Training With Ed Coan

Who’s Ed Coan?

thats amazing man, cant wait to get a report :slight_smile:

i need the name of this town, and gyms address, i feel like moving.

damn you.

[quote]ndiddy85 wrote:
Does he still train at Quads in Lakeview? Just wondering cause I’ve trained there for the past 2 years and I don’t think I’ve ever seen him, just curious.[/quote]

He trains at the one in Calumet City. That’s the one I went to. The owner said that he’s there every day except Sunday. He’s there on the weekdays from about 8-11 in the morning and he trains at 8:30 on Saturdays. Not sure about the rest of his schedule. The owner also said that he had hip replacement surgery about four months ago and he’s already back squatting over 6. The man is an animal.

CS

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[quote]ndiddy85 wrote:
Does he still train at Quads in Lakeview? Just wondering cause I’ve trained there for the past 2 years and I don’t think I’ve ever seen him, just curious.[/quote]

He trains at the one in Calumet City. That’s the one I went to. The owner said that he’s there every day except Sunday. He’s there on the weekdays from about 8-11 in the morning and he trains at 8:30 on Saturdays. Not sure about the rest of his schedule. The owner also said that he had hip replacement surgery about four months ago and he’s already back squatting over 6. The man is an animal.

CS[/quote]

Well that explains why I’ve never seen him, I know he used to train at Quads Lakeview back in the day.

This is awesome!

I might get to meet him soon too. This guy I became friends with recently knows him pretty well. He drives out there every now and then and trains with him and told me I should come with next time. I’m in Northwest Indiana. We should coordinate CS so we workout at the same time. It would be nice to meet another tnation user in person lol.

[quote]Ghost16 wrote:
This is awesome!

I might get to meet him soon too. This guy I became friends with recently knows him pretty well. He drives out there every now and then and trains with him and told me I should come with next time. I’m in Northwest Indiana. We should coordinate CS so we workout at the same time. It would be nice to meet another tnation user in person lol.

[/quote]

Haha sure, man. If my “audition” goes well on Saturday and he invites me back, then we should definitely work something out.

CS

Dude just show him you love to train and you’re willing to listen and I’m sure you’ll do fine.

[quote]Ghost16 wrote:
Dude just show him you love to train and you’re willing to listen and I’m sure you’ll do fine.[/quote]

That’s what I plan on doing. I may not be the strongest guy around, but man, I have heart and commitment like no other.

CS

Very cool. Have fun.

Ed’s a really nice guy. I’ve never trained with him but I talk to him every now and again. Ask him to show you his switch blade lol. He put one of my training partners in a headlock once. Good times.

Oh, and you can ask him where he and his guys were when we were moving our gym last week, because he said he’d help. Jerk :slight_smile:

[quote]d0m wrote:
Ed’s a really nice guy. I’ve never trained with him but I talk to him every now and again. Ask him to show you his switch blade lol. He put one of my training partners in a headlock once. Good times.

Oh, and you can ask him where he and his guys were when we were moving our gym last week, because he said he’d help. Jerk :)[/quote]

He carries a switchblade with him?

I went to Quads about 2 weeks ago with my training partners because our gym was in the process of being moved. We saw him there and stopped to chat at the front desk. He whips out his big black knife and goes “hey guys check this thing out”. He was telling us how sharp it was and shit like that. Quads isn’t in the nicest of areas so it kinda makes sense.

[quote]d0m wrote:
I went to Quads about 2 weeks ago with my training partners because our gym was in the process of being moved. We saw him there and stopped to chat at the front desk. He whips out his big black knife and goes “hey guys check this thing out”. He was telling us how sharp it was and shit like that. Quads isn’t in the nicest of areas so it kinda makes sense.[/quote]

Haha, agreed. The drive was horrendous. The streets are tight as a virgin.

CS

He’s a cool guy. I hung out in the hotel hot tub with him (and a few other lifters) a few years back at the fit expo in LA.

I never got to train with him, though. That’d be pretty fuckin’ sweet.

MAD JELLY.
Make the most of this dude, this is like everyone’s dream.

Cool

Ed Coan always seems so docile in videos I have a hard time picturing him with a huge ass knife lol.

I’m texting him now that you are acting like a complete bitch on the net and he should kick your ass out before you even start!

Just kidding. He’s a great guy, best of luck in your training with him. I recommend you shut your mouth, open your ears, and be present. Spot, load, do whaterver. Make sure you are a worthy part of the group. I know it’s hard, but try not to act like a fan. Have fun.

Man, that’s pretty awesome. Especially with him being so subtle and everything. No Facebook, no Twitter, etc.

I thought knowing Mike Tyson, and getting to hang out with him from time to time was cool. You might have just tied me.