Training with a Newborn/Kids

[quote]theBeth wrote:
As a female weighing in on this, my experience has been that kids and relationships will fuck your training and diet into the ground so hard you need a back-hoe to get it back out. It take a high level of mental toughness to push through it, as if you’re not already exausted enough by all the demands and lack of sleep.

There is hope. Don’t give up, it eventually gets better. Finding a way to do some of your workout at home will help tremendously if your’e like me and do pullups, pushups, sprints and HIIT. [/quote]

I agree on this. I have a 1yr old and wife is 5 moths preggers. This is the most optimal plan. COnsidering 12 hour shifts, switching from day to night every other week off. I found a solution by taking my little one to the Y during my off weeks. Now I have to condider #2.

I have to either invest in equipment or remain limited to what I do around the house and get creative. Either way, time will be lost to a point. Once they get older training 4-5days a week will be optimal again. Limiting to possibily two days in the gym and the rest consisting of pullups, pushups, sprints and HIIT.

Everypone here has given awesome advice. Havving one became easier as time progressed, especially with a stay at home mother. I can;t even remember sleeping long or how long before I was in full swing. It didnt affect my numbers. Now, it gets real. Good luck with your training.

My son was born 6 months ago and the first couple weeks were really tough to train but my wife doesn’t work right now and is pretty awesome at taking care of him so my training hasn’t been affected to much. Its really tough at times but your life is about to change for the better.