The BEAst_in_i: Divine General

Fuck snow.

DOH Deadlift
x 1 @ 365 (+5lb PR)

Also held it at the top fro an extra 5 seconds or so. Much better than when I hit 360 and dropped it .

Deadlift (Beltless)
x 1 @ 390
4 x 10 @ 290

Easy enough… vomits! Don’t get why I vomited, all the set were relatively easy for sets of 10 of Deadlifts.

Tempo Front Squats
5 x 5 @ 150

Fitness Bag Ext (SS) 3 x 10 @ 180
Fitness Bag Press x 1 @ 180

Nani?!??! Makes me doubt the weight of cable stacks.

Stepups (SS)
3 x 10 @ 120

Duck Walks
3 x 1 @ 143

Arm over Arm/Sled Push Suicides
x 1 @ 90

My energy tanked to 0 after one round. So I called it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuQEiRCAZu1/

1 Like

Grip is getting good man.

High rep deads make me want to vomit…4 sure

The reverse hyper also is close to that category. I’m sweating like a pig when those are done.

You are really making some nice strength gains right now man. Keep it going. Stay healthy and don’t bulk to much too soon.

2 Likes

Thanks Hog, as soon as I figured out why my DOH wasn’t progressing things started clicking.

Haven’t been gaining much weight. Still hanging around 210 most days, heavy weigh ins are around 213. Medium term want to get around 220 and work in that area for a while. In general I have a hard time gaining weight though.

1 Like

How tall are you dude. You don’t look that heavy.

5’ 10 ish

*manlet jealousy intensifies

1 Like

and here I am jealous of my 3 friends who are 6’ 2-6’4.

To be fair if I was 6 foot I dunno if I’d be able to fill out that frame without special supplements

1 Like

Hahaha. Tall is not the best for the lifting game. 5’4”-5’8 is I’m seing ideal…

1 Like

@guineapig
@losthog

I always wanted to be 6 foot never happened lol. Honestly though being taller is generally better for Strongman. Being on the shorter side is generally advantageous for just about everyother iron sport tho. Bodybuilders can fill out that frame more, powerlifters generally have better levers for lifting. Graham Hixx, Rob Kearney, and Diminitar being on the short side for strongman are some of my favorites.

1 Like

Thus begins the last of offseason training. Definitely put on some quality mass since winter siege.

Log Press (Pause) (SS1)
4 x 1 @ 137

Log Press (Strict) (SS2)
5 x 8 @ 107

Chinups (SS1)
6, 5, 5, 4, 3

Weighted Chinups (SS2)
@ +6; 4 x 2

DB Flat Bench
@ 60/hand; 2 x 11
@ 50/hand; x 10

Zottman Curls 8 x 12
Incline Tricep Ext 120 reps
Lateral Raises 120 reps

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuUUzvAgq6Q/

The workout I was dreading the most this week is over.

Front Squat
x 1 @ 245
4 x 10 @ 190

DOH Fat Grip DL
x 1 @ 205
x 0 @ 230
2 x 8 @ 155

Romanian DL
3 x 10 @ 290

Got really light headed after each set.

Hip Abductions 4 x 20
Leg Curl 3 x 20
Leg Ext 3 x 20

1 Like

No you got it the wrong way around. The workout should dread you

1 Like

Last weeks crushed me mentally. I was not mentally ready for this workout. I was dreading the rep work right up until I had to start doing it. I was peeling the weights off the 245 to go down to 190. “Fuck I should just go home”. but once I was under the bar and it was time to start doing the reps it was like a light switch went off in my head I could just go.

1 Like

I don’t really record my weight gain, but pretty sure 211 is my heaviest morning weigh in. Weighed in at 213 at Winter Siege at like 8 or 9 pm, food in my stomach and full street clothe garb on. This 211 was not so heavily dressed. Makes me feel good about the direction this bulk is headed.

Incline Bench Press (SS)
x 2 @ 135 (Pause)
x 1 @ 155 (Pause)
5 x 8 @ 135

Unreasonably excited about that volume work.

Gymnastics Rings Pullups (SS)
3, 3, 5, 4, 3

Weighted Gymnastics Rings Pullups (SS)
x 3 @ + 10
x 1 @ +25
2 x 1 @ 35

KB Clean
x 2 @ 70

KB Clean + Press
x 2 + 8 @ 60/hand (yaaaaaaaas!)
9 x 3 + 8 @ 40/hand

French Press
x 8 @ 80
3 x 15 @ 50

DB Incline Row
4 x 12 @ 60/hand

Zottman Curls 8 x 12
Lateral Raises 120 reps

https://www.instagram.com/p/BucA4rhALiJ/

OFF SEASON IS OVER!!! Time to get strong for Monsters of the Mississippi!
Also watching Mateusz Kieliszkowski do the the stone load at the Arnold again was awesome as always. Hope that event sticks around for a while longer. Still need to watch the other events but I was most excited for the stone so I watched that before I left for my training session.

DOH Deadlift
2 x 1 @ 315
x 0 @ 370

Deadlift
x 1 @ 390
4 x 10 @ 295

I think I could have had 300 or 305 for all 4 sets but I reserved myself to make sure everything went well.

Tempo Front Squat
5 x 5 @ 160

Stepups
3 x 10 @ 125

Fitness Bag Extensions
3 x 11 @ 200
Fitness Bag Press
x 1 @ 200

Duckwalk
3 x 1 @ 153

My cue for this is to try and get it behind me while I run. Seems to work so far.

Arm Over Arm/Sled Push
x 1 @ 270
2 x 1 @ 315

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuiFwLcA-Hq/

1 Like

I’ll be sit here and be jelly of you lifting heavy while I just do Volume then

2 Likes

Volume work sucks but it definitely works. Smash that shit. Not looking forward to my next run of this concocted program of mine.

Monsters of the Mississippi Prep

TODAY WAS THE DAY. TOOK 22 MONTHS. STRICT PRESS PR!! I was able to strict press the 137lb Log 4 separate times. 2lbs higher than my 1 rep max on the barbell. So freaking ecstatic right now

Log (Strict + Push Press/Jerk) (SS) Weighted Chinups
4 x 1 + 2 @ 137 (SS) 3 x 3 @ + 10, 2 x 3 @ +15

Did hit a set of 5 BW Chinups as my warmup for the weighted work.

CAT Pause Log
3 x 2 @ 97

Not just pausing and then just doing enough to get it up. I was throwing that log up as hard as I could with the leg drive.

DB Flat Bench
3 x 7 @ 70/hand

Plan was to do 65s but someone else was using them. It worked out well so no harm done. Did better with the 70s than expected. Did last set feet up too for a little added challenge.

Incline Tricep Ext (GS) Laterals (GS) Rear Delt Raises
6 x 10 (GS) 3 x 20 (GS) 3 x 20

Zottman Curls 4 x 12

https://www.instagram.com/p/BumWZo6gJwr/

1 Like

When you watch too much Larry Wheels +Thor

1 Like