Training the Triceps

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]Cron391 wrote:
You want above average arms, devote a whole day to them. They are like any other muscle and should be trained independently, the accessory work they get in compound movements is just a bonus.[/quote]

Seriously… why would someone want to improve a muscle with only three direct sets per week? Dedicate an entire day to arms. Start with triceps. Get all sorts of crazy blood into the muscle, and find out what exercises do that best. I just don’t think it’s all that complicated.[/quote]

why would you just focus on getting the biggest pump, i could do 3x50 triceps push downs and get a crazy pump. doesnt mean im going to get alot of growth from it?

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]Cron391 wrote:
You want above average arms, devote a whole day to them. They are like any other muscle and should be trained independently, the accessory work they get in compound movements is just a bonus.[/quote]

Seriously… why would someone want to improve a muscle with only three direct sets per week? Dedicate an entire day to arms. Start with triceps. Get all sorts of crazy blood into the muscle, and find out what exercises do that best. I just don’t think it’s all that complicated.[/quote]

why would you just focus on getting the biggest pump, i could do 3x50 triceps push downs and get a crazy pump. doesnt mean im going to get alot of growth from it?
[/quote]

If you can get I giant pump you can feel them (OP’s problem), if you can feel them you can activate them, and if you can activate them you can eventually find the exercises that are best for growth. You can’t recruit a muscle you can’t feel working.