Training Really is Incredible

[quote]Liam M wrote:
get a training partner who is stronger than you and then see how long it takes for your stats to go up. i bet 2 weeks any takers. [/quote]

very very true

I completely agree with the train with someone better than you sentiment. I used to lift with a all-american soccer player who could bench 405 when I first started lifting. I went from benching 95 to 185 pretty quickly.

In Lacrosse I always shadow the best defenseman on the team (if it isn’t me, and it usually isn’t because I always signed myself up for the most difficult camps) and worked with them. At first it makes you feel really inferior, and thats why some people love lifting with weaker people and playing with lesser opponents. But those people are losers and will remain in place indefinitely while people like us make progess.

[quote]solidkhalid wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:
That’s how training works… You stay the same for a long time and 1 day have an amazing day or week. I don’t buy it when people say you should try to make a little bit of progress every workout, just not gonna happen.[/quote]

Eat more.[/quote]

Haha that was great. x2

See what I did there?

Now i’ve douched up your morning.

all OP answers sound like a philosophical poem… common now! it’s not so difficult after all…

[quote]Nate112 wrote:

[quote]solidkhalid wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:
That’s how training works… You stay the same for a long time and 1 day have an amazing day or week. I don’t buy it when people say you should try to make a little bit of progress every workout, just not gonna happen.[/quote]

Eat more.[/quote]

Haha that was great. x2

See what I did there?

Now i’ve douched up your morning.[/quote]

haha, alright you got me. Damn. I was waiting for that.

Hey just an update, I got 225x10 last week during my chest/bi workout. I’m moving up to 235 (got 6 immediately following my 225x10). Once I get that to 235x10, I’ll continue to 245 and just keep going. Eating is my friend.

[quote]plutusplutus wrote:
Hey just an update, I got 225x10 last week during my chest/bi workout. I’m moving up to 235 (got 6 immediately following my 225x10). Once I get that to 235x10, I’ll continue to 245 and just keep going. Eating is my friend.[/quote]

Awesome progress man. How’s your squad/deadlift improving?

Hey just an update, I got 225x10 last week during my chest/bi workout. I’m moving up to 235 (got 6 immediately following my 225x10). Once I get that to 235x10, I’ll continue to 245 and just keep going. Eating is my friend.[/quote]

Told you! Keep it up

It’s strange how that happens. You can be stuck for weeks at a certain lift but it really is your mind that impedes you more often than not. I agree with “stop thinking” to a certain degree, self-doubt never helps anything.

I usually stick with loud ass heavy metal to silence the voice that says “you can’t”.

Congratulations on beating your stink!

Fandango, my gym just got a trapbar and I’ve been wanting to give trap deadlifting a go for a while now so I’m going to tonight after work. I will let you know how I do. I have pretty long arms so deadlifting is a lift I perform pretty well on (for me). I don’t squat. I know. I just lost 3-5 man points. Part of the reason I’ve been wanting to try out trapbar dlifts is the additional quad recruitment. I’ll keep you posted.

Solidkhalid, haha yes you did bro. No reason to stop now (I got my wisdom teeth out a week ago today, all four of them). I tried going to the gym 2 days after (looking like a chipmunk). Didn’t go so well, although I got some pretty funny looks from people wondering what happened to me.

Slave, thanks man. I’ve got plenty of stink left to beat.

Fandango, my gym just got a trapbar and I’ve been wanting to give trap deadlifting a go for a while now so I’m going to tonight after work. I will let you know how I do. I have pretty long arms so deadlifting is a lift I perform pretty well on (for me). I don’t squat. I know. I just lost 3-5 man points. Part of the reason I’ve been wanting to try out trapbar dlifts is the additional quad recruitment. I’ll keep you posted.

Don’t get me wrong here I am not saying you can’t get big and strong without squats, but it sure helps. Do you not do any variation of squatting, or do you just exclude back squats?

Trap bar deadlifts for me were always much easier then conventional. I’d be interested in hearing what others thought as well?