Training Volume

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
steel_12 wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
steel_12 wrote:
bulldogtor wrote:
steel_12 wrote:
you will make 0 progress using this routine.Even chemically enhanced bodybuilders dont do this.Your body grows when you are resting, not training.Your cortisol levels will rise very high, suppressing test and growth hormone production, causing a decrease in strength and muscle mass, and possible fat gain.

I hope you’re not serious. 2-a-days are used by lots people–usuallly for only a short time though.

To the OP: if you feel like you are overtraining, take a full week (or more) off and then switch to something else, you’ll probably come back bigger and stronger from what I hear.

If you’re gaining right now, why stop? I don’t understand why people tell others to stop something when it’s clearly working. Do a search function for some 2-a-day programs here on this site to compare what you’re doing with what is recommended.

2-a-days are used. 2-a-days, 7-days a week are not used by anyone.

ur stupid, everything works, for a while. as long as he feels good this will work but he will have to take time off, u obviously haven’t been around training enough if u’ve never heard of this type of training before, it’s called planned overtraining. you run urself till u feel like shit, then back off for a week or so. it’s great for plateaus. don’t give out advice anymore, plz

I have been training 4.5 years, and have tried something similar before. If the op finds it works for him, then fine, let him continue with it.I found it didnt work for me, and i have seen a lot of people lose muscle size doing this type of training.So keep your retarded comments for yourself please and go lift your pink dumbells

lol, retarded, and don’t think that everyone that disagrees with you must be weaker than you, you’re not that great. im not saying that JUST to put you down, but im also hoping you can put yourself in perspective with the rest of the weightlifting world and the people that actually are great. You can shoot for the sky as long as you remember you gotta keep your feet grounded
[/quote]

You flamed him when he merely gave his opinion and now he’s the one who’s retarded? You’re really something.

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
steel_12 wrote:

Yoink! The truly hardcore seem to use it, and yes they gain fat, lose muscle and get depressed. Then they take a week off, use a test. booster and the gains they make are fucking massive.
[/quote]

Yes, but in this type of training your numbers are supposed to go DOWN, not up. In fact, making progress is a sure sign of not doing the program correctly. The whole point is to overtrain severly and then take a week off. Again, if the signs of overtraining aren’t there, you’ve meesed up somewhere.

What we are dealing with here is a different beast entirely. We are talking about someone who seems to have recuperative abilities to rival those of Mariusz Pudzianowski.

I really like this training idea and am easing into it. there is the good article The 30 day mass plan by Chad Waterbury. the key for this program is ten days on, 5 days off. Not two-a-days. so if you were doing two-a-days i might only do it for 3 days then take a few days off. they mentioned earlier recovery is most important and i think if you can do this type of program, go for it, just make sure you have proper rest and i wouldn’t do it for too long (over a month or two) but you can always go back to it.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

B) That is not exactly something that others “dream of ever lifting”. I’m sorry man, but that comment of yours was a little over the top. Many reach those numbers fairly early in their training career.

[/quote]

LOL, I don’t know where you train but I’d say 98% of people who work out will never reach those numbers, and most certainly the ones who do, don’t reach them that quickly.

[quote]Kataklysm wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
steel_12 wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
steel_12 wrote:
bulldogtor wrote:
steel_12 wrote:
you will make 0 progress using this routine.Even chemically enhanced bodybuilders dont do this.Your body grows when you are resting, not training.Your cortisol levels will rise very high, suppressing test and growth hormone production, causing a decrease in strength and muscle mass, and possible fat gain.

I hope you’re not serious. 2-a-days are used by lots people–usuallly for only a short time though.

To the OP: if you feel like you are overtraining, take a full week (or more) off and then switch to something else, you’ll probably come back bigger and stronger from what I hear.

If you’re gaining right now, why stop? I don’t understand why people tell others to stop something when it’s clearly working. Do a search function for some 2-a-day programs here on this site to compare what you’re doing with what is recommended.

ur stupid, everything works, for a while. as long as he feels good this will work but he will have to take time off, u obviously haven’t been around training enough if u’ve never heard of this type of training before, it’s called planned overtraining. you run urself till u feel like shit, then back off for a week or so. it’s great for plateaus. don’t give out advice anymore, plz

I have been training 4.5 years, and have tried something similar before. If the op finds it works for him, then fine, let him continue with it.I found it didnt work for me, and i have seen a lot of people lose muscle size doing this type of training.So keep your retarded comments for yourself please and go lift your pink dumbells

lol, retarded, and don’t think that everyone that disagrees with you must be weaker than you, you’re not that great. im not saying that JUST to put you down, but im also hoping you can put yourself in perspective with the rest of the weightlifting world and the people that actually are great. You can shoot for the sky as long as you remember you gotta keep your feet grounded

You flamed him when he merely gave his opinion and now he’s the one who’s retarded? You’re really something.

[/quote]
actually no, he called me retarded, if you followed the thread right you’d have realized that i was laughing at him calling me retarded. sooo…get it right

[quote]ratm88 wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

B) That is not exactly something that others “dream of ever lifting”. I’m sorry man, but that comment of yours was a little over the top. Many reach those numbers fairly early in their training career.

LOL, I don’t know where you train but I’d say 98% of people who work out will never reach those numbers, and most certainly the ones who do, don’t reach them that quickly. [/quote]

Oh my, I forgot to add “serious trainees”, my bad.
98 percent of people who work out don’t even belong into a gym, still think that everyone past the beginner stage is on drugs (and lots of 'em) and have no clue about what it takes to go anywhere physique and strength wise.

If you try to slow-gain/clean-bulk your way up, post a “but he’s on steroids/he cheats on curls”-comment under each and every youtube-vid showing a bodybuilder… And do one of those “3-4 work sets with the same weight per exercise” kinda programs… Then I do not expect you to ever reach those numbers, that’s true.

But I believe that on a bodybuilding forum, we should know just a little better and want to get past utter mediocrity, don’t you think?

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
ratm88 wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

LOL, I don’t know where you train but I’d say 98% of people who work out will never reach those numbers, and most certainly the ones who do, don’t reach them that quickly.

Oh my, I forgot to add “serious trainees”, my bad.
98 percent of people who work out don’t even belong into a gym, still think that everyone past the beginner stage is on drugs (and lots of 'em) and have no clue about what it takes to go anywhere physique and strength wise.

If you try to slow-gain/clean-bulk your way up, post a “but he’s on steroids/he cheats on curls”-comment under each and every youtube-vid showing a bodybuilder… And do one of those “3-4 work sets with the same weight per exercise” kinda programs… Then I do not expect you to ever reach those numbers, that’s true.

But I believe that on a bodybuilding forum, we should know just a little better and want to get past utter mediocrity, don’t you think?[/quote]

Couldn’t agree more

i think frequency of training is a very misunderstood and underused tool in many athletes/including bodybuilders arsenal.

i just did a squat week, where i had 14 squat sessions, 3x3 in the morning, and 10x10 in the evening, increasing weight every workout. i put up a new max 40 lbs heavier than my previous after 5 days of rest.

for me, thats case closed

I’d do as the Poliquin super-acc. program suggests and shift down to six days a week and take 5days totally off excercise after2 weeks of this

[quote]ratm88 wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

LOL, I don’t know where you train but I’d say 98% of people who work out will never reach those numbers, and most certainly the ones who do, don’t reach them that quickly. [/quote]

Since when are we comparing a supposedly educated T-Nation reader to an average person who “works out”. Those numbers aren’t bad, but they certainly aren’t impressive.

I would expect the average T-Nation reader to lift more than that but apparently I am fooling myself. With mindsets like these you really have to be careful on this site. Only a handful of guys left that are actually worth getting advice from.

[quote]ayork90 wrote:
i think frequency of training is a very misunderstood and underused tool in many athletes/including bodybuilders arsenal.

i just did a squat week, where i had 14 squat sessions, 3x3 in the morning, and 10x10 in the evening, increasing weight every workout. i put up a new max 40 lbs heavier than my previous after 5 days of rest.

for me, thats case closed [/quote]

that’s good news, i like hearing of success stories using programs like this, kinda like anarchy ya know, upsetting the established order and all. not supposed to work but…

that’s good news, i like hearing of success stories using programs like this, kinda like anarchy ya know, upsetting the established order and all. not supposed to work but…[/quote]

Joker Training…

“I just dooo things…”

Now, our physiques are small, but, we have a lot of potential for aggressive hypertrophy!

haha i realized i’ve watched that movie too many times when i read my post and i had quoted the joker exactly. oh well

I’ve just upped my volume a lot, doing a split which is:
Push (chest,shoulders,triceps)
Legs
Pull (back,biceps,rear delts)

Never done anything like this for long, so I’m gonna see how the volume works for me.

And I think frequency is definately good, but only till you reach a certain level, when I first started benching I did it allllll the time, and it went up each time.

If I did deadlifts like that now I’d be lifting the bar for 5 reps come 3 days.

the really important part is giving yourself enough time to rest after you beat yourself into the ground with this type of program, if you return to the weights to soon it will just stall your progress, and probably make you lose size and strength.

ayork90 wrote:

for me, thats case closed

that’s good news, i like hearing of success stories using programs like this, kinda like anarchy ya know, upsetting the established order and all. not supposed to work but…[/quote]

its not so much upsetting the established order, but just listening to your body and really leaving your comfort zone. coaches are professionals and all, but they really don’t know your body as well as you do. (unless you really haven’t been lifting very long, or making any decent progress.)

Would you think about setting up a blog here? It would be interesting to see what you’re doing in more detail.

I suppose I could…is anyone else interested? ;/ (I don’t keep a workout journal, but I may start).

Oh and for the record, I took an unplanned day off for alcohol :).

[quote]steel_12 wrote:
you will make 0 progress using this routine.Even chemically enhanced bodybuilders dont do this.Your body grows when you are resting, not training.Your cortisol levels will rise very high, suppressing test and growth hormone production, causing a decrease in strength and muscle mass, and possible fat gain.[/quote]

Late to the party, but this is not true for everyone.

I believe increased frequent workouts for a while will help you speed up the gaining process. My cousin was 16 when he started lifting, and within about a year he’d exploded in size - he is very genetically gifted though - eats like a horse and when training with very high frequencies (2-3x a day, 6 days a week) he made great progress.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/pictures_pics_photo_body_image_performance/my_progress_photos

There are no absolutes in this game - some things work for some and not for others. It’s about experience.

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
steel_12 wrote:

Yoink! The truly hardcore seem to use it, and yes they gain fat, lose muscle and get depressed. Then they take a week off, use a test. booster and the gains they make are fucking massive.
[/quote]

Some day I’m going to do that. Some day…