From what I’ve gathered over the years, you seem to have successfully dealt with elbow issues. I suffered from a severe case of medial epicondylitis 5 years ago in which various treatments and about a year off from heavy training finally allowed me to lift again without pain.
Unfortunately, I am experiencing another severe flare-up that I can’t seem to shake and I was wondering if you had any additional thoughts or tips on how to train through elbow issues. Here’s my current strategy:
- Weekly ART and Graston sessions
- Daily Voodoo band flossing
- Ice after workouts
- Sleep with a Castor Oil wrap (for those that haven’t tried, it’s eerily effective)
Supplementation for Inflammation:
- Flameout (4-6 daily)
- Curcumin (4-8 dailiy)
Modified layer approach
4 day splits: Bench Press, Squat, Overhead, Deadlift and back
- Reducing frequency to 2 days on 1 day off
- Higher rep ranges (6-10) with appropriate weight (60-80%)
- Choosing exercises that minimize or eliminate pain
I’ve found in particular that lat training is difficult. I’m focusing on face pulls for my back workout with only machine pull-overs and Meadow rows as I can execute them pain free.
Pain hasn’t gotten worse but hasn’t significantly improved. One misstep causes a flare-up.
- In your opinion, can you successfully train through bouts of elbow tendinitis?
- Any modifications to my current approach
Any advice from the broader forum is appreciated as well.