The BEAst_in_i: Crown the King (of Curses)

Thanks, definitely beat my own expectations.

The Death set was fucking brutal. Was super out of breath. Only pulling that Humvee was more breath stealing than the death set.

June 19th 2017

Sanctified with Dynamite by Powerwolf

VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLUME BABY!

T& G Bench (SS)

1 x 20 @ 45
1 x 1 @ 135
1 x 1 @ 155
1 x 1 @ 185
1 x 1 @ 210 (95.3)(PR)
5 x 10 @ 125

It was a bit of bruise to my ego to do work under 135, but I knew in order for my volume plan to work I had to spend a little time down here. All of my volume training starting points are like this, way lower than I want to train in terms of weight but from an objective stand point I needed to do it like this in order to maximize the results of this phase of training.

Barbell Row (SS)
1 x 20 @ 45
5 x 20 @ 125

Just took my loaded bar from Benching and Rowed it for whatever rep scheme felt right.

Facepulls
4 x 20

DB Bench
3 x 12 @ 40

Back to standard variation after spending some time with the squeeze variation

Unilateral Tricep Pushdown
75 reps across 4 sets

Preacher Curl
75 reps across 6 sets

Have t stick with this weight until I get it within 5 sets, missed it by 5 reps.

Back Extension
1 x 30

2 Likes

June 20th, 2017

A Place for My Head by Linkin Park

Rest in peace Chester.

Back Squat
2 x 10 @ 45
1 x 5 @ 135
1 x 1 @ 185
1 x 1 @ 225
1 x 1 @ 255 (115.6)
5 x 10 @ 155 (70.3)
1 x 10 @ 135

Did BW split squats inbetween sets for activation purposes.

Single Leg Leg Press
3 x 12

Single Leg Leg Curl
3 x 20

Single Leg Leg ext
3 x 20

Side Bend
3 x 20

Back Ext
1 x 30

RDL (Knee to Hips)
1 x 10 @ 45
1 x 10 @ 135
1 x 10 @ 185
3 x 10 @ 205 (92.3)

1 Like

June 21st, 2017

Lions by Skillet

Ayyy woke up early enough to do this before work. Woke up sore as f, but I got up and went because I always feel better after warming up a little bit.

Pause Bench
1 x 10 @ 45
1 x 1 @ 135
4 x 5 @ 137.5 (62.4)

Z Press
1 x 10 @ 45
5 x 5 @ 55

Pendlay Row
1 x 5 @ 135
3 x 5 @ 160 (72.5)

Facepull
4 x 20

Hammer Strength Row Machine
3 x 15

SL Leg Press
2 x 20

Back Ext
1 x 50

2 Likes

June 22nd, 2017

Tonight by Winterberry Drive

SL Leg Press
3 x 20

SL Leg Leg Curl
3 x 20

SL Leg Leg Ext
3 x 20

Machine Oblique Twist
3 x 20

Side Raises
2 x 20

Machine Tricep PD
Exaggerated negatives. Really focused on trying to feel the muscle.

Power Snatches
12 x 1
Worked up to a whopping 85 lbs!!!

Haven’t snatched in about 8 months, never got very good at it because I stopped. I am sitting on a USA Weightlifting Lv1 cert I have never taken advantage of too

Worked really hard on improving my front position the last 2 days, definitely seeing some progress there.

Kick ass log dude. In for more progress.

2 Likes

Thanks! Welcome aboard.

What program are you running? just out of curiosity

I am stubborn, it’s my own franken-program.Right now its

1 x 1 @ 80%ish adding weight once a month.
then 5 x 10 adding weight each week and dropping reps per set as weight dictates. Probably let it get down to 5 x 3. I did something similar starting at 5 x 5 for OHP and Bench.

When I first started training I used to do 5x5 full body training and accessory work. I dont fully understand assistance work just yet in order to create my own programs, but I will one day probably.

Just trying everything out and seeing what works and what doesn’t

all for your strongman stuff?

Yes and no. I definitely want to get stronger as a strongman but I also really just care about having fun and being generally strong. Definitely want to do a powerlifting meet and a weightlifting meet if I can get my body to cooperate on a mobility level

I’d say go for a powerlifting competition. I really want to compete, but I have to save up for gas money, registration, and maybe a few other side expenses. Most def. agree on the mobility thing though. Oh sorry, I didn’t see you have removed that.

Undeleted, I was going to elaborate more but I will put it here instead.

The strongman comp I did was close enough I could justify driving it. It was like 35 miles. I am having a hard time finding a powerlifting meet though.

If I was to focus on strongman 100% I would focus more on Strict Pressing and Incline Benching instead of competition style benching. Maybe close grip flat as an accessory akin to how I am Incline benching now. But right now I am trying to bring up my ‘competition style’ bench press more than my strict press or push press. I would like to do a powerlifting meet in December or January, but I would jump on as soon as 7 weeks from now if it was close enough.

Which state/ country do you live in?

Iowa.

Hmmmm
 I have the same issue here in Texas. I’d prefer USAPL and most of them are damn near 3-4 hours away.

Yeah I’d prefer them too, but at this point I would take any fed since I wouldn’t be competitive and just want to put up a total

Ive considered just competing at a local show too, but then again I kind of like the competition feel to competing. I understand its just you against you, but I still like watching other people kill it out there.