Training with Tattoo

Hey guys im getting a half sleeve forearm tattoo tommorow and was wondering how long i should take off training. And what exercizes i can do like bench,squat,deadlifts, overhead press etc and when. Thanks

You don’t need to take any time off,.

Assuming youve got your initial wrapping off, you’re letting it breathe while training, you’re not in water, you’re not sweating so much that you may as well be in water and you’re not doing anything like leg press with a back tattoo/other types of rubbing.

If in doubt, call up your tattooist

1 Like

so i can go straight into bench deadlight and rows. It wont be bad for the forearm tat?

as long as nothing is rubbing against the tattoo, you should be 100% good to go. If you truly sweat like crazy, maybe bring a towel to dab off sweat every once in a while, but I wouldn’t worry about it.

okay thanks

what kind of tat? Band logo? Music related? IS IT HEAVY METAL RELATED

I wish I could get a tat, but I’m jewish (not religious, modern orthodox), but my family would disown me…

You get tattoos for you. Not for other people.

-a tatted up Jew

2 Likes

Is a family who isn’t into tattoos really worth having?

If it makes you feel better, most people who have tattoos regret getting it/them 5 years down the line.

2 Likes

The deadlifts might hurt it. When I deadlift I always end up with red marks on my forearms from them rubbing my sides. If you’ve never experienced that then you’ll be fine. The only thing you really have to worry about is keeping it moisturized and clean.

I always take off a week or a week and a half from doing my normal training shit. If you’re not competing, who cares about taking a few days off to let a tattoo heal?