Training with Weak Right Hand

5 years ago I broke my left hand (fracture on 5. metacarp). Back then I had just started training (for the first time ever) and had been doing so for like 9 monts, but stopped after my broken hand…

I just started my training again 3 months ago - a simple program based on the big lifts, (squat, deadlift, bench, bent over row, pull ups and military press) and it worked fine, so did my hand…

BUT - my hand just started hurting again after a tough series of squats…

So what training can I do, while I give my hand some rest? Seems like all the above excercises are out of the picture…

Check your squat form. The weight of the bar should be on your back, not carried by your hands or wrists.

Thanks for the input, grippit. I’ve thought about that myself - my wrists shouldn’t be strained so I will focus on it next time.

However, isn’t it normal when squatting, that you also “press” with your arms/hands when the squat gets tough? Example, I also squeeze the grips in the leg press…

[quote]Kongsfelt wrote:
5 years ago I broke my left hand (fracture on 5. metacarp). Back then I had just started training (for the first time ever) and had been doing so for like 9 monts, but stopped after my broken hand…

I just started my training again 3 months ago - a simple program based on the big lifts, (squat, deadlift, bench, bent over row, pull ups and military press) and it worked fine, so did my hand…

BUT - my hand just started hurting again after a tough series of squats…

So what training can I do, while I give my hand some rest? Seems like all the above excercises are out of the picture…[/quote]

Front squats/anything pain free