your training). Keep up the efforts. It’s not a race, but a journey.

Diet: I’d switch out all bread/pasts for beans (or even something else like quinoa). Beans are just as cheap if you buy a bag of bulk beans and they’re 100X better for you and are 100 times a better choice for bodybuilding purposes IMO. I personally am cutting as well and while I don’t eat beans very much, I also don’t eat any sources of wheat flour.[/quote]

Hey thanks for the advice and def will switch those out. Thanks for the tip on who’s reading today was feeling kinda blah so needed some encouragement that i wasnt just logging and no one is doing a thing. any tips on what type of beans? thanks and appreciate u stopping in

[quote]newbie2bb wrote:

Diet: I’d switch out all bread/pasts for beans (or even something else like quinoa). Beans are just as cheap if you buy a bag of bulk beans and they’re 100X better for you and are 100 times a better choice for bodybuilding purposes IMO. I personally am cutting as well and while I don’t eat beans very much, I also don’t eat any sources of wheat flour.[/quote]

Hey thanks for the advice and def will switch those out. Thanks for the tip on who’s reading today was feeling kinda blah so needed some encouragement that i wasnt just logging and no one is doing a thing. any tips on what type of beans? thanks and appreciate u stopping in[/quote]

Whichever ones you’ll eat! Haha. Any bean is better than bread. It’s best to buy them in bulk if you are looking to save money (like a 25# bag). I’d see what big bags they have, then instead of buying it, do a sample run with a few cans of that bean. Then if you like the flavor after eating the cans, you can go with the big bag. Honestly most beans are pretty similar in nutrition. Some have a little less fiber, and obviously black beans have some antioxidant stuff that white beans don’t have but it’s really nothing to fuss over. Just don’t get beans that have sauce in them, especially avoid baked beans due to the added sugar. I can eat a cup of beans with nothing more on it than garlic salt and a little olive oil. It’s up to you really. Just make sure it fits into your diet plan. No offense with my next suggestion, but I wanna help you out. It sounds like you need to read a little bit of the nutrition stuff on the beginners forum. Reading and learning can really help you out with your goals. When you get to the point where you can give people advice, then you will likely be pretty lean at that point!

Legs and shoulders

Leg Extention
3x15=70 pounds (go up)

Lying leg curl
3x15=70 pounds (go up)

Leg Press (found out sleigh weights 75 pounds not added into weight)
3x135 pounds (go up)

Dumbbell lunges
3x15=10 pounds (go up)

Side lat raises
3x15=10 pounds (go up)

Seated bent over
3x15=10 pounds (go up)

Seated Military Press
3x50 pounds (go up)

Barbell Shrug
3x15=70 pounds (go up)

Good workout. Thanks all who peek at this log!! and write responses of encouragement or tips . I appreciate it . today i needed it. I was kinda feeling down and then i was all good (grasshopper gets that way). But I am def on a roll.
This weekend will be hard to get into the gym. Due to bus restraints and also fact that snow is coming and hard for me to walk in the snow. Sometimes i do it but we are suppose to get heavy storms. but i will do my best. thinking of doing weekends off . do all my work mon thru friday …3 weight days 2 cardio days at least 45 min…how that sound? does that scream progress or should i add cardio 2 days i am off ?

[quote]newbie2bb wrote:

Hey thanks for the advice and def will switch those out. Thanks for the tip on who’s reading today was feeling kinda blah so needed some encouragement that i wasnt just logging and no one is doing a thing. any tips on what type of beans? thanks and appreciate u stopping in[/quote]

Whichever ones you’ll eat! Haha. Any bean is better than bread. It’s best to buy them in bulk if you are looking to save money (like a 25# bag). I’d see what big bags they have, then instead of buying it, do a sample run with a few cans of that bean. Then if you like the flavor after eating the cans, you can go with the big bag. Honestly most beans are pretty similar in nutrition. Some have a little less fiber, and obviously black beans have some antioxidant stuff that white beans don’t have but it’s really nothing to fuss over. Just don’t get beans that have sauce in them, especially avoid baked beans due to the added sugar. I can eat a cup of beans with nothing more on it than garlic salt and a little olive oil. It’s up to you really. Just make sure it fits into your diet plan. No offense with my next suggestion, but I wanna help you out. It sounds like you need to read a little bit of the nutrition stuff on the beginners forum. Reading and learning can really help you out with your goals. When you get to the point where you can give people advice, then you will likely be pretty lean at that point![/quote]

hey thanks for the advice and will read all about the nutrition and shoot no offense taken and u can even be coarse with me …shyt i need it . I am a mere grasshopper and i leave my ego at the door. I know when to tap out :)…now if u had a chess board and also wanted to talk about networking computers and computer issues and internet issues i out muscle u there !!! but here i am a mere learner …so anything u throw at me i will soak up and learn!!

not to mention dont wanna run away the one for sure reader i have lol

Chest and Tri

Incline dumbbell fly
3x15= 25 pounds (go up)

Incline dumbbell press
1x15=30 pounds
1x11=30 pounds
1x11=30 pounds (stay)

Butterfly (machine “cybex”)
3x15=45 pounds (go up)

Bench press Dumbbell
3x15=30 pounds (go up)

Tricep pushdown-rope attachment
3x15=40 pounds (go up)

Standing Overhead Barbell Tricep Extention
1x15=40 pounds
1x11=40 pounds
1x9=40 pounds (stay)

Dips (assisted with machine)
1x12= assisted at 40 pounds
1x8= assisted at 40 pounds
1x6=assisted at 40 pounds (stay)

Good workout coming to the max’s on machines so gettin tougher. But at least training hard. going to look at revamping all my diet (at least on paper for now and then buying on friday --paycheck day. Should be fun. Going internet shopping today for lowest prices. anyone wanna PM me for good sites

thanks!!!
cardio tomorrow

Back and bi

Wide grip lat pulldown
3x15=70 pounds (go up --max next round )

Underhand cable pulldown
2x15=60 pounds
1x12=60 pounds (stay )

Seated cable row
1x15=60 pounds
1x10=60 pounds
1x7=60 pounds (stay)

Hyperextention back extention
3x15=10 pounds (go up)

Standing bicep curl (with cable )
3x15=50 pounds (go up)

Preacher curl cybex machine
2x15= 40 pounds

1x12=40 pounds (stay)

Dumbbell Alternate bi curl standing
2x15=20 pounds

1x10=20 (stay )

great workout …however this week coming close to max’s next week will hit most of them so will see how that goes. only room to grow . woot woot

i know this sounds very dumb but macros

P-40%
C-40%
F-20%

is that right ?

also where do u log ur food intake at . u can pm me

where can u find the maintance calories or the math of it . so many diffrent versions out there

lastly …i cant sleep …best sleeper pilll or thing to do?

The workouts:
Will be going to the gym to lift on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of every week, alternating Workouts A and B (so first week will be A, B, A, second week will be B, A, B, and so on). The workouts will be as follows:

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift
**2x8 Dips

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Bent Rows
**2x8 Chin-ups

The goal is to do the same weight for all the worksets within the workout, and then if I can get all my reps in, to increase the weight for the next workout. So, if on monday I do workout A and do 3 sets of 5 reps of 110 pounds, and get all the reps in, then I can go ahead and maybe do 115 the next workout. If I can’t get all the reps in, then I should probably do the same weight the next workout. If I hit a wall for many weeks in a row, where I’m stuck on a particular weight, then I can go back 2-3 weeks and restart from there. If I keep hitting a wall, for all my exercises, then that would probably signal an “end” to this program

supps timing

5:30- wake up - 1-2 OEP
6:00- 2-3 Powerfull, 2 Prime
6:15- begin sipping a BCAA powder (Purple wraath, Xtend, for examples)
6:40- workout, sipping BCAA’s throughout
7:40- Finish BCAA’s , may also have a whey shake here
8:30- Breakfast
11:30- Lunch - 2 Prime
2:00 - 1 OEP
2:30- Snack
5:30- Dinner - 2 Prime
8:30 - last snack/meal
9:30 - 2 Powerfull
10:00 - sleep
also adding in fish oil and vitamin c and multivitamin no iron.

max’s
bench :130 pounds
squats:155 pounds
deadlifts:160 pounds

Diet
Upcoming

Pics/stats:

Pics posted a few posts back
stats:
height – 5’7
weight–170 pounds
bf — estimate 20-22% (if u can guess for me great)

cardio
Steady state for 20 min after workout

goal

Lose bodyfat while gaining muscle . want to at least shed down to 12 pecent bodyfat

Workout A

3x5 Squat
warm up:
1x10= bar (45 pounds)
1x10= 95 pounds
work set:
3x5=110 pounds (go up)

3x5 Bench Press
warm up:
1x10=bar (45 pounds)
1x10=80 pounds
work set:
3x5=100 (go up)

1x5 Deadlift
warm up:
1x10=bar (45 pounds)
1x10=95 pounds
work sets:
1x5=110 pounds (go up)

2x8 Dips
2x8= assisted machine @40 pounds all 8 done (less assisted next time)

Cardio:
20 min on treadmill afterworkout speed of 4.5 and incline 1.0 . 1.50 miles at heart rate of 177-180 (fasted heart rate ever ).

Feelings with supps:
Wow can i say i aint that morning person however . the OEP i was extremely focused and yes i took 2 caps. I know eagar but i handle theromgetics decents so figured why not. Now i felt it kick in about 20 mins . Def made me sweat but thats a good thing . Had jitters for a little bit maybe 20 mins (if that ) but then leveled out . Could feel heat in body and ramped up body. Now during cardio i did almost feel like i was going to puke but that lasted 10 min then i just pushed thru it. and got done with it . But def was focused and alert !!

rest day tomorrow . not sure if going to do cardio cause i want to save myself but will take opinions if i should

Cardio day (treadmill)

duration : 20 min
incline : 1.0
speed:4.5
miles :1.45

Taking it tad easy so i dont wear myself on weightlifting days but still wanted to do steady state cardio. also 2 pills def made me sweat like a pig. even i was like um eww.

Supps effects:
Oxyelite pro-- def can tell diffrence between 2 pills vs 1.
2 pills equals inferno . nause feeling went away today. also
extremely focus in 30 min
1 pill- no Spike but can tell alert but not way bad
Also another perk no crash effects that i could tell . so big plus

Prime and powerfull – not sure if can tell to early . I am sure in a
week wil think diffrent
diet is good as well posting later tonight .

this my diet layed out by another website . Do i need to add …cut back…anything or suggestions … I could lay out in time frame but figured this would be easier . any input gladly accepted . goal lose weight and build muscle but trying to get lower bf

this my diet layed out by another website . Do i need to add …cut back…anything or suggestions … I could lay out in time frame but figured this would be easier . any input gladly accepted . goal lose weight and build muscle but trying to get lower bf
currently at 20% wanting 12-15% or lower

this my diet layed out by another website . Do i need to add …cut back…anything or suggestions … I could lay out in time frame but figured this would be easier . any input gladly accepted . goal lose weight and build muscle but trying to get lower bf (current 20% trying for 12-15%)

your body needs at least 80 grams of fat per day in order to have a functioning endocrine system. Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION they mention it in this article

so don’t be afraid to use some olive oil, or make stuff with avocados,cheese, salmon, flax seed, whatever u like. Also, eat more veggies, especially fresh, not canned ones.

[quote]archiewhittaker wrote:
your body needs at least 80 grams of fat per day in order to have a functioning endocrine system. Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION they mention it in this article

so don’t be afraid to use some olive oil, or make stuff with avocados,cheese, salmon, flax seed, whatever u like. Also, eat more veggies, especially fresh, not canned ones.

[/quote]

excellent thank u will add couple more shots of olive oil!!! and will buy some flaxseed too !! thanks and

"Make it so number 1 "

3x5 Squat
warm up:
1x10=45 pounds
1x10=95 pounds
work set:
3x120 pounds (go up)

3x5 Standing military press
warm up:
1x10=45 pounds
1x10=65 pounds
work set:
3x75 pounds (go up)

3x5 Bent Rows
warm up:
1x10=45 pounds
1x10=65 pounds
work set:
3x70 pounds (go up)

**2x8 Chin-ups
1x8
1x5

Nice workout however Chins was horrible guess starting at foundation was the best move for me. Also weights were good . Military press and bent rows was kinda 80% of max so will go up slower but still progression is the key for me even if 2.5 pounds.

Today was a nice day a guy stopped me and asked what i been doing cause i am lookng bigger and stocky and then made sure he was like not fat wise lol but still felt good.

Off early today so going to just hang around house and catch up dexter. thats the plus about doing Workout in am …now i got me time :slight_smile: (cuts down my lazyness and excuses for not making it to gym )

Took rest day today . since lifted heavy yesterday . I also think rather than doing alot of cardio on off days i am just going to do 20 min after weights so i have a full day recovery since i am doing heavy compound movements.
Also DOM’s are little to none being i been doing supps . I believe its the powerfull i am doing and also the corrrect macro’s in diet . but i feel that i can lift and recover faster .

I think you made a good decision switching to compound lifts. You are not at the point of needing lateral raises, and butterfly chest machines.

Keep you lifts simple and hard. Squat, bench, deadlift. Bent over rows, pull/chin ups. I am not going to give diet advice as I’m horrible at it but there are TONS of good articles on this site with different outlines. Pick one that you think will work with your lifestyle and stay with it. You can do it if you want it bad enough, best of luck.