The BEAst_in_i: Crown the King (of Curses)

Back Squat
1 x 11 @ 250 (113)

Pause Back Squat
6 x 2 @ 250 (113)

Rack Pull Below Knee
3 x 11 @ 300 (136)

Trap Bar Carry 225 x 1
T & G Bench Press 5 x 1 @ 195
Ab Pushout 2 x 20
Back Ext 1 x 30
Good Girls 2 x 30
Bad Girls 2 x 30

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcgp2SPAptd/?taken-by=beast_in_i

Have picked out my contest. Shriner Strength 2018.

18" Deadlifts puts it right below my kneeā€¦ Brought measuring tape to the gym. My rack pulls are 16". Think I am going to continue pulling from 16" until 2 months out as the next notch in the rack is 19". Setting up for as close to 18" as possible is a little annoying.

Strict Press
5 x 5 @ 110 (49.9)

Jerk (From Rack)
x 1 @ 145
x 1 @ 150
x 1 @ 155
x 0 @ 160
x 1 @ 160 (72.5)

Going to use 155 for setting up my Jerk work as it was a proper Jerk. Couldnā€™t get under 160 fast enough so I had to grind it out with my triceps.

Cable Row 4 x 15

Power Clean (Might regret this tomorrow)
2 x 1 @ 165 (74.8)

Incline Bench
3 x 10 @ 125 (56.6)

Side Raises 4 x 20
French Press 5 x 20
Band Pull Aparts: A lot
Front Raises 2 x 20
Pullover 2 x 30

1 Like

Semester is over. Woop woop! 3 weeks of break.

Deadlift (SS) Leg Curls for activation
x 1 @ 335
x 6 @ 365 (165).+4 Rep PR with this weight.
x 1 @ 385 (174) Slow but smooth. 1 rep in the tank.
x 1 @ 400 (181) No reps in the tank but maybe some weight. ā€œFuck Yes!ā€
4 x 0 @ 405 Ugh! Broke the floor one the first attempt, the rest were glued to the floor.

1.5" Deficit Deadlift
1 x 8 @ 315 (143)

Pause Deadlifts @ Knees
2 x 2 @ 295
1 x 2 @ 275

Front Squat
x 1 @ 205
x 1 @ 225
x 1 @ 235
x 1 @ 250. + 5lb PR.
x 0 @ 255
x 8 @ 135

RDL 2 x 20 @ 135
Trap Bar Carry. 2 Minutes w/o letting go.
Back Ext 2 x 20 @ 40
Sliding Curl 2 x Fuck These are hard.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcq16nZAlMz/?taken-by=beast_in_i
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcq3WEfgmiy/?taken-by=beast_in_i
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcq9vJ2ATpg/?taken-by=beast_in_i

2 Likes

Inā€¦

Arenā€™t you that dude who was hating on sumo deadlift lol?

So looking at the log are you into strongman? I have access to gyms with strongman stuff but itā€™s a bit intimidating. Also Id rather be a fat slow powerlifter instead.

Good stuff though. With all the lifting you are doing is there any specific goals you have e.g. bench two biscuits?

Yeah, I do post some anti-sumo things occasionally but honestly I am cool with it. I have honestly thought about using sumo as a builder lift as it easier on the lower back just never pulled the trigger on doing a phase or block with it since I enjoy conventional deadlifts a lot.

Yeah I really like strongman itā€™s a really cool sport, I love it that it requires such a large amount of traits and general strength. I donā€™t have regular access to implements so I am just making due with commercial gym stuff and stuff I can bring in my gym bag. Iam still super intimidated by strongman stuff because I have so little experience with it. I do plan on doing a powerlifting meet someday, maybe late 2018/early 2019 just depends. Also want to try some Highland games someday and strengthlifting meet. I really just want to do a lot things, its all so shiny and cool to me.

Some goals would be:
225 (102) x 1 Bench.
185 (84) x 1 Jerk
135 (61) x 5 Strict Press
365 (165) x 10 Deadlift

Would like to get those in the next several months before my competition, which I feel is reasonable maybe even selling myself short. I would also like to not suck at doing Cleans, my freaking Front Rack position s.ucks

1 Like

Last time I front squatted which was the first time lol it took quite a while to get mobile enough for a decent front rack. I think over time the weight just bent and stretched me into position. Is this what you are having trouble with?

Yeah, so basically when holding the bar just outside shoulder width I physically canā€™t get my elbows up so the weight is stuck on my wrists. When I do cleans its caught in my hands not on my collarbones, which is why I train them in frequently and prefer training Snatches for Oly stuff. I have been working on my mobility more and more because I really want to be able to do a proper front rack.

1 Like

Put two plates on the bar and front rack hold that shit all day. Will either stretch you into position or break you. Good luck lel

Start with thumbs under the bar, index finger, 3 fingers, 4 fingers, all fingers, base of the fingers and then middle of the palm with fingers closed over.

1 Like

Pretty much what khangles said. Targeted mobility work is annoying and takes lots of time. Just front squat a lot while pushing your front rack towards a sexy oly lifter looking front rack

1 Like

@khangles @guineapig

Yeah, thatā€™s what I am going to have to do so I am going to do it.

1 Like

*disclaimer

If you sprain your wrists and get tendonitis in every tendon of your hand it means you were too weak not that the method was wrong

1 Like

2 Likes

Mad Invite 4 U
Join the Movement

1 Like

Pissed off. Bench Rep test ruined by over zealous spotter. Honestly never asking for a spot again except for the 2 guys that I know understand how I want to be spotted. They get it, hands stay off the bar until I fail or I say take it. Donā€™t even touch it with your fucking pinky nail. I told him to let me fucking fail not hijack when I start slowing down. I wanted to use this to gauge if I should try for 225 in 2 weeks.

He then wasted 6 minutes of my life lecturing me about how I grip the bar. Tried to tell me about how powerlifters bench without using a specific example of one.
How he used to bench 400+ and has been lifting for 4 decades. If you really have then you would know not to touch the fucking bar.

Bench Press
Waste of Energy @ 175 (79)
x 9 @ 175 (79)
5 x 5 @ 165 (75)

So basically I scraped out minimum reps that I wanted on a second go with a more competent spotter. Then did some fahves for volume.

Close Grip Cambered Bar
3 x 12 @ 105

Facepulls: Alot
Band Pull aparts: Alot
Hammer Curls: 1 x 200
Side Raises: 4 x 20
Front Raises: 2 x 20
Lat Pulldown: 5 x 20

Then I absolutely murdered my Triceps and Traps.

2 Likes

Jesus Spot FTW.

1 Like

RIP piggy

2 Likes

2 Likes

Did a fun little upperbody pump session today. Wanted to do something but wasnā€™t up for doing my Squat session a day early. Nothing intense just sets of 12 or higher on isolation work. Also worked on my Front Rack position a little today.

1 Like

So you unracked 140kg and stood there for 30 mins?

Used around 65kg