Training to Failure on a Full Body Routine

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
I’m going to post some shit about training approaches I’ve found useful soon in the BB forum…
Your past and present training fits into the first installment quite well.

If you want, you can post about it in the thread I’m going to start. I’ll only cover one real example because there are so damn many variants and I’ve not tried them all or even have the time to post about them… So your input would be appreciated.

Plenty of people have requested the whole thing, so I think you’ll get a nice load of well-deserved “thank you’s” then.
[/quote]

good idea

[quote]mofo wrote:
the reasopn why i would go to failure on a friday is because i would have a full two days off on saturday and sunday to let myself recover fully, also the muscle groups on a wednesday workout will only be trained once that week so i would go to failure on one set per muscle group and then there is 4 days to recover before i work those muscle groups again, thats why i would fail on those days…[/quote]

You would do well to listen to meat - he knows his shit and got the lifts to prove it. Check out his training log.

[quote]BHG wrote:

[quote]mofo wrote:
the reasopn why i would go to failure on a friday is because i would have a full two days off on saturday and sunday to let myself recover fully, also the muscle groups on a wednesday workout will only be trained once that week so i would go to failure on one set per muscle group and then there is 4 days to recover before i work those muscle groups again, thats why i would fail on those days…[/quote]

You would do well to listen to meat - he knows his shit and got the lifts to prove it. Check out his training log.[/quote]

Always.

Mofo…

I’ve been on this FBT program for 3 weeks now, at a slightly higher calorie intake than normal (3800/day or so), and am getting pumped and losing a noticeable amount of BF.

So, you may need to increase your calories to offset the output.

I went from 133lbs to 127 and maintained or gained lean mass in 3 weeks time.

so, depending on your goals, you may want to keep this in mind.

C-Ya!

The fact that anyone would ask questions about minutia of training like this means they need a broader understanding of training as a whole. It’s also a question that’s hard to answer.

Can you train to failure on a TBT program and still recover? Maybe. How are we supposed to know what you can handle and can’t? There are men who’ve had success with unorthodox methods (PLer Brian Siders comes to mind when speaking of this) while most do better with plain old sensible, run of the mill training guidelines (reasonable volume, training to failure here and there).

Why not try it and find out?

indeed, il keep you guys posted, but on one hand i have decided not to plan to fail, just to keep it on the safe side…