T Nation

Training Weak Areas While on Fat Loss

Coach-

I have read where you said weak areas could possibly be brought up during fatloss phase as long as protocol was followed?

My question is: What kind of volume do you recommend? My lagging areas are Triceps and Delts. I would like to bring some areas up in my back as well. Is it possible to focus on these three areas to bring them up and still be in fatloss?

Thanks

[quote]Kal-El wrote:
Coach-

I have read where you said weak areas could possibly be brought up during fatloss phase as long as protocol was followed?

My question is: What kind of volume do you recommend? My lagging areas are Triceps and Delts. I would like to bring some areas up in my back as well. Is it possible to focus on these three areas to bring them up and still be in fatloss?

Thanks[/quote]

No, not on all three.

Target the delts and triceps for 3-6 weeks then switch to a back spec for another 3-6 weeks.

Train the spec groups 3 times a week, and the rest of the body is trained at maintenance levels over 1 or 2 workouts (I generally recommend around 6 sets per muscle group in that case). If you do not decrease the training volume for the rest of the body, you will waste your time … especially on a fat loss diet.

Thanks so much for your quick response.