Training Post Surgery

All,

I had surgery two weeks ago to remove a plate from my left arm. Long story short, pretty much no upper body training for 6-8 weeks minimum as the holes from the screws are still in my bone and need to heal. I risk a stress fracture if I do any pressing movements at all during that period.

That being said, I am cleared to squat heavy using my SSB.

Does anyone have a good squat only program I could use for the next 6-8 weeks where I squat 3X/week and fill in the other days with prowler work?

5/3/1 is on the burner for a bit, but hoping I can at least do something in the interim.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

SMOLOV :slight_smile:

[quote]HatersGunaHate wrote:
SMOLOV :)[/quote]

Not familiar with that but I’ll google it and check it out.

Thanks for the tip!

fkin hell! That’s what I’m talking about… I’m all over that fucker!

[quote]late2thegame wrote:
fkin hell! That’s what I’m talking about… I’m all over that fucker![/quote]

Haha, the program is pretty fun, you should enjoy it!

I have been doing the smolov and couldn’t recommend it more. The progressions are manageable as long as you are honest with yourself on using your max for the calculations. I used the same 90% weight estimate as for 5/3/1. Report back as I am curious about other’s experiences. It really is a program that works in the real world.

Be sure to stretch, the Agile 8 is recommended by most and I agree.

[quote]GoCal wrote:
I used the same 90% weight estimate as for 5/3/1. Report back as I am curious about other’s experiences. It really is a program that works in the real world.
[/quote]

So I assume you mean you took 90% of your current max for the baseline number? If so, I was thinking of doing the same. My current max is 400.

What are your thoughts on gear? i.e. knee wraps, belts etc? I squat with nothing right now other than a SSB from Elite. What do you think?

I did it without belt/wraps using my real RM, but I squat high bar ATG narrow stance so it is easier to recover from.

Good luck with it :slight_smile: