Training the Deadlift Separately

Ok so I finished boring but big beefcake and now I’m going to move onto building the monolith. My deadlift hasn’t really budged at all from the bbb supplemental work and I was wondering if there is a way to train the lift using heavy weight on building the monolith.

These programs are aimed at building size, let them do their thing and stick to it as writye… When you return to moving big weights, it will pay off then.

4 Likes

If you want to run your deadlift differently, I would suggest running a different 5/3/1 variant. The deadlift volume is cut significantly because of the whole “put something in, take something out” mantra. Squats and OHP are emphasized, so deadlifts and bench take the backseat.

Upping weight or volume on deadlifts running a program like BtM would be a less-than-ideal scenario.

I decided that I will run the program as written. I look forward to the squat emphasis.

1 Like

Is the diet required or is there something else I can do? I can’t be spending the little bit of money I have.

You decide:

this template is not easy but it is very doable – but only if you are dedicated to making it happen. “Dedicated” doesn’t just mean that you want to do it; it means you are dedicated to doing what it takes to get it done and that means EATING right

Ok so no and i’ll just eat a lot

1 Like