Training Personal Records Part 4

640 DL:
http://instagram.com/p/1EeQufqPKy/

655 or 660 next week, then whatever number I pull out of my ass at the meet.

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:
640 DL:

655 or 660 next week, then whatever number I pull out of my ass at the meet.[/quote]

Sickeningly easy. Outstanding work, especially considering how awesome your bench is. You’ve definitely figured out your leverages.

the past few weeks a set a few prs. back squatted 400 for the first time, and benched 295 for 4 solid reps plus one negative.

Awesome lifts man.
Keep up the great work.

Power4ull
SQ - 970
BP - 740
DL - 848

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:
640 DL:

655 or 660 next week, then whatever number I pull out of my ass at the meet.[/quote]

Sickeningly easy. Outstanding work, especially considering how awesome your bench is. You’ve definitely figured out your leverages.
[/quote]
Thanks man, I really appreciate that. I’m hoping at 700 people will stop thinking they know how I should pull sumo better than I do, haha.

We both know that will never happen. As soon as you pull 700, you clearly were a genetic freak the whole time and therefore you don’t actually KNOW how to train, haha.

1 Like

Quite insignificant in comparison to most posters here, but I’m pretty excited about this one: hit a 135 kg bench press, although my pause could’ve been a bit longer. Want 140 this year.

485 x 2 squat
followed by
525 x 1 ~4" Deficit Deadlift

My little sister pulled a 2.5x body weight deadlift last week - 350lbs @ 140

hit a 315x2 bench press with no spotter or lift off. I’ll call that a PR.

[quote]ape288 wrote:
My little sister pulled a 2.5x body weight deadlift last week - 350lbs @ 140

She’s a monSTAR!!!

Video was shit but I will post anyway. Had one of my athletes DL 500 last week.

I just took over the strength program for my high school football team a couple months ago. We havn’t had a 500 lb DL or squat in 5 years.

Athlete is 6’1" at ~175 lbs. He smoked the weight. Can’t wait to see what his limit is. He also has a power clean of 250 lbs. And a broad jump over 10 ft.

Last night I managed a small rep PR of 297.5 for 2 at 125bw. I attribute it to the bun of power.

340x3 and 330x5 floor press. Both 10lb PRs and after that hit 305x5 close grip bench for a 5lb PR.

415x8 front squat today. 60lb PR. Belt/wraps.

Squats, 520x a fairly easy 10. This is technically a rep PR, but I never do sets of 10, so I am not really sure where I am at. Kind of a PR by default …

I am a geared Powerlifter. Last Wednesday, April 22, 2015 I hit my biggest lift ever. 405lbs x 2. I am being coached by Mike Womack on the Bench only. I take video and send to him for critique and feedback; so yes there is video.

[quote]HawaiiTunya wrote:
I am a geared Powerlifter. Last Wednesday, April 22, 2015 I hit my biggest lift ever. 405lbs x 2. I am being coached by Mike Womack on the Bench only. I take video and send to him for critique and feedback; so yes there is video.[/quote]

Wow! That’s pretty awesome. Are you single or multi-ply?

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]HawaiiTunya wrote:
I am a geared Powerlifter. Last Wednesday, April 22, 2015 I hit my biggest lift ever. 405lbs x 2. I am being coached by Mike Womack on the Bench only. I take video and send to him for critique and feedback; so yes there is video.[/quote]

Wow! That’s pretty awesome. Are you single or multi-ply?[/quote]

Mike is having me move and working me up from single to multi-ply. Set the WABDL World Record last November with Single-Ply @ 275.5. Started training with Mike after and we went to 2-ply and now he is moving me into multi. I haven’t gotten my new shirt from him yet. Interesting to see what happens after I break that in. The 405 was set with 2-ply and mini bands. Look out triple (multi) ply.

The biggest PR is the control I have learned. :slight_smile: