Training Personal Records Part 4

One of the coolest days of my life. 700lbs raw squat @ 209 bw. 50lbs all time PR at a lighter bw.

[quote]Reed wrote:
One of the coolest days of my life. 700lbs raw squat @ 209 bw. 50lbs all time PR at a lighter bw.

[/quote]

I think that’s especially awesome given the name of your workout log! Long-time personal goal?

I’m nowhere near that kind of number, but hit new 3RM on joker sets on my 5/3/1 this week, on all 4 lifts - Press 3x165#, Deadlift 3x385#, Bench 3x230#, Squat 3x345#. Hitting personal bests at 50 is awesome, but sort of depressing when I think about where I might have been if I’d started working to build strength when I was younger… Still, no use crying over spilled milk, and in 10 years I’ll be the strongest 60 year old around!

Hit 585+chains for 7 reps on touch and go deadlift

Really wanted that 8th, but I pulled my lat yesterday and got a contest coming up, so this seemed like the smarter move.

[quote]mahwah wrote:
Where all the PR’s at?

Easing my way up
465x4 (5lb PR)

[/quote]

Where did you do this at? That gym looks pretty sweet.

I’ve been whoring this video around, but I am very happy with it. I was squatting 375 last winter and hit 415 recently, so squatting 350 against 120-ish (3X3 doubled cinched with slightly worn bands) is pretty freaking great feeling.

715 sumo block pull raw w/ straps off 4.5" blocks. Bodyweight 198.

715 sumo block pull raw w/ straps off 4.5" blocks. Bodyweight 198.

315 x 5 x 5 paused full Olympic squat sitting on heals every rep for a 1 second count. No belt or wraps. Bodyweight 198.

Little over 3x BW beltless. 9 weeks out from USAPL Raw Nationals.

405x7 sumo deads was actually a 4 rep PR

Deadlifted 500lbs for 6 reps deadstop which is a 1 rep PR. Pulled my spinal errectors a little while back and this was my first session wearing a belt and going relatively heavy again. 10 weeks out from GBPF nationals and aiming for a 300kg (660lbs) deadlift, as long as all keeps going well that is

655 x3 deadlift (touch & go)

570 SSB Squat

I usually pull sumo but a couple friends were gonna give the whisky and deadlifts protocol a try so I took it as an opportunity to max out my conventional. Good to see that its not absolute garbage :stuck_out_tongue:

300kg / 661lbs RAW sumo block pull off 3" blocks. Bodyweight 198lbs.

Sorry ooops. Its upside down lol. That’s a first. So I guess that’s a PR too! haha

300kg / 661lbs

Oh well, I tried flipping the video on my phone, still didnt work. You get the idea. lol

Hit some huge PRs today. Weighed 170.5 after training.

Hit a volume PR with 5x3x340 on high bar squat. Yesterday I hit 7x5x320. The heaviest I’ve gone on this was two months ago with 5x3x315. Four months before my high bar PR was probably 325.

I haven’t done much low bar squat in a long time. After overhauling squat technique I felt like things were clicking so I decided to go for it. I told myself I didn’t care how it looked, I wouldn’t rack the bar until I hit 340 for 8 reps. I only got 7 but still very happy considering it was after the high bar work. I was stuck at 385 all last year and only hit 390 near the beginning of this year. Things are looking good for squat now. Definitely not hesitant about going heavy anymore.

I’m starting to taper off to work up to some heavy singles in the next few weeks. Today was deadlift at 2x1x425. I decided to try for a beltless PR and this felt great. I’ve never gone beltless greater than 365 in the past because I couldn’t keep tight. Doesn’t seem like a problem anymore.

The final PR was band pull aparts for 100 reps. Finally hit triple digits!

Feeling good about all my lifts now and can’t wait for my meet in December.

Not powerlifting exactly but I hit a 500lb Front Squat today and am pretty stoked about it

[quote]Alpha wrote:
Not powerlifting exactly but I hit a 500lb Front Squat today and am pretty stoked about it
[/quote]

What’s really crazy about that is it didn’t even look like a true max. Great PR man.

Thanks boss, that means a lot!