The BEAst_in_i: Crown the King (of Curses)

Looks like a fun set of events. This is the second time I’ve seen a meet put Tug O War as a tie breaker, which I think is a horrible event because it’s totally dependent on weight, not such a big deal with the lower weight classes where people are at least in the same ball park, but when you have a 250# heavyweight going up against a 350# heavyweight it’s just ridiculous. Or in my case with the meet I dropped out of last fall due to injury, if I’d tied with someone in the all-weight-classes-crammed-together masters division, it would have been 200# me against someone who weighted twice what I did.

1 Like

I agree, I am not a fan of Tug O War or Mas Wrestling for that matter as an event or tie breaker. I am glad though that they have something planned in case it does come up instead of having to decide on the spot. I think in most cases having the people who tied do a head to head variation of an event that already happened. Like a Last Man Standing Keg Load in this case I think would be an appropriate tie breaker.

Monsters of the Mississippi Prep

Spin Class

One of my homework assignments was to attend a spin class (indoor bicycling), our school has a very nice gym/health and wellness center attached to it. Which offers a variety of fitness classes. I need to attend a yoga (ugh), water aerobics, and a generic group fitness class as well in the next 2 weeks. I pushed it a little bit too hard when I was asked to push so I cut it short.

Got pretty light headed for a little bit afterwards, stretched a little bit, and downed a body armor drink. I think that maybe I want to start attending once a week after this prep is over, to get some aerobic work in.

Cardi-no

1 Like

Not gonna lie I basically turned it into a power workout with very light peddling in between lol Whenever she didn’t have a specific pace for us I turned it way down.

Feeling pretty tired and beat up. Took a nap between class and work which is something I never feel the need to do. I know most of it is being at the end of competition prep, but also the unfortunate random stimulus being added from school assignments doesn’t help. That said this went better than I thought it would. Like a lot better.

Incline Bench Press (SS) Gymnastics Rings Pullups
4 x 4 @ 155 (SS) 5, 5, 4, 4, 4

KB Clean
2 x 1 @ 70/hand
x 1 @ 80/hand

I don’t know why, for some reason I knew this was here tonight. This makes me really happy to be able to hit.

KB Clean + Strict Press
8 x 3 + 9 @ 50/hand
2 x 3 + 7 @ 50/hand
x 1 + 4 @ 50/hand

One Arm Hangs
3 x 5 sec (Right arm)
3 x 3 sex (Left Arm)

First time I have been successfully able to do this. So happy.

Cable Rows 4 x 20
Zottman Curls 4 x 15
French Press
x 20 @ 60
x 18 @ 70
x 20 @ 60
x 25 @ 30
Laterals (SS) Band Facepull 3 x 35

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwbFQ3gghzN/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwbHyG1AVee/

I know I have made some dumb training decisions recently. I have a million excuses lined up to explain my stupidity and my actions. I will own my mistakes and have some take aways for next time. That said I feel like I made the right call and did not push it tonight.

DOH Deadlift
x 1 @ 335

Deadlifts
x 4 @ 375
x 3 @ 385

Pause Front Squat
9 x 2 @ 205

Fitness Bag Ext
x 10 @ 240
2 x 8 @ 240 + Red Band

Duck Walk
3 rounds with 143 (for speed)

1 Like

Monsters of the Mississippi

So amazing to get new Sabaton and Amon Amarth this close together.

Thus starts the last week of actual training

Log Press
x 1 @ 162
x 0 @ 167
6 x 2 @ 122 (Pause)

I feel like 177-182 is there after a deload which is obviously pretty short of the 225 for Monsters of the Mississippi. Its ok, because I know I have made some really good progress I just didn’t have enough time to turn things around. Still confident that a big overhead lift is in store for me this year.

DB Incline Bench (SS) Chinups
x 4 @ 70/hand (SS) 5 x 5
x 4 @ 65/hand
x 6 @ 60/hand

Incline Tricep Ext (SS) Zottman Curls
5 x 13 (SS) 5 x 15

Laterals (SS) Band Pullaparts
3 x 25

Got Yoga tonight, and Water Aerobics tomorrow. :face_vomiting:

Got about 15 minutes into the yoga session before my right oblique started cramping anytime I bent over. I tried to push through it a little bit, hoping it would stop but it didn’t so I had to leave early. Unfortunate.

Front Squats (SS) Knee Jump
4 x 3 @ 250

DOH Fat Grip Holds
4 x 5 secs @ 185

Trap Bar Deadlifts
x 1 @ 425
x 0 @ 455
x 10 @ 365

Deadlifts (Fiend Sets)
1 x 2 Rounds @ 275
3 x 1 Rounds @ 250

So this is 3 reps per round. Pause Rep w/ Exaggerated Eccentric, Regular Speed Rep with controlled Eccentric, and a Pause Rep w/ Exaggerated Eccentric.

Stepups
3 x 10 @ 205

Increased the box height a little bit.

Back Exts
2 x 8 @ 155

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwnGGKjgbYh/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ewrhpjtufxvl

Just did a hydrofit class. Actually felt really good. Almost felt like recovery work.

Did a Les Mills Body Pump class today, thank christ I got these fitness classes done now. Needed to squeeze all in by the end of today and I made it. Just a bunch of partial rep nonsense, I tried to squat to depth but it quickly became apparent I wouldn’t survive if I did. So much junk volume from that. I wasn’t really counting reps but I was pretty sure we did more pushing than pulling so I went upstairs to the weightroom after we were done and did some pullups and deadhangs.

1 Like

I went to one of these with my wife, squatted to depth, and did not survive

1 Like

Yeah it just gets really rough with how many reps they expect you to do. At first pride… then just survive. Was 1/8 squatting at a few points just trying to keep the pace up.

Monsters of the Mississippi Prep.

Doing this workout in halves. Snuck in the main work in the sliver of time I had beyween class and work. Hitting the accessories after work.

KB Clean and Press (SS) Pullups
10 x 2 + 5 @ 60/hand (SS) 3, 3, 4, 3, 3,3

Incline Bench
x 1 @ 165

Tempo Incline Bench 4 1 0 (ss) Lat PD
5 x 3 @ 120 (ss) 3 x 10

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwsH0yNgAsA/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1r3ixzl776er6

1 Like

Monsters of the Pumpissippi

Went back to finish accessory work and get a really nice pump. Did
Cable Rows
JM Presses (SS) Laterals (SS) Rear Delts
French Press (SS) Zottman Curls
Front Raises
3 different Angles of Flyes (SS) Hammer Curls
Rope Tricep PD (SS) Barbell Curls

DOH Deadlift x 1 @ 335
Deadlift x 3 @ 425

Pause Front Squat 3 x 1 @ 245
Hip Thrust 3 x 15
Hanging Leg Raise 3 x 10

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwyV4hvgakb/

Can’t say that Iam happy with how everything ended up, but whats done is done. Time to rest up and hope for the best.

1 Like

Deload

Log Push Press (ss) Chinups
3 x 2 @ 117 (SS) 4 x 2

Incline DB Bench
2 x 8 @ 40/hand

Incline Tricep Ext (SS) Curls
3 x 10 (SS) 3 x 10

Laterals (SS) Band Pullaparts
2 x10 (SS) 2 x 30

1 Like

Good luck brother