Training Shoes?

Im hurting to get shoes, been trying on various shoes at stores and got some Under Armor trainers as they were the only ones that fit my wide freaking feet…but today doing lots of lateral agility and conditioning work they were awful…

I am 13 but have a super wide print…anyone know of good shoes that work for lifting as well as speed, agility, and strongman conditioning stuff…that might fit a big wide foot?

Im 5’10 and 245, do tons of olympic lifting, powerlifting, as well as speed and agility work, sled work, strongman conditioning type stuff…my old Nike’s are beat down and I need some new shoes, Im taking those Under Armor things back!

Id shop eastbay and try things at good prices but with my caveman feet I need to try shoes on in person…so I used Dicks, might try Sports Authority next Im guessing

New Balance makes a shoe called the minimus that is sweet for anything that isn’t cardio they come in wide sizes. I wear them for sprint and oly lifts. But when i’ve got to run anything more then 800m forget it. no support.

Either way go with something from new balance you won’t be disappointed.

get the salomon xt racing shoes, there is nothing better for agility training. and They are wiide. amazing impact absorbtion if you like leaping off stuff. but for agility training, you are really better off bare foot. your feet are specifically designed to do what you are training them to do. with shoes you impede the stimuli.

Thanks guys much appreciated!! Im going to check both the shoes out…Im probably gonna bite the bullet and get OL shoes too, for decades ive gone without but more and more I am needing to “feel” the floor as my old body gets more imbalances hah…so hard to find wide shoes for real performance training!!!

I never run more than 800m, never ha…anything distance kills my ankles, knees, hips, and lower back. I stick to tons of sled stuff, versa climber, woodway, sprint and agility, sledge work, rope work, and muay thai, krav, and kali all for my conditioning stuff. Long distance and being 245lbs never worked well for me :slight_smile: If I need to run more than 50 yards ever something is wrong…

If you are doing a bunch of Oly lifting, consider an Oly lifting shoe.

For other forms of lifting that don’t need the elevated, solid heel (and to save you from burning through those expensive shoes) consider the other pairs people have recommended.

I’ve been using the Adidas Zig shoe for almost a year now and its still going strong. Good shoe, minimal heel, very light.

Thanks, Ill add it to list. Adidas Zig, New Balance Minuimus, and Salomon XT Ill scout out and try to find a place to try them on. Weird Ive had Nikes in past that felt great, then I try on the new version same size and feels like totally different shoe. So Im scared to do the Ebay route.

Yea Ive been oly lifting for 20 years, and used to compete in PL, and strangely Ive never had oly shoes. I always just used whatever turf football shoes I had which were flat for most part, and even would hit 600lb squats in old ass running shoes haha…these days if my base isnt stable, my back, hips, IT band, stuff either hurts or I feel like a corkscrew going up and down…and trust me I do tons of mobility work, rolling out, myofascial and PNF stretching with my PT, deep tissue once a week with an ART chiro, I mean I work hard at mobility and flexibility, but for some reason the older Im getting the more squatting and deadlifting can hurt or make me feel weird…cant seem to get my darn feet symmetrical anymore either and it bothers me…so now it feels like having sold based shoes will help me stay grounded a little better. For sure with my multi direction stuff I need better shoes and the sprints, dang feet, ankles, hips and knees were starting to hurt with my 3 year old cross trainers. Dont get old guys! But keep lifting whatever you do! :slight_smile:

What Minimus there are a bunch of versions?

Get the flatter minumus, with 0 gradient. They have a “vibram” sole.

I use mine for all of my gym work, including squatting.

tweet

Thanks, gonna try to make it to New Balance store today or tomorrow

New Balance Ionix. Good alternative to Minimus if you have wider feet. More or less same thing, (flat soles) + TEEENY bit more cushioning.

I have a black/grey pair.

http://images.champssports.com/is/image/EBFL/3090001?wid=300&hei=300&qlt=80

Yeah…God damn i think im going to buy a second pair of these shoes.

Hello Dear

Thanks guys much appreciated!! Im going to check both the shoes out…Im probably gonna bite the bullet and get OL shoes too, for decades ive gone without but more and more I am needing to “feel” the floor as my old body gets more imbalances hah…so hard to find wide shoes for real performance training!!!

NB Minimus, as has been mentioned, are good for wide feet. Another option you may also like to check out is Inov-8. They have a wide variety of different models with heel lifts of 0mm, 3mm, 6mm, 9mm, and 12mm.

I have the minimus also and really like them. Believe the ones I wear are MT-10 or something. Whatever they are, they happen to be the trail runners of the lineup. I’m in the 245 range myself and have never felt so stable and grounded in a shoe. You wear these without socks and they wash in the machine really well. Had mine for over a year now and they have held up well!

What are the best running shoes for treadmill and outdoor running???

Got a pair of Rogue Do Wins in the mail today…hot damn they feel amazing…heading to lift now

I like Nike Free runs