Training Split

Been training 7 years powerlifting and 9 months bodybuilding, I have been doing the usual bodybuilding splits and I got kinda bored so wondered if anyone has done this kind of split

Monday: chest/shoulders/tricep
Tuesday: quads/hams/calves
Thursday:back/traps/bicep
Friday:chest/shoulders/tricep

Week2:
Monday:quads/hams
Tuesday:back/traps/biceps
Thursday:chest/shoulders/triceps
Friday:quads/hams/calves

And so on…

Basically body parts get hit more often but I also get to train more than one body part per session

16 sets for chest/shoulders//back
6sets biceps/ triceps/traps/calves
13 sets for quads and 6 sets for hams

I am looking for ideas also as well as suggestions or even advice if someone has done something similar.

Looks good to me.

I like to do one body part a day, and train it ever 4-5 days. BUT I only train legs once a week EVERY SUNDAY, it works wonders for me, My legs grow great training them once a week TBH.

I really think that working 3 muscle group is not good at all for BB purposes. Because look lets say I do chest on monday, my chest will be pretty ready to go on Friday. And I’m doing a whole workout on Chest on both monday and friday.

So I suggest that you cut out the Tricep out of Chest/Shoulder days and bicep out of your backday(Adding another 1 or 2 exercises for your shoulders/chest and back day). And have a bicep/tricep day.

[quote]Delta31 wrote:
Been training 7 years powerlifting and 9 months bodybuilding, I have been doing the usual bodybuilding splits and I got kinda bored so wondered if anyone has done this kind of split

Monday: chest/shoulders/tricep
Tuesday: quads/hams/calves
Thursday:back/traps/bicep
Friday:chest/shoulders/tricep

Week2:
Monday:quads/hams
Tuesday:back/traps/biceps
Thursday:chest/shoulders/triceps
Friday:quads/hams/calves

And so on…

Basically body parts get hit more often but I also get to train more than one body part per session

16 sets for chest/shoulders//back
6sets biceps/ triceps/traps/calves
13 sets for quads and 6 sets for hams

I am looking for ideas also as well as suggestions or even advice if someone has done something similar.

[/quote]

Weekly structure looks great, but you can get away with more than 6 sets for bis/tris…think 9-12. Also, balance quads hams. If you wanna aim for 20 total sets, go with 10 each.