Training the Grip

[quote]Charlie Horse wrote:
Coop your story about being that guys art project reminds me of how I like/liked to prepare for presentations/performances I’d visualize what I’d do if people laughed or made snotty comments, or whatever. I always visualized just loosing it and ranting and raving cursing out the audience and then maybe throwing chairs at them and then eventually just leaping into the audience throwing punches. It must have been fun to actually loose it. lol

<–Jealous. [/quote]

It was a really weird experience, actually. When I was in college I was always one of those guys who would actively participate in class discussions and I was (and still am) such a shit disturber that I would always look for ways to subtly challenge whatever the professor was saying if I didn’t quite agree with him/her. But at the same time, I was always VERY nervous anytime I had to give a presentation in front of the class.

I remember the last presentation I had to give in a capstone class for my history degree. It was basically an evaluation of historians’ attempts to psychoanalyze Hitler postmortem. We also had to write a 30-page paper on the topic. Everyone in the class had to choose a topic from a list and I came up with this one on my own. I had bombarded myself with so much info and had such confidence in my stance and my ability to essentially tear apart the arguments that all of the major heavyweights in the world of psychoanalytical profiles of Hitler that I didn’t even bring any notes or anything. I just had a very basic PowerPoint presentation and started to speak, very authoritatively as my professor noted on my paper, and about halfway through I realized I was covered in sweat. That was the only outward sign of my nervousness, but I was a complete wreck on the inside. Strangely, I haven’t had this problem at all as a teacher. Something about being an authority figure of sorts, I think. That, and I don’t lecture much anyways.

So when I had to speak in front of my idiot roommate’s class I was nervous as shit. Hence the sunglasses. They made all the difference in the world. And I didn’t even start slowly. I can’t remember exactly what the question was, but I started by asking the class a question with the understanding with my roommate that no matter how anyone answered it, I was going to lay into them with some real fire and brimstone, and at a high volume. It was great! And I was a complete wreck again too. I got there a little early and had to sit at the front of the class for about 15 minutes while art teacher made a few announcements, and I was sitting there all decked out and everything, with my sunglasses on (Dirty Harry’s by Arnette, black, $69.95) staring straight ahead while the class (about 40) sat there and I could clearly see all of them eyeing me like, what the fuck is this guy who isn’t in our class doing up there in a fucking $1500 black wool suit in the middle of May?

[quote]OnMyOwn32 wrote:

[quote]al1492 wrote:
They say a true genius is not appreciated in his own time[/quote]

I’ve never said anything ever about his art involving adults (even though from what he’s posted its not all my “thing”)…but its sick, unoriginal fucks who hide behind their “art” to exploit gross ideas involving little kids.

I love art, and appreciate all types of genius but jerking off to a five year old watching you does not constitute as art. Sorry. [/quote]

why do people keep thinking that just because I went to art school 5 years ago that everything is “Art”?. half the shit I do, including the hobo picture, ( and the little girl thing) are just trolls , or me blogging about my everyday experiences and thoughts. I don’t consider 99 percent of the shit I do art, it’s only people who are pretentious enough to THINK they know what “Art” is try to say my stuff is “non-art” because it feeds their egos to do so.

in fact, I don’t even use that word “Art” anymore. The whole fucking world is a ready-made sculpture already. And when that is what’s happening, there really is no point in categorizing stuff as art.

if you really want to talk about “Art” and want to categorize, you would have a genuine appreciation for that 1 percent of the stuff that I do that do look sort of like the 'art" in most people’s minds.

[quote]al1492 wrote:
Frank when did you train in Rockville? I’ve been going to that gym for almost 3 years.[/quote]

I trained in the Rio sport and health club in Rockville from 2001 - 2007. All my PR videos are set in there.

I also drift around a bit and trained in the planet fitness gym in gaithersburd.

I live in taiwan right now.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Charlie Horse wrote:
Coop your story about being that guys art project reminds me of how I like/liked to prepare for presentations/performances I’d visualize what I’d do if people laughed or made snotty comments, or whatever. I always visualized just loosing it and ranting and raving cursing out the audience and then maybe throwing chairs at them and then eventually just leaping into the audience throwing punches. It must have been fun to actually loose it. lol

<–Jealous. [/quote]

It was a really weird experience, actually. When I was in college I was always one of those guys who would actively participate in class discussions and I was (and still am) such a shit disturber that I would always look for ways to subtly challenge whatever the professor was saying if I didn’t quite agree with him/her. But at the same time, I was always VERY nervous anytime I had to give a presentation in front of the class.

I remember the last presentation I had to give in a capstone class for my history degree. It was basically an evaluation of historians’ attempts to psychoanalyze Hitler postmortem. We also had to write a 30-page paper on the topic. Everyone in the class had to choose a topic from a list and I came up with this one on my own. I had bombarded myself with so much info and had such confidence in my stance and my ability to essentially tear apart the arguments that all of the major heavyweights in the world of psychoanalytical profiles of Hitler that I didn’t even bring any notes or anything. I just had a very basic PowerPoint presentation and started to speak, very authoritatively as my professor noted on my paper, and about halfway through I realized I was covered in sweat. That was the only outward sign of my nervousness, but I was a complete wreck on the inside. Strangely, I haven’t had this problem at all as a teacher. Something about being an authority figure of sorts, I think. That, and I don’t lecture much anyways.

So when I had to speak in front of my idiot roommate’s class I was nervous as shit. Hence the sunglasses. They made all the difference in the world. And I didn’t even start slowly. I can’t remember exactly what the question was, but I started by asking the class a question with the understanding with my roommate that no matter how anyone answered it, I was going to lay into them with some real fire and brimstone, and at a high volume. It was great! And I was a complete wreck again too. I got there a little early and had to sit at the front of the class for about 15 minutes while art teacher made a few announcements, and I was sitting there all decked out and everything, with my sunglasses on (Dirty Harry’s by Arnette, black, $69.95) staring straight ahead while the class (about 40) sat there and I could clearly see all of them eyeing me like, what the fuck is this guy who isn’t in our class doing up there in a fucking $1500 black wool suit in the middle of May? [/quote]

Thanks for the lengthy reply. You worded better than I did when you said that my goal was to “shift the consciousness” Apparently I did that when the above poster said I was a sick fuck. I always said that the viewer completes the rest of the work, and that the artist can only take partial ownership to his creation. If my work is “sick and unoriginal” in his mind, then so be it.

And you are also right to say that it isn’t my intention to create “art” as much as illicit a reaction. If this “reaction” happens to be "art’, then it IS art. If it’s “bullshit”, then that’s what it is. I can only throw shit out there in accordance to my subconscious desires, I can’t do anything about what you do with it inside YOUR subconscious.

As as speaking in class, I am always the quiet one in art school. But whenever I show my “work”, there were usually long silences that followed.

When you go to art school, 99 percent of the people are babblers. They talk a lot and criticize your work, but when it comes to the work itself, theirs is anything but original and interesting. I saw a lot of “talkers” in art school, but not a lot of “doers”.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151109030065524.785470.863120523&type=1&l=029f2b5abf

maybe you guys can check out my stream of subconscious transcript and don’t forget to add me on facebook for more trolls

A+

[quote]digitalairair wrote:

[quote]OnMyOwn32 wrote:

[quote]al1492 wrote:

I’ve never said anything ever about his art involving adults (even though from what he’s posted its not all my “thing”)…but its sick, unoriginal fucks who hide behind their “art” to exploit gross ideas involving little kids.

I love art, and appreciate all types of genius but jerking off to a five year old watching you does not constitute as art. Sorry. [/quote]

why do people keep thinking that everything is “Art”? half the shit I do, including the hobo picture, ( and the little girl thing) are just trolls , or me blogging about my everyday experiences and thoughts. I don’t consider 99 percent of the shit I do art, it’s only people who are pretentious enough to THINK they know what “Art” is tries to say my stuff is “non-art” because it feeds their egos to do so.

in fact, I don’t even use that word “Art” anymore. The whole fucking world is a ready-made sculpture already. And when that is what’s happening, there really is no point in categorizing stuff as art.

if you really want to talk about “Art” and want to categorize, you would have a genuine appreciation for that 1 percent of the stuff that I do.

[/quote]

I’m not the one who originally said what you had written was eluding to art…someone else did and said something about being a genius.

I said I thought you were a douche. Nothing in there that said “I think his ART is full of douchebaggery.” I said I thought you, personally were a douche.

Whether its trolling or art or opposite of art, or stream of consciousness…involving little kids is kinda fucked up. Not the hobo, not yourself, not the women in your other photographs/thoughts/writings…those all I have no opinion on…but your stream of consciousness (or troll job) involving the little girl is gross and for that, I’m sorry to say, is STILL why I think you’re creepy and gross. And for that I give you an F.

[quote]OnMyOwn32 wrote:

[quote]OnMyOwn32 wrote:

[quote]al1492 wrote:

why do people keep thinking that everything is “Art”? half the shit I do, including the hobo picture, ( and the little girl thing) are just trolls , or me blogging about my everyday experiences and thoughts. I don’t consider 99 percent of the shit I do art, it’s only people who are pretentious enough to THINK they know what “Art” is tries to say my stuff is “non-art” because it feeds their egos to do so.

if you really want to talk about “Art” and want to categorize, you would have a genuine appreciation for that 1 percent of the stuff that I do.

[/quote]

I’m not the one who originally said what you had written was eluding to art…someone else did and said something about being a genius.

I said I thought you were a douche. Nothing in there that said “I think his ART is full of douchebaggery.” I said I thought you, personally were a douche.

Whether its trolling or art or opposite of art, or stream of consciousness…involving little kids is kinda fucked up. Not the hobo, not yourself, not the women in your other photographs/thoughts/writings…those all I have no opinion on…but your stream of consciousness (or troll job) involving the little girl is gross and for that, I’m sorry to say, is STILL why I think you’re creepy and gross. And for that I give you an F. [/quote]

But if he WANTED to be creepy and gross simply to inspire the reaction you’re having, shouldn’t he be getting an A+ from you instead?

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]OnMyOwn32 wrote:

[quote]OnMyOwn32 wrote:

[quote]al1492 wrote:

[/quote]

Whether its trolling or art or opposite of art, or stream of consciousness…involving little kids is kinda fucked up. Not the hobo, not yourself, not the women in your other photographs/thoughts/writings…those all I have no opinion on…but your stream of consciousness (or troll job) involving the little girl is gross and for that, I’m sorry to say, is STILL why I think you’re creepy and gross. And for that I give you an F. [/quote]

But if he WANTED to be creepy and gross simply to inspire the reaction you’re having, shouldn’t he be getting an A+ from you instead?[/quote]

I don’t think its a huge stretch to KNOW ahead of time that the reaction majority of people have when involving small children with sexual acts/thoughts will be to get grossed and creeped out. Unless his bar is set so ridiculously low that he only goes after the obvious things to garner a reaction out of people.

I also don’t think it’s a huge stretch to know ahead of time that the entire reason he said or did any of that is to inspire a reaction, and that he strives for and wants that reaction. It’s also no stretch to assume that your reaction, in his mind, somehow validates what he has done. And yet you’ve still given him that reaction, even when you should know ahead of time that by doing so you’re playing right into his hands. A+ every time.

By the way, if you weren’t getting married and coming off the market, I wouldn’t be haranguing you so. But in the paraphrased words of Baby Jane Hudson, you ARE. You ARE getting married. So you’re dead to me. :slight_smile:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
I also don’t think it’s a huge stretch to know ahead of time that the entire reason he said or did any of that is to inspire a reaction, and that he strives for and wants that reaction. It’s also no stretch to assume that your reaction, in his mind, somehow validates what he has done. And yet you’ve still given him that reaction, even when you should know ahead of time that by doing so you’re playing right into his hands. A+ every time.

By the way, if you weren’t getting married and coming off the market, I wouldn’t be haranguing you so. But in the paraphrased words of Baby Jane Hudson, you ARE. You ARE getting married. So you’re dead to me. :)[/quote]

Well, its a good thing that I don’t act (or not act) only given what someone else wants me to do :slight_smile: I wanted to call him a douche. So I did. See, the reaction thing makes me wonder…most of the time when someone is only mediocre at something and they realize that people’s reactions to them is only “eh, thats ok” then they might be more apt to go to the extreme just to get a reaction other than that.

I’m dead to you??!! Aw, now my feelings are hurt! :slight_smile:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

By the way, if you weren’t getting married and coming off the market, I wouldn’t be haranguing you so. But in the paraphrased words of Baby Jane Hudson, you ARE. You ARE getting married. So you’re dead to me. :)[/quote]

It was a F before the person who graded me had said anything, but after he justified why it was a F with 10 posts, it just upgraded itself to an A-

[quote]OnMyOwn32 wrote:

[quote]OnMyOwn32 wrote:

[quote]al1492 wrote:

[/quote]

[quote]OnMyOwn32 wrote:

[quote]OnMyOwn32 wrote:

[quote]al1492 wrote:

[/quote]

Ok. Art or not, the post about the little girl was gross. Fair enough. Criticism and point taken. Maybe next time I will add a “9” before the “5” when I describe the age of the subject in my posts. Hopefully that won’t bother you too much.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
A+[/quote]

ID is a artist and he knows art when he sees it. Bravo Frank. I liked your art video.

I could have lived a long, full life and died happily having never seen this. I’m going to end up thinking of this video on my death bed. I hate you. I hate you so fucking much.

Nah jk, that was jokes.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Whatever you want to call it I thought it was pretty fucking cool. Amazing how those labias stayed so moist and never formed callouses

[quote]pushharder wrote:
I read this entire thread including watching the videos. Then I went and washed my dishes.[/quote]

Ahahaha good one!

[quote]TigerTime wrote:
I could have lived a long, full life and died happily having never seen this. I’m going to end up thinking of this video on my death bed. I hate you. I hate you so fucking much.

Nah jk, that was jokes. [/quote]

damn! i thought i got u