Training with Chronic Fatigue?

Sorry for the delay, lots of real life shit going on.

Glucose 85
Sodium 143
Potassium 4.4
Chloride 107
Total CO2 29
Anton gap 7.0
BUN 19
Creatine 1.23
BUN creatine ratio 15.4
Calcium 9.0
Total Bilirubin 0.2
ALT 42
ALK Phosphate 112
Total Protein 7.5
Albumin 4.0

WBC 6.1
RBC 5.22
Hemoglobin 16.2
Hematocrit 46.5
MCV 89.0
MCH 31.0
MCHC 34.8
RDW 12.6
Platelet count 276
MPV 9.4
Neutrophils 61.2
Lymchocytes 25.8
Monocytes 10.1
Bosinphils 2.3
Basophils 0.6

Pretty much I feel like I’m wasteing away at this point. I have less energy and motivation every time I go to the gym. I’m eating healthier than I ever have to be honest, but I feel like I’m putting on fat, and losing muscle. The only junk food I really eat is frozen pizza and greek yogurt, and on top of lifting I have a job where I have to do heavy lifting and am on my feet running around the entire shift.

I’m sure most of you get the same feeling I used to get, when your groove on a lift is good and your body and mind WANT to grind out more reps because it feels good, and it feels right. I feel awkward as a black man at a KKK rally when I’m lifting. The squats, the bench presses, they all feel wrong and awkward while I do them.

I feel like every workout is just trying to maintain what I have. My cycle before this one was actually pretty good, but this one I keep getting shot down, I’m consecutively weaker in both of my last squat days then I was previously.

My left oblique area is still bothering me when I exert myself, I felt like puking for like 30 minutes after todays workout. I often have migranes after lifting.

I’ve been thinking about starting to do more high rep stuff to work on form, and hope thats something that I can do in the meatime to help me learn how to strain better and push through the fatigue.

I just cant fathom why I’m getting fatter when My dietarty staples are:

Sirloin tip steak
Chicken breasts
whole wheat bread
peanut butter
Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Breakfast Sausage
Turkey bacon
Spring mix (salad blend)
Brocolli
G2 (diet gatorade pretty much)
Protein shakes
eggs

with like 2-3 normal people meals a weak.

I also have pretty much stopped consuming any caffiene since I moved out. I’ll be back on my Coffee tomorrow when school starts back up

My Nurse practitioner is going to run a better panel the next time I return to my hometown. She talked to some Doctors about me, and they gave her some suggestions

Your values are within normal ranges.

Maybe she can order TSH, vitamin d, cortisol and free/total testosterone bloodwork.

Good luck my man.

[quote]test driven wrote:

Maybe she can order TSH, vitamin d, cortisol and free/total testosterone bloodwork.

Good luck my man.

[/quote]

Hey I appreciate it. Yeah, the next time I end up at home she said she has a better pannel for me. Any suggestions are appreciated. HolyMac suggested an energy supp, but due to hour cuts at work I cant afford it immediately. I’m a produce worker at a grocery store (A lot more intense then you would believe) but I’m being trained for deli and meat department. I really enjoy working produce. I dont really enjoy the other departments, but I need the hours. I’ve learned a lot about cooking new types of meat, and what to buy for cost effective delicious cuisine from some of the meatcutters.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:

Good luck my man.

[/quote]

Hey I appreciate it. Yeah, the next time I end up at home she said she has a better pannel for me. Any suggestions are appreciated. HolyMac suggested an energy supp, but due to hour cuts at work I cant afford it immediately. I’m a produce worker at a grocery store (A lot more intense then you would believe) but I’m being trained for deli and meat department. I really enjoy working produce. I dont really enjoy the other departments, but I need the hours. I’ve learned a lot about cooking new types of meat, and what to buy for cost effective delicious cuisine from some of the meatcutters.[/quote]

I used to be the wrapper for a roundys store in WI. You employed at copps, pick’n’save, pig or festival? We would let the meat that we would buy sit on the bottom of the pile for awhile and age since that’s what makes a better quality taste. We wouldn’t buy that Mexican BNLS crap that feels like your cutting through rubber and looks entirely different to a trained eye. (does it still come in blue bins?) When you want tasty meat but its not a good sale just put enough really good cuts of meat out in the display case so that it goes past date since no one buys $20.00/lb tenderloin and when your supposed to throw it out sneak it into those space bags that keep food at temperature for 3 hours in your locker. Make sure you figure out the blind spots so you can do so away from the camera. Get a butcher in on your scheme and enjoy your steak filled diet

Pretty much I feel like I’m wasteing away at this point. I have less energy and motivation every time I go to the gym. I’m eating healthier than I ever have to be honest, but I feel like I’m putting on fat, and losing muscle. [/quote]

i’m right there with you man. it sucks, not much else to say. i’ve had hypothyroidism for the last 2 years, eating clean, lifting consistently with only slight increases in strength

i would get more blood work ASAP… seriously! have your general practitioner fax the script to an office near you

some tests to get done:
-total test
-free test
-SHBG
-E2

-TSH
-total t4
-free t4
-total t3
-free t3
-AM cortisol

also a Diurnal Cortisol Kit would be a good idea. not cheap but your insurance might reimburse you or you could have your GP write a script for it bc lab corp and quest diagnostics both offer it

http://www.canaryclub.org/index.php?Itemid=167

[quote]ElevenMag wrote:

Good luck my man.

[/quote]

Hey I appreciate it. Yeah, the next time I end up at home she said she has a better pannel for me. Any suggestions are appreciated. HolyMac suggested an energy supp, but due to hour cuts at work I cant afford it immediately. I’m a produce worker at a grocery store (A lot more intense then you would believe) but I’m being trained for deli and meat department. I really enjoy working produce. I dont really enjoy the other departments, but I need the hours. I’ve learned a lot about cooking new types of meat, and what to buy for cost effective delicious cuisine from some of the meatcutters.[/quote]

I used to be the wrapper for a roundys store in WI. You employed at copps, pick’n’save, pig or festival? We would let the meat that we would buy sit on the bottom of the pile for awhile and age since that’s what makes a better quality taste. We wouldn’t buy that Mexican BNLS crap that feels like your cutting through rubber and looks entirely different to a trained eye. (does it still come in blue bins?) When you want tasty meat but its not a good sale just put enough really good cuts of meat out in the display case so that it goes past date since no one buys $20.00/lb tenderloin and when your supposed to throw it out sneak it into those space bags that keep food at temperature for 3 hours in your locker. Make sure you figure out the blind spots so you can do so away from the camera. Get a butcher in on your scheme and enjoy your steak filled diet[/quote]

I worked at both pick n saves in sheboygan, I spent 2 days in a fondulac copp’s, I worked for a week at an appleton copp’s and a day in Kimberly. I currently work at the Main street Copps in Green Bay. I can’t really accomplish that. But I found uncut tenderloin 4-5 pounds for 9.99 at another store. My next big meat purchase will probably be that. haha

Hey sorry to hear that bro…I’ve been dealing with similar problem. Try get grass fed beef (organic fed if u can), chicken free range organic, eggs, goat milk or almond milk, tons of greens,nuts, lemon in water everyday to fight acidity in body, sweet potatoes and rice for carbs, lay off wheat if u can and pasteurized dairy. Add in some immune boosters like echinacea, 1000mg vit C, zinc, deep immune, B12 shots. That with the training and drink half your body weight in ounces of water.

[quote]buddaboy wrote:
I’m sorry to hear this.

Have you had all of your blood tests (testosterone/LH/E2 etc) done and thyroid checked? If no, get them done then post the results in the HRT forum or steroid forum, post the exact results, not just ‘in range’ or ‘high’ or ‘low’. If you have this information post it and hopefully KSman and BBB will have a look (amongst others) and be able to offer some sound advice.

I’ve always had sleeping difficulties and I know how shitty it is.

I hope you get well soon, good luck.[/quote]

I’m not going to read the whole thread… coming in to post exactly this. Feeling shitty and tired all the time is NOT NORMAL.

Full thyroid panel including TSH FREET3 FREET4 and TPO/TPA Antibodies.

Get your a.m. fasting de-stressed cortisol FREE and TOTAL tested too make sure these things are included in the bloodwork B mentions in the post I quoted.

Its not a matter of training with chronic fatigue… you need to get WELL.

I HAVE trained through periods with overextended adrenals and low T3… but it was constant sleep to recover from three training sessions a week… and this only went on for a few months not forever and ever ad infinitum.

EDIT: um oops read the thread y’all beat me to it. So, basically I agree with getting all the testing and seriously man pursue some good treatment and getting WELL. How you’re getting by is no way to live. Trust me, I know. Alot of us have been there.

I feel ya ZepHead;
I had a knee surgery that took me from a mean ass fucking 220 lbs power cleaning 315 to a measly 180 lbs unable to walk within 1 month. This was over 2 years ago but it really took me a long time to recover emotionally and physically. I skipped out on PT and thought eating right would save me. I was wrong, It got to the point that I hated getting up in the morning cause of the pain in my knee and I got sick and feeble and was getting all kinds of flus and infections.

I had mono and know the feeking, it took me a year or more to get a schedual down.

Number one advice is to work high reps and try to tone up and work on that endurance. Getting your blood moving for a good hour everyday is one of the best thing you could possibly do right now.
Grab a weight that you can hit 15 times on your first set and see how many sets you can do before exaustion with the same weight. Ive been doing like 10-15 sets to work my endurance.

I believe that I conquered a lot of the same issues, grogginess, insomia, lack of motivation, and basically overcame a lot of my mental fears that I couldnt be a real lifter again just by pushing my endurance.

Endurance in the gym will equate to endurance at work and the energy to do both. Believe It!! 

I didnt for too long, I wish I could have those two and a half years back… I cant but maybe I can help you by saying that this will help.

Also, work towards competing again.. Nothing gets your mind working like a little compitition. maybe a spartan race or a mud rutters in your future.

PS. Beta-7!!! aka Beta alanine
increases training capacity
increases muscular streangth
" muscular endurance
increases effects of training
increases lean body mass
increases anaerobic threshold

I gaurantee it!! seriously hope you think about both endurance training and beta-7
Good chance youll get that pep back in your step brother