Training/Supplement Advice with Type 1 Diabetes?

Ok, so question to all members here. Anyone have a good idea about training and every for diabetics? I am a type 1 diabetic and it’s going on year 17. I have gained a good amount of weight and muscle. Now having trouble on loosing the fat. I’ve talked to my nutritionist but she wasn’t very helped in that matter.

Anyways anyone have any other training advice for diabetics out there and more on the supplement end. I know insulin will cause me to gain weight easily. I’m looking to drop it and I know it will take time and effort. I’m just looking for some advice if anyone out there has any to offer. I’m always willing to try new things as well.

Once again thank you guys for taking the time in reading this.

Being diabetic, being left handed, or a redhead, doesn’t preclude you from doing any program you want.
Decide on a goal and find an appropriate program. There’s probably 1,000 programs on this site. Quite sure you’ll find something that suits you.

Regarding supplements, that’s treadin on thin ice. I know I wouldn’t want to recommend anything and have you experience complications. Besides, fat loss isn’t about supplements or training, it’s conservatively 80 to 90% diet.

If you come back and let me know what your goals are, I can steer you in the right direction of an appropriate program.

Not in T1 diabetics, for whom it is a function of a complex interplay between diet and exogenous insulin use.

OP, find a new diabetic nutritionist, one who is able to help you lose bodyfat without inappropriate manipulation of your insulin use.

1 Like