Training Shoes

whats the best workout shoe for tricept kickbacks?

[quote]dshroy wrote:
whats the best workout shoe for tricept kickbacks?[/quote]

Nike shoxx or clogs.

I do everything in chucks, never had an issue.

[quote]dshroy wrote:

LOL my wife says the same thing.

another vote for vibrams

+1 for Vibram FFs: I rotate through 2 pairs for now & rock the KSO models - to the OP - they ARE a serious training shoe. Probably the closest you’re coming to barefoot but with more grip.

Invest in a pair if you can to see how they help in the squat & DL. The amount of ground feel you experience is simply incredible.

I get questioned all the time about them when I wear them in the gym but I play it off - most people balk at the $90+ price tag (When they spend as much or more on Nike Frees, go figure)

Only caveat is that if you are on the heavier side EASE into the barefoot running part - weight loss or lowered bodyweight is crucial if you intend to really really run some distance in these bad boys

Does anybody do olympic lifts in their ‘minimal’ shoes? I usually were cheap Target Chucks and blow through them pretty quickly. Not as cheap ($20) as they were but not looking to drop $90 on shoes that will not last any longer than a now $35 pair.

Used to wear Nike Frees but found when doing heavy sled drag my feet would roll over the front of the shoe with not having enough support. Wear just the chucks now.

I have worn chucks, and they are good. I have also worn Vibrams. they are also good. The individual toes feel odd, though. You also have to be careful at first because of the lack of support. your ankls will feel “wobbly” until your support muscles strengthen up.

If you don’t like th glove feeling on your toes, Merrell makes a shoe called the “Barefoot Trail Glove”. Thicker on the bottom, and the toes are covered like a normal shoe instead of individual slots. Has microfiber lining on the interior so they don’t stink like vibrams. Great all around shoe. Definitely the best of the ones I mentioned.

Just out of curiousity: how would you compare the feeling of Vibrams to actual barefoot lifting?

because I love to train barefoot, my other gym even allows people to do it, and lot of the trainers advocate it. Oh, not to mention that you have actual air circulation around your toes. :smiley:

I’ll probably stick with flat heeled shoes like chucks for the time, though. I’m just curious.

basically the same thing. though I have a little more confidence when I wear the vibrams, just because there is actually a covering on me feet. i know it’s psychological, so if you can get over that, there really is no difference.

[quote]FireFace wrote:

If you don’t like th glove feeling on your toes, Merrell makes a shoe called the “Barefoot Trail Glove”. Thicker on the bottom, and the toes are covered like a normal shoe instead of individual slots. Has microfiber lining on the interior so they don’t stink like vibrams. Great all around shoe. Definitely the best of the ones I mentioned.[/quote]

I just bought a pair of these. They feel awesome and look good, unlike the Vibrams.

just got mine last week. the absolute best shoe I have ever had for lifting!!!

enough heel to get the job done in the OL and front squats, and OL style squats, but not the huge heel that would make the shoe impracticable for deadlifting, or other lifting, also, looks like a regular shoe enought that I do not feel like an idiot wearing them in a commercial fitness center.

http://www.shopadidas.com/N?searchTerm=Power+Lift+Trainer+Shoes

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
just got mine last week. the absolute best shoe I have ever had for lifting!!!

enough heel to get the job done in the OL and front squats, and OL style squats, but not the huge heel that would make the shoe impracticable for deadlifting, or other lifting, also, looks like a regular shoe enought that I do not feel like an idiot wearing them in a commercial fitness center.

http://www.shopadidas.com/N?searchTerm=Power+Lift+Trainer+Shoes
[/quote]

How do they run size wise?

pretty normal for me…I usually wear a 9, unless the shoe is made with XX wide, if so I can take an 8 or 8.5

with normal width shoes, I take 9’s, a little long, but at least i can squeeze into them.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]dshroy wrote:

LOL my wife says the same thing.[/quote]

The statement itself, the way she says tricep, or both?

lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]dshroy wrote:

lol[/quote]

I actually had a paramedic at one of the sites I manage write that on an injury tricept.

And no he does not workout.

I like the Nike Free TR.

Flexible like the running versions but the sole is pretty hard and noncompressible, the foot still has bridge support but isn’t forced to roll forward and the shoe gives great lateral support. I dig it.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
pretty normal for me…I usually wear a 9, unless the shoe is made with XX wide, if so I can take an 8 or 8.5

with normal width shoes, I take 9’s, a little long, but at least i can squeeze into them. [/quote]

I may give them a shot then.

You went with the sharp blue and slime ones, didn’t you?

hahah, no, the gray and black ones…but it was a hard choice!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]dshroy wrote:

lol[/quote]

I told her about my different shoes and their purpose and she asked me what kind of shoe she should get for arm day, LOL. She was fucking with me, obviously.