Training Program for Mass?

Hello

For almost a year i’ve done a PPL split with massive volume. Sometimes 9days in a row 2 hours lifting. I now realise that the reason im not gaining any muscle but just fat, is because of my lack of rest day etc.

Could some1 please help me with a mass gaining program with the highest frequency and time spend, as I have a lot of freetime the next few months.

Help would really be appreciated!

5/3/1 Building the Monolith.

Enjoy.

1 Like

thats only 3 days a week, and also thats too many reps for me lol, you joking?

We must be talking about different programs. BtM has you train 6 days a week. I just finished running it 2 weeks ago.

Reps are good; it means more volume, which means more growth.

can you post a link maybe? This is the program I find when I search

Monday
Squat - 70x5, 80x5, 90x5, 90x5, 90x5, 90x5, 90x5
Press - 70x5, 80x5, 90x5, 70xAMRAP
Chins – 100 total reps
Face Pulls/Band Pullaparts – 100 total reps
Dips – 100-200 total reps
Wednesday
Deadlift - 70x5, 80x5, 90x5, 90x5, 90x5
Bench Press - 70x5, 80x5, 90x5, 90x5, 90x5, 90x5, 90x5
DB Rows – 5 sets of 10-20 reps
Curls – 100 total reps
Friday
Squat – 70x5, 80x5, 90x5, 45% x 20
Press – 10 sets of 5 reps @ 70%
Chins – 5 sets of 5 reps (weighted)
Face Pulls/Band Pullaparts – 100 total reps
Shrugs – 100 total reps

Links don’t work unfortunately, but that program you posted is missing all of the conditioning work, which is crucial to the success of the program. You do that on Tues, Thurs and Sat. Also, what you listed is only 1 week of lifting.

1 Like

okay thx, but as a drugfree lifter two hours a day 6-7days a week is too much volume right? Do you have any other programs that I should check out?

[quote=“zarioh, post:1, topic:232922”]
I now realise that the reason im not gaining any muscle but just fat, is because of my lack of rest day etc.[/quote]

If this is the lesson you have learnt from your experience, then this:

Could some1 please help me with a mass gaining program with the highest frequency and time spend,

Is a puzzling request

as I have a lot of freetime the next few months.

That’s excellent. You’ll get fewer of those opportunities as you get older. You should use the time to read or gain a new skill.

1 Like

Well I should maybe…Could you help me out with a decent program?

2 hours of training 6-7 days a week is a bit much, but I find most people consider 2 hours existing in the gym to be 2 hours of training. In reality, in those 2 hours, they maybe train for a total of 15 minutes.

When I was running BTM, training typically lasted around an hour, if not less. I actually took video of the first 3 training days to document it

2 Likes

wow thx man! Appreciate you take your time to help!

How much have you progressed in your lifts during the timeframe you mentioned and what’s your diet like?

HGreat program.

I ran 531 for hardgainers last year which I believe is quite similar to btm? Got some nice gains from that, especially in the traps. I’m convinced it was the band pull aparts.

Very similar programs. Hardgainers looks like BtM stretched over 4 days basically.

thx that program looks quite interesting!

Disagreed. In the last 8 months, you’ve had 10 different threads asking how to use steroids and one thread asking how to eat. The reason you’ve gained a bunch of fat and no muscle is because you have no idea what you’re doing.

If you have legit low T as diagnosed by a doctor, address it. Otherwise knock any thoughts of steroids out of your head. Fix your diet and follow any well-designed program. A crap diet with a good training plan won’t produce results. A good diet with a crap training plan will produce some decent results. Right now, you have a crap diet with a crap training plan and you see what that’s produced.

2 Likes

Well probably yes…

You have any tips of how to get this stuff right, any articles, forums etc that I should look up?

Honestly I do see what you are saying is right, and asking about steroids without really know what to do was a bad idea.

Any of the training mentioned above or in this thread.

For nutrition, I’d go with the Miyaki’s paleo-hybrid approach, the Quality Mass diet, or the Simple Diet (eating enough calories for consistent weight gain, not fat loss).

What’s your current height, weight, and general fat level (I don’t care about a percentage. Just “very fat”, “kinda lean”, “ripped”, etc.)?

Thx a lot for you help! I will reak those links and get some knowledge before posting any further!

What’s wrong with 531? I would have recommended a bro split.

1 Like