Training Shoes. Now. Help.

Going to buy new training shoes in a few hours. I despise shopping. My vibram five fingers are finally past the point of no return. The reek is astounding. And they suck for wide squats and prowler pushes. I was thinking chuck converse. I’m in the $125.00 range. Thats still high for my situation right now but it is for training after all. Suggests? What shoes will give me the best trap envy? Lowest bodyfat? Increase my bench press by 200lbs?

Five fingers. Pushing a prowler and squatting wide work well in them. I do those things wearing mine, all the times…sometimes.

How about we set up a prize fight, tape it, post it here, and if i win you have to wear five fingers.

my favorites

Merrell Trail Glove

the best all around shoe in my experience

Inov-8 F-Lite 230

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
the best all around shoe in my experience

Inov-8 F-Lite 230[/quote]

I have a pair of these, good all around cross training shoe.

http://www.brooksrunning.com/Brooks-Beast-Best-Motion-Control-Running-Shoe/110079,default,pd.html

Puma Speed Cat. I’ve been wearing the same pair for 5 or 6 years. Thin, solid sole with no cushion or elevation.

[quote]cueball wrote:
Puma Speed Cat. I’ve been wearing the same pair for 5 or 6 years. Thin, solid sole with no cushion or elevation. [/quote]

And it contains real bits of puma, so you know it’s good.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
…[/quote]

I had mine autographed by Michael Chang. 5 pumps for front squats, 1 pump for deadlifts.

new balance minimus might be worth checking out. Pretty similar to some of the aforementioned shoes.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

I had mine autographed by Michael Chang. 5 pumps for front squats, 1 pump for deadlifts.[/quote]

Holy crap! Hold onto those bad-boys and hand them down to your grandkids one day, they’ll be worth…like 7 bucks!

[quote]StevenF wrote:
new balance minimus might be worth checking out. Pretty similar to some of the aforementioned shoes. [/quote]

I have a pair of those right now. They’ve been ok, but not my favorite shoe.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
new balance minimus might be worth checking out. Pretty similar to some of the aforementioned shoes. [/quote]
Have a pair, love to do everything in them but run actually, but I have been fighting a bad Achilles

Hello Andrew, how’s Calgary??

Navy chucks are best for squatting
Red Chucks are best for benching
Black chucks are best for deadlifting

Have you tried washing your vibrams? And maybe pouring some vodka in there after that, to kill some more bacteria.

If I were to buy new training shoes I’d look at some olympic lifting shoes. Do-wins or adipower

Rogue Do-wins kick ass
Converse for everything else, although those pumas look cool, might check those out

If I had a time machine I’d go back and buy some 80s sneakers as well as a whole lot of Ocean Pacific T shirts.

you are all wrong, i am right, these are the best. scientific fact.

http://www.onlineshopglobal.com/sale/Mens-adidas-Power-Lift-Trainer-Shoes-Red-G45546-17074.html

btw, these are not my legs, my calves are much much smaller.

[photo]37662[/photo]

VANS are seriously the best shoes to train in.

Specifically the SK8 Hi and Lacriptados Mids

40is bucks…can’t break them.I’ve had my lacriptados mids for 2 years and they’re still comfortable…