T Nation

Training with AAS

Hi,
when on cycle should the training change?
i don’t think to the weights employed.
but to the method used…

usually i train with an high intensity / high density and relative low volume protocol.

should i change to a higher volume (for example)?

by now i’m training with a body split in 5 days

Well…i may be on the extreme of things…but for the most part i dont believe in overtraining while being natural…so i dont think overtraining exists on roids unless you are lifting 2 times a day 7 days a week. But i do think you could lift for longer periods of time like 6 days in a row.

Higher volume is always yielding increased growth for me :slight_smile:

AG-Guys

I would switch away from the low volume high intenisty or minimize it while on. The risk of injury goes up and you might get injured and not know it until your off.

[quote]facko wrote:
Well…i may be on the extreme of things…but for the most part i dont believe in overtraining while being natural…so i dont think overtraining exists on roids unless you are lifting 2 times a day 7 days a week. But i do think you could lift for longer periods of time like 6 days in a row.[/quote]

i also don’t believe in overtraining as natural. Usually i lift 5days/week year around… so i believe i can do more with AAS support.

but my question is more related to volume used during workout. Usually i train with low rep high intensity schema. Due to AAS impact on nitrogen balance and protein sinthesis should i switch to high/very high volume training?

for example i train a single muscle group per week. should i double some group?

[quote]ag-guys wrote:
Higher volume is always yielding increased growth for me :slight_smile:

AG-Guys[/quote]

mhh this is what i thought reading the net (blog, forum, articles, researches…)

but which kind of training volume you choose? longer session? or higher frequency?

When you are on AAS, you should be able to lift heavier weights. That right there is increased intensity. If you kept the same rep/set scheme as you have been in the past, yet you start using a heavier weight, you’d be doing a lot more work than previous.

I, personally, will keep my workout rep/set scheme the same. I’ll just be adding more weight (hopefully) and eating more than usual.

Of course, others will tell you different. Just my .02.