Training Regimes

Im new to body building and this web site and have seen a lot of posts from people asking if there training regimes are any good or not. I may be completely wrong and someone please correct me if I am, but aren�??t all these posts a total waste of time. From what I understand and practice, your training regime should constantly be changing to avoid muscle growth stagnating.

also each persons body will react differently to different methods of training thus making it impossible to say if a training regime is good or not for that person. As long as your training regime is varied and sticks within certain boundary�??s depending on your goals, isn�??t that all the advice anyone could need???

[quote] OP wrote:
<<< your training regime should constantly be changing to avoid muscle growth stagnating >>>[/quote]

Even that is up for debate. Welcome to the wondrous world of human exercise physiology where nothing is necessarily what it seems and everything is definitely what it appears not to be… this week.

One more thing and believe me this is not just for you. It’s regimen, training regimen. A regime is what Saddam Hussein had when he was in power. I cannot bring myself to ignore the misuse of that word one more time =]

To the OP, I’ve often noticed that the most successful people tend to be on basically the same program forever. They often have change built into their program such as cycling exercises or rep parameters but I’ve never seen someone jumping from program to program on the elitefts logs for example unless their goals are changing too.

Similarly, all the really big guys I talk to will adjust things when they stagnate but they are doing basically the same thing with tweaks. Some people respond that this is because they have awesome genetics, I ignored those people and my results improved drastically. Or maybe my genetics improved.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
OP wrote:
<<< your training regime should constantly be changing to avoid muscle growth stagnating >>>

Even that is up for debate. Welcome to the wondrous world of human exercise physiology where nothing is necessarily what it seems and everything is definitely what it appears not to be… this week.

One more thing and believe me this is not just for you. It’s regimen, training regimen. A regime is what Saddam Hussein had when he was in power. I cannot bring myself to ignore the misuse of that word one more time =][/quote]

re·gime also ré·gime
n.
4. A regulated system, as of diet and exercise; a regimen.

from Regime Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com

Government is the more common usage but it can refer to other things especially in the context of the medical field, as in diet, exercise, etc. Hey, you can’t be right about everything.

[quote]will to power wrote:
<<< Government is the more common usage but it can refer to other things especially in the context of the medical field, as in diet, exercise, etc. Hey, you can’t be right about everything.[/quote]

OK, but in the English vernacular regimen has been used to describe an exercise program forever and I can’t overcome the notion that this is what is most times intended in the use of regime in it’s place. Not that anybody,s life depends on it, but it’s a minor pet peeve of mine.

any training regi…err… program is good if it works for you. crap if it don’t. and as for change, do it when necessary, but as mentioned earlier, if something is working better to leave alone.

the problem for the inexperienced lifter there is so much info available nowadays that people find the need try everything and never persist with the same program long enough to see results. minor “tweaks” along the way is always good but chopping and changing constantly is not.