Training Rotator Cuff

Just a question to those more experienced. How many of you do SPECIFIC rotator cuff work. If so, what type of exercises do you do, and how do you fit them in with your regular training? Also, has anyone noticed them improving their lifts in the bench &/or OHP through doing RC work?

i do. i throw in isolation moves (usually unilateral for extra focus) with a mild weight at the end of arms. my left external rotator is a weak spot and you know the saying, “a chain is only as strong as its weakest link”, so of course bringing it up to snuff improves other lifts that incorporate it.

[quote]VolsFB wrote:
Just a question to those more experienced. How many of you do SPECIFIC rotator cuff work. If so, what type of exercises do you do, and how do you fit them in with your regular training? Also, has anyone noticed them improving their lifts in the bench &/or OHP through doing RC work?[/quote]

I do external rotations at least every upper day, generally at least one or two days a week with bands at home, and sometimes on leg days.

I use them for bench warmups, and generally throw them in at the end of workouts. They take virtually no time or real effort, and can save a ton of pain.

They improve your lifts by not sidelining you with an injury.

[quote]ExNole wrote:
VolsFB wrote:
Just a question to those more experienced. How many of you do SPECIFIC rotator cuff work. If so, what type of exercises do you do, and how do you fit them in with your regular training? Also, has anyone noticed them improving their lifts in the bench &/or OHP through doing RC work?

I do external rotations at least every upper day, generally at least one or two days a week with bands at home, and sometimes on leg days.

I use them for bench warmups, and generally throw them in at the end of workouts. They take virtually no time or real effort, and can save a ton of pain.

They improve your lifts by not sidelining you with an injury. [/quote]

Agree they are not mass builders ort hard to do just something to get ina habiot of and I wish I had earlier nursing a shoulder injury now I can say doing external rotations and shoulder horns with cables, DB, bands what not had been helping a ton.

I throw them in first give say five minuites and just go do a ton then time allowing a few sets at the end. Days off more just when ever I have asecond.

That and just doing things like nice slow windmills forward backward. its not hard can be boring as hell but in Idle time it will help and should aid in keeping you injury free.