Training the Same Muscles Every Day

is the question you want to workout everyday and HAVE to do fullbody? I mean i think an Upper/lower 6x a week would be less boring than fullbody everyday. And your training the same muscle 48h apart…which is very high frequency

1 Like

Well you sure know how to take the fun out of things. Yikes! :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Just regular chins, there is no such thing as HIT chins that I know of, ha ha . As I’ve said a million times HIT just stands for high intensity training . Many things fall under that banner. Early on HIT ment one set to failure but it’s evolved to much more over the years.
Scott

1 Like

So what is HIT training?

1 Like

Oh, ok. I was curious because I saw a few things about extended time on the negative a few times pertaining to chins.

The thread has been started here: Training with a High Intensity vs 'High Intensity Training'

It’s a good question, I’m looking forward to some hearing opinions/definitions from all sides.

3 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Training with a High Intensity vs ‘High Intensity Training’

That’s just one form of chins someone suggested .
Scott

I’m still interested but I got turned off by some of the responses my posts were getting so just said to heck with it.
Anyway this week I’m changing up my routine and I was working out in the yard most of the day so every time I walked by the chin up stand I tried a chin ( failed miserably ) or did a negative chin . I probably did about 15 efforts. I’m going to try that again tomorrow and the rest of the week unless my elbows or something starts hurting?

1 Like
1 Like

If I had to train each muscle group every day then I would take what I am doing now and spread that volume over the week.

Say your chest volume looks like this:

Incline DB Press 4x10
Dips 3x8
Pec Dec 2x15

You spread that volume and then fill in the gaps with easy to recover from work (an exercise you can’t load too heavily and which you don’t push hard on and keep volume low). It could look like this:

1: Incline DB Press 2x10
2: Machine Press 2x12
3: Dips 3x8
4: Incline Flye 2x12
5: Incline DB Press 2x10
6: Banded push ups 2x15
7: Pec Dec 2x15

If you recover well, increase the volume, if not decrease.

2 Likes

Why not train each muscle everyday using a different exercise, one set to about 70% failure rate, and take sundays off…would that work?

Thanks very much but almost all the lifts mentioned like farmers walk, dead lifts, bench, overhead press , squats etc etc I don’t want to do . Again thanks for trying but I don’t do those kind of power lifts .
Scott

The trouble is figuring if and when you actually recover . Right now my workout usually takes about 20 minutes every other day of high intensity lifting . I feel fine the next day but I never really know if I’ve actually recovered as well as I should before working out again. Some say the muscles need 48 hours to recover , some say other things , If I did like you just suggested I don’t know if I’d ever be able to figure out if I’ve recovered and grown a tad or not. It’s the proper recovery thing that’s the stumbling block .
Thanks
Scott

Reactive Training Systems have a tool called Trac where you answer a bunch of questions each day and it provides a rough guide on how you are going.

Alternatively, if you are looking to spend money you can look into a heart rate variability (HRV) monitor.

But I personally think HIT and 7 days don’t go together. Not practically and not in principle. You’d need to accept some changes in how you train IMO.

I find, if one can’t tell if they have recovered, they have never been in a state of under recovery.

It is quite apparent to me when I am under recovered.

And, consequently, this is why I only do daily work during periods of high food intake. It means recovery is high.

1 Like

I wish I could tell that well . Often times I feel fully recovered only to find I wasn’t and I can’t even do what I did the last time. The guessing game of whether I’ve recovered is the part of lifting weights I don’t enjoy .
Scott

No need for wishing: go bury yourself with training and feel that feeling of under recovery. That’s how I did it.

I agree in that HIT and training everyday don’t seem to go together at least for me at this stage in my life. More than wanting to do it myself I just wanted to know how it is possible for others. Aside from not being able to do fricken chins I’m very happy with my lifting plan .
Scott

Wendler’s 5/3/1 set-up is really great to Figure Out these things about yourself.

There’s a big distinction between Main Lifts and other stuff like Secondary and Assistance lifts. You can try all sorts of “other stuff” and see what effect it has on your Main Work. If your main sets go up, your recover! If they don’t, you’re doing too much!

And the there are lots of templates with every kind of combination of frequency/volume/intensity to work your way through.

Even if you don’t like 5/3/1, or if it doesn’t produce the greatest results you ever got, everything it teaches you makes it worth messing around with for awhile.

5 Likes