Training with Ropes

As part of an overall conditioning tool?

I have had good feedback about this. Never tried it but would certainly think it is worth having a go.

I’ve used them, Shihan Charlie is a certified instructor under John Brookfield. Depending on the size rope, they’re good for developing grip strength, and overall strength endurance.

I was going to call you a dumbass as I thought you were talking about jumping/skipping rope, and that is was a no-brainer for conditioning, then I saw the video…

I guess I’m the dumbass.

artofstrength.com sells ropes and also gives free detailed videos of a lot of the exercises you can do. I’ve always wanted to try them, but lugging around a 50 foot, 2 inch diameter rope might be a hassle. If you decide to try them, keep us posted.

[quote]fnf wrote:
artofstrength.com sells ropes and also gives free detailed videos of a lot of the exercises you can do. I’ve always wanted to try them, but lugging around a 50 foot, 2 inch diameter rope might be a hassle. If you decide to try them, keep us posted.

[/quote]

Thanks for the tip! I’d like to try them. The grip strength would be phenomenal. Going to incorporate training with hammers too.

I plan on getting some to use in my training. I’ll have 2 for climbing, and 2 for doing the types of drills in the video.

[quote]Steve-O-68 wrote:
I plan on getting some to use in my training. I’ll have 2 for climbing, and 2 for doing the types of drills in the video. [/quote]

For doing the waves on the video, you only need one rope. You just tie it around something. But you can use different ropes of different lengths to go from harder to easier in a circuit.

Those things can cost between $150 and $400 depending on the length, diameter and quality of rope.

damn for that price…fuck that lol.

Poeple for years and years have been donig all sorts of conditioning OTHER than that…it’s just variety I think. Not neccessary at all…for grip strength there’s countless other things to do.

Pass.

if you really want a workout, use heavy chain instead of rope. ive done it a few times, and its hell

Rope pulls or climbs will make your grip tremendous.
the waves, pump your forearms til they burn.

its a great way to get some conditioning into the grip and pull muscles,

beginners hands/grip/forearms always give out.

[quote]decoffeen wrote:
if you really want a workout, use heavy chain instead of rope. ive done it a few times, and its hell[/quote]
I would assume chains are much more expensive.

Looks intense. If I had thick ropes I’d tie them to a tree and train in my yard, if I had a yard.

Go to local Com-ed plant/hub and ask for their old ropes. I have 5 rope lengths from 50-100 ft for free from a client who works there as a lineman.

hook the rope around a car and pull hand over hand.
Throw it over a bar and do pullups.
Jump rope with 2 inch rope is brutal.

List goes on these are just a few.

Real cheap (free) just know where to ask for them.