My training routine for precontest is as follows:

Monday - Lower Back and Tris

Hyperextensions - 25 reps 4sets
DeadLifts - Reps 25 reps 2 sets, 20 reps 2 sets, 15 reps 2 sets
Bent Over Barbell rows - drop set-15 reps 4 sets
Dumbell Rows - 15 reps 3 sets
Seated Rows - 25 reps, 20 reps, 15 reps, 10 reps then reverse 10,15,20,25
Hyperextensions with weight 15reps 4 sets

Giant Set - all exercises are 10 reps, I do these exercises nonstop while increasing weight.
Pressdowns, over head extensions, rope pressdowns, close grip bench press, Bench Dips
4 sets.

Tuesday - Chest and Bis

Giant sets are performed for chest. 10 reps for each exercise, nonstop increasing weight each set.

Cable flys, Flat machine press, Barbell incline press, Dips, dumbell Flys

Ez curls 15 reps decrease weight by 50% 30reps. 4 sets increasing weight with each set

Preacher machine curls - 15 reps 3 sets.

Concentration curls - 25 reps each arm 3 sets.

Hammer curls - 10 reps 3 sets heavy

Wed - Legs and Shoulders

Legs are also giant sets in this order 10 reps each exercise increasing in weight each set.
Barbell front squats, smith machine squats, Hack squats, walking lunges, leg extensions, walking lunges seated leg curls. Repeat 4 sets

Smith machine shoulder press - 15 reps supersetted with dumbell side laterals 15 reps 4 sets.

Barbell Shrugs 20 reps supersetted with dumbell reverse raises 20 reps. 4 sets.

Thurs repeat mon, Fri repeat tues, sat repeat wed. Sun-off.

Calves and Abs are worked every other day

Cardio is done everday but sunday.

Stairmill for 20 min in the early AM - low intensity!!Leg days bike only.

Precontest Diet will be up tomorrow!!!

How the hell do you do anything after that leg giant set?

[quote]Kiyoshi Moody wrote:
Wed - Legs and Shoulders

Legs are also giant sets in this order 10 reps each exercise increasing in weight each set.
Barbell front squats, smith machine squats, Hack squats, walking lunges, leg extensions, walking lunges seated leg curls. Repeat 4 sets

Smith machine shoulder press - 15 reps supersetted with dumbell side laterals 15 reps 4 sets.

[/quote]

What benefits are you finding with smith machine squats? Isn’t that a cardinal sin here on T-Nation?

[quote]animalmj wrote:
What benefits are you finding with smith machine squats? Isn’t that a cardinal sin here on T-Nation?[/quote]

Not sure if it’s a cardinal sin here on T-Nation to do smith machine squats. But just remember everyone is different in the way they train. I use to free squat but as I got older and have had more injuries to my kness (8 total) I switched to smith squats because I found it easier on my knees for some reason.

Do I condone free squats, Oh no. If I could do them and still felt comfortable doing them Trust me I would!!! I use to love them.

Plus I can concentrate a little more on the contraction.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
How the hell do you do anything after that leg giant set?

Kiyoshi Moody wrote:
Wed - Legs and Shoulders

[/quote]

How do I do anything after the giant sets on the legs? I have no choice!! Plan and simple it’s hella hard but I gotta do it!!!

Dizzy, light-headed, nausea. Oh yes. Take a little break drink a little protein and keep going. Mind over matter. I use to hate it. but since I have been doing this I love these days. It’s a challenge I love. The weights will not beat me!!1

[quote]Kiyoshi Moody wrote:
How do I do anything after the giant sets on the legs? I have no choice!! Plan and simple it’s hella hard but I gotta do it!!!

[/quote]

That’s a great mindset that so many lack.

I’m looking forward to following your progress.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Kiyoshi Moody wrote:

That’s a great mindset that so many lack.

I’m looking forward to following your progress.[/quote]

Gotta have a strong mindset in life or you will not survive. Thank you very much. I will keep you updated. If you get a chance pick up the july issue of muscular development. Turn to anabilic freak of the month. It will tell you a little about my story

No wonder you look fantastic. Sorry to hear you recently hurt your back. Glad to see you back in action.

B-3

[quote]BodyBldgBabe wrote:
No wonder you look fantastic. Sorry to hear you recently hurt your back. Glad to see you back in action.

B-3[/quote]

Thank you very much for the compliment. Glad to be back in action, slowly but surely. still have to take it easy!!!

[quote]animalmj wrote:
What benefits are you finding with smith machine squats? Isn’t that a cardinal sin here on T-Nation?[/quote]

What the hell is wrong with smith machine squats?
Just because a few skinny 140 pounders tell u its bad to squat in smith machine and evil to curl in the squat rack doesnt mean its set in stone that u are forbidden to do it.

Everything has its place.

To the OP

U look great.
Why the use of such high reps? Do u find u maintain or even grow a little during calorie reduction on that type of training plan?

King of Kings

[quote]King of Kings wrote:
animalmj wrote:
What benefits are you finding with smith machine squats? Isn’t that a cardinal sin here on T-Nation?

Just because a few skinny 140 pounders tell u its bad to squat in smith machine and evil to curl in the squat rack doesnt mean its set in stone that u are forbidden to do it.

To the OP

U look great.
Why the use of such high reps? Do u find u maintain or even grow a little during calorie reduction on that type of training plan?

King of Kings [/quote]

I agree. I’ve used the smith machine for front squats, and that hits the quads nicely. It puts less stress on my lower back and its good to super set with leg extensions.

animalmj wrote:

To the OP

U look great.

King of Kings [/quote]

Thank you very much for the compliment. Some exercises work better for some than others. You have to adapt your on style of training etc. As a former asst.strength and condtioning coach with the uni of nebraska.

I have learned alot of the big basic movements. At the same time everyone is made up different. Some may squat free and get outstanding results and some may leg press and never squat there in entire lifetime and get outstanding results. Everyone is different!!!

I have learned alot to listen to my body and how it responds to training. still when I drop the carbs and reduce my calories. I really up my protein alot and that works well for me. I actually build a little believe or not. Plus my joints don’t hurt as much and I still get the same or if not better results than if I were to go moderate to heavy.

[quote]Alphaboy wrote:
King of Kings wrote:
animalmj wrote:

To the OP

U look great.

King of Kings

I agree. I’ve used the smith machine for front squats, and that hits the quads nicely. It puts less stress on my lower back and its good to super set with leg extensions.
[/quote]

Very true!!! Don’t get me wrong I stll free squat once in awhile to change it. The body adapts very quickly so you must change your routines

animalmj wrote:

King of Kings [/quote]

The smith machine doesn’t allow the natural arc range of motion that occurs in the squat. I’ve read in many places other than here, that squatting in the smith machine is actually bad for your back because of its limited range of motion.

Obviously the OP is well aware of his body, and what he responds to best. As for curling in the squat rack, are you suggesting it’s ok? That’s absolutely rediculous!

[quote]animalmj wrote:
King of Kings wrote:
animalmj wrote:

King of Kings

The smith machine doesn’t allow the natural arc range of motion that occurs in the squat. I’ve read in many places other than here, that squatting in the smith machine is actually bad for your back because of its limited range of motion.

Obviously the OP is well aware of his body, and what he responds to best. As for curling in the squat rack, are you suggesting it’s ok? That’s absolutely rediculous!

[/quote]

This is why I like this forum, What is curling in the squat rack? please explain

Where else do all the muscle heads curl barbells?

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
Where else do all the muscle heads curl barbells?[/quote]

Cmon why you have to go there, simple question. It could be new exercise. Thats why you ask. Besides if it’s curling for biceps your referring too. I wouldnt know cause I don’t curl barbell.

[quote]animalmj wrote:
King of Kings wrote:
animalmj wrote:

King of Kings

[/quote]

Natural arc? So i assume u dont use machine’s ?? Because if u did then u just cant blame the smith machine for not having a natural arc and not other machines.

I stopped “normal squatting” because it was hurting my back.Its a fuckin long way down and takes a hell of a lot of concentration when u are 6’4

Ever since ive switched to smith machine squats my back has not stopped thanking me,plus my thigh’s are FINALLY getting bigger.All i got from free squats was a big ass :frowning:

I AM suggesting that curling in the squat rack is fine.
Granted if someone needs to squat or use it for anything else THEN it wrong.I train at quiet times so it doesnt matter.
It’s just more convenient with the heavy thick 20kg bar and the easiest part is unloading and loading your weights.

I am not against curling anywhere else in the gym,im just NOT against curling in the squat rack.

Granted if someone needs to squat or use it for anything else THEN it wrong.I train at quiet times so it doesnt matter.
It’s just more convenient with the heavy thick 20kg bar and the easiest part is unloading and loading your weights.

I am not against curling anywhere else in the gym,im just NOT against curling in the squat rack.[/quote]

If you are the only person in the gym, then I don’t care if you do stiff legged DL’s naked! But to say that it’s more convenient to load/unload the bar is just being lazy and is wasting prime real estate.

There is very limited space for squat/power racks. Most gyms have 2, if you’re lucky 3, so why waste that space for barbell curls, when they can be done anywhere? That’s like putting a McDonald’s on beach front property! Sure you can do it, but it makes no sense what so ever. Why do you think there is a 2000 post thread on here about this very topic?

[quote]animalmj wrote:

I am not against curling anywhere else in the gym,im just NOT against curling in the squat rack.

If you are the only person in the gym, then I don’t care if you do stiff legged DL’s naked! But to say that it’s more convenient to load/unload the bar is just being lazy and is wasting prime real estate.

There is very limited space for squat/power racks. Most gyms have 2, if you’re lucky 3, so why waste that space for barbell curls, when they can be done anywhere? That’s like putting a McDonald’s on beach front property! Sure you can do it, but it makes no sense what so ever. Why do you think there is a 2000 post thread on here about this very topic?

[/quote]

People are like sheep and will follow any “trend” that is on T-Nation.

There is more than 1 bodybuilding website out there u know.There are not many if any other websites that have a big cry over curling in the squat rack.

Its not being lazy at all,i NEVER said i didnt curl WITHOUT a squat rack i just like to use it sometimes.

But next time im in the gym ill remember the words of a guy who responded to a post of mine (you) and think OH NO! i better not squat in the squat rack because i might upset him for being so lazy. (sarcasm)

Oh last night i did bicep cable curls.All i did was move the pin further down the weight stack?

Am i a bad man for doing that? u never know someone might have wanted to use that machine for tricep pushdowns :frowning: i feel so dirty.