Training to Get in Shape to Ttrain

after 3/21 i should be able to start pretraining. training to get in shape for training. any advice on this?

[quote]domcib wrote:

after 3/21 i should be able to start pretraining. training to get in shape for training. any advice on this?

[/quote]

Well what type of training do you plan to do once you can go all out?

CT. my apologies.
i presumed you knew.
your layer system is the best i have ever seen in 40 years. hands down.
you know ive been busy. thats just the animal i live with.
but, i have noticed how you have adjusted your system accordingly, as you have went along
i am talking about the layer system.
im almost seeing myself using a , hate to say it… dont get pissed off, im just thinking here.

a version of the layer, maybe using a 3 rep max, so the stress is not so great in the beginning. and doing the layer for 3days for 2 weks, then 5 , etc.

dunno. thats whay im asking.
bottom line. to answer your simple question,
i plan to do your layer system

[quote]domcib wrote:
CT. my apologies.
i presumed you knew.
your layer system is the best i have ever seen in 40 years. hands down.
you know ive been busy. thats just the animal i live with.
but, i have noticed how you have adjusted your system accordingly, as you have went along
i am talking about the layer system.
im almost seeing myself using a , hate to say it… dont get pissed off, im just thinking here.

a version of the layer, maybe using a 3 rep max, so the stress is not so great in the beginning. and doing the layer for 3days for 2 weks, then 5 , etc.

dunno. thats whay im asking.
bottom line. to answer your simple question,
i plan to do your layer system[/quote]

You need at least 4 days a week with the layer system. But the sessions are short (especially since I decreased the amount of HDL work and got better results that way). Sometimes my sessions last 30 minutes. So for a guy in your situation it is certainly a great approach.

ok.
just trying to think ahead. im eager to get. back.
so 4 days. 3 ramp max should be fine?
that will keep the weights moderate, soo i dont hurt myself.
i never imagined i would ever say that, but, i learned the relity the hard way.

so 4 days.
what split am i doin?
let me think.
how about
declin, lo pulls, incline, lo pulls, dead squat or front squat… all from pins or blocks
ramp to 3 rep max
clusters at 90 percent of 3 rep max… 3 sets of 1 reppers. . target 4-7 reps each set
then hdl…
how does that go? the previous was 5-4-3-2-1 at 70 percent… 3 sets of those

Hi CT, i got a quick question about your destroying fat program. Do you have a new version of it? i did it for a couple of weeks and saw great results, just wondering if there was anything new. Also on your leg specialization, do i need to do extra calves workouts???

yep, i know, i wrote 5 sesions.
ok forget what im thinking.
i asked you for advice, then i tried nswering my own question.
so, any advice on this “pretraing”.
tnx

[quote]fcbarcelona1899 wrote:
Hi CT, i got a quick question about your destroying fat program. Do you have a new version of it? i did it for a couple of weeks and saw great results, just wondering if there was anything new. Also on your leg specialization, do i need to do extra calves workouts???[/quote]

What program is that? I wrote like 10 000 programs, I don’t remember them all!

No calves work… those who got great calves never needed to train them, those that don’t do not get anything out of direct calves work!!!

High pulls, olympic lifts, farmer’s walk and prowler pushing are the best way to build calves

ct. have done a couple sessions using 3 rep max. so far so good. did declines and low pulls.
getting in 4 days a week for now should not be an issue. i now have a few questions.

1. how many movements or sessions,should i use? in other words, if i do
    decl, pulls, incl, pulls, shoulder press from pins, dead squat or front squat from pins.
    thats 6 like when i first started in december.
    can i spread these out over the 4 day per week trainings?
    or should i use less movements?

2.dead squat launch vs front squat from pins. you had suggested in the past to stay with one for about 4 weeks.
should i start with teh dead squats first? and what about from a deficit?

1. pulls. since i will be doing 2 pull sessions a week, should i do 1 low pull and 1 hi pull? or just stickj with the low pull for awhile to build up my lower body strength?

2. i see that you have evolved the layer system some.
    would i be doing the original 3 rep max, clusters, 5,4,3,2,1 hdl or can i do the new hdl?

again… i see that you are modifying things every 2-4 weeks or so. before i was trying to keep up with you.
i dont know if i should try to do that now, because of what i have missed.

[quote]domcib wrote:
ct. have done a couple sessions using 3 rep max. so far so good. did declines and low pulls.
getting in 4 days a week for now should not be an issue. i now have a few questions.

decl, pulls, incl, pulls, shoulder press from pins, dead squat or front squat from pins.
    2.dead squat launch vs front squat from pins. you had suggested in the past to stay with one for about 4 weeks.

2. pulls. since i will be doing 2 pull sessions a week, should i do 1 low pull and 1 hi pull? or just stickj with the low pull for awhile to build up my lower body strength?

3. i see that you have evolved the layer system some.
    would i be doing the original 3 rep max, clusters, 5,4,3,2,1 hdl or can i do the new hdl
    again… i see that you are modifying things every 2-4 weeks or so. before i was trying to keep up with you.
    i dont know if i should try to do that now, because of what i have missed.[/quote]

4. I don’t like 6 movements when training only 4 days a week. You can make it work with 5, but not 4 as there will be too much time between repeat workout. 4-5 movements would be better… I’d do explosive pulls (high, chinese, low see my post on explosive pulls) / slight decline / Dead-Squat launch / Slight incline

5. I’d use the Dead-Squat launch for the layers and 3-4 sets of 4-6 front squats after the layers.

6. See the post about continuous ramp for explosive pulls

7. For pressing go with the max reps/15 sec/max reps HDL with 80% , for explosive pulls and Dead-Squat launch go with 1 rep from blocks + 3-4 reps from hang for 3 sets with 30 sec between sets

i gotta lay this out onpaper no problem.
since i dont really ahvae a “planned” day off.
what 2 are best to have a day separate them?
i generally just keep going. i dont keep planned days off, because i dont know whats gonna happen tomorrow.
ifi can train today, i train,because, tormorrow, maybe i cant.

oh, and i am starting with 3 rep ramps on everything, if thats ok with you.
that keep the weight reasonable in the beginning so i dont hurt my dumb ass.

[quote]domcib wrote:
i generally just keep going. i dont keep planned days off, because i dont know whats gonna happen tomorrow.

that keep the weight reasonable in the beginning so i dont hurt my dumb ass.[/quote]

Honestly it doesn’t really matter where you put your rest days since there isn’t much carryover from one day to the next

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]domcib wrote:

that keep the weight reasonable in the beginning so i dont hurt my dumb ass.[/quote]

Honestly it doesn’t really matter where you put your rest days since there isn’t much carryover from one day to the next[/quote]

excellent! thanks

[quote]domcib wrote:

2. pulls. since i will be doing 2 pull sessions a week, should i do 1 low pull and 1 hi pull? or just stickj with the low pull for awhile to build up my lower body strength?

would i be doing the original 3 rep max, clusters, 5,4,3,2,1 hdl or can i do the new hdl
    i dont know if i should try to do that now, because of what i have missed.[/quote]

4. I don’t like 6 movements when training only 4 days a week. You can make it work with 5, but not 4 as there will be too much time between repeat workout. 4-5 movements would be better… I’d do explosive pulls (high, chinese, low see my post on explosive pulls) / slight decline / Dead-Squat launch / Slight incline
    e

5. I’d use the Dead-Squat launch for the layers and 3-4 sets of 4-6 front squats after the layers.

7. For pressing go with the max reps/15 sec/max reps HDL with 80% , for explosive pulls and Dead-Squat launch go with 1 rep from blocks + 3-4 reps from hang for 3 sets with 30 sec between sets
    [/quote]

8. I’d use the Dead-Squat launch for the layers and 3-4 sets of 4-6 front squats after the layers.
    ok. regular 3 eep max layer with clusters?

, for explosive pulls and Dead-Squat launch go with 1 rep from blocks + 3-4 reps from hang for 3 sets with 30 sec between sets
hdl deadsquat launch from blocks? please explain.

dead squat launch-- not sure if i got this correctly.
you wrote"
4. for Dead-Squat launch go with 1 rep from blocks + 3-4 reps from hang for 3 sets with 30 sec between sets "

i did this today withe dead squat. it felt really good, but i wasn’t sure if it was correct.

on another note. using the 3 rep max is really doing the trick.
i’m getting in a good workout, without overstressing joints, or muscles, or cns.

how long should i do this ? maybe 2-4 weeks?

[quote]domcib wrote:

[quote]domcib wrote:

e

[/quote]

8. I’d use the Dead-Squat launch for the layers and 3-4 sets of 4-6 front squats after the layers.
    ok. regular 3 eep max layer with clusters?

, for explosive pulls and Dead-Squat launch go with 1 rep from blocks + 3-4 reps from hang for 3 sets with 30 sec between sets
hdl deadsquat launch from blocks? please explain.[/quote]

With any form of explosive pulls, HDL work should be sets of 4-5 reps with about 30 seconds between sets, for 3 sets. That’s why I like 1 rep from blocks + 3-4 reps from hang with high pulls and 1 rep from floor + 3-4 reps from hang with Dead Squar Launch

CT, since im currently doing 3 rep max. i find it better to do 1 from blocks and 2 from hang.
is this acceptable for explosive puulls and launch?

im into my second week. first week was more of a learning phase
2nd will be probably learning with some pushing.
? pulls. should go for the 4 part explosive pulls or leave it at 3?

chinese pulls. not really sure bout the tecnique on this, but your cue of pulling yourself down, i tookas pushing the bar down.
thats just the way it felt. any othe suggestions would be appreciated.

ramp on explosive pulls… are you “milking” these as before, or not as much?
personally, idepending on the day, i need less miling to get activated. other days. more.
what do you say?

by the wat. so far im fellin great with this system. using the 4 days and a 3 rep max is doing better than what i asked for.
thanks so much

[quote]domcib wrote:
CT, since im currently doing 3 rep max. i find it better to do 1 from blocks and 2 from hang.
is this acceptable for explosive puulls and launch? [/quote]

For the explosive pulls yes, for the Dead Squat launch I’d start all 3 reps from the floor to get the full leg stimulation.

[quote]domcib wrote:
im into my second week. first week was more of a learning phase
2nd will be probably learning with some pushing.
? pulls. should go for the 4 part explosive pulls or leave it at 3? [/quote]

Stay at 3 until you are very technically efficient.

[quote]domcib wrote:
chinese pulls. not really sure bout the tecnique on this, but your cue of pulling yourself down, i tookas pushing the bar down.
thats just the way it felt. any othe suggestions would be appreciated. [/quote]

Think about slamming your heels into the floor as soon as you finish the launch.

[quote]domcib wrote:
ramp on explosive pulls… are you “milking” these as before, or not as much?
personally, idepending on the day, i need less miling to get activated. other days. more.
what do you say? [/quote]

Yes, it depends on the day… sometimes I single ramp (only one set per weight) in other sessions I’ll do as many as 3-4 with a weight. I only go up in weight when I nailed the preceding set the way I like it.

ct. on my 4th week of this cycle. so far so good.
per your rec, im planning to stay here til after the 15th. unless you say different.
thinking about the future here.
any other suggestions for the next 2 weeks or right after?
im just starting to get “broken in”