Training Personal Records Part 4

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Just missed a 5 pound Bench PR a couple of days ago. 410x0

It is a PR for the most weight I’ve ever missed though.

I missed a 600 lb Deadlift once. JK, nice attempt, DD!

[quote]tylerkeen42 wrote:

Nice pull! How is your bench so close to your deadlift?[/quote]

it’s in my log… but in a nutshell

1. Never trained deadlift/squat or any lower body my whole life. At 32 decided to change that. Now 34 things finally starting to improve as shown above. Have Trained upper body off n on since highschool. So one has irreplaceable base strength. …one there does not!

2. Long torso/ short arms are great leverage for bench. Bad leverage for conventional dead.

3. already said this but…it’s so true. The base strength built early in life is irreplaceable. I had none and it’s been a bear to build this late in the game.

hit a flat bench pr a few weeks ago of 250x3 all three paused until given the press command. slowly kreeping my way up the ladder

435lbs wrapped front squat @ 155 whilst on vacation

Crazy strong as usual Ape288!

[quote]MightyMouse17 wrote:
Crazy strong as usual Ape288![/quote]

Thanks, man!

didnt do any of the big three yesterday, but hit up alot of accessory work. hit a db incline pr of 100x10 though, followed by a seated shoulder db press pr of 90 for 6

[quote]barbedwired wrote:

[quote]tylerkeen42 wrote:

Nice pull! How is your bench so close to your deadlift?[/quote]

it’s in my log… but in a nutshell

1. Never trained deadlift/squat or any lower body my whole life. At 32 decided to change that. Now 34 things finally starting to improve as shown above. Have Trained upper body off n on since highschool. So one has irreplaceable base strength. …one there does not!

2. Long torso/ short arms are great leverage for bench. Bad leverage for conventional dead.

3. already said this but…it’s so true. The base strength built early in life is irreplaceable. I had none and it’s been a bear to build this late in the game.
    [/quote]
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. Have you ever considered sumo deads? May work better with short arms. Best of luck!

Had a gym mock meet last weekend as preparation for regionals in a few weeks. Had the best meet of my life with a +27.5kg PR total and finally hit that 400 wilks!

hit a fast and easy 260 clean. Unfortunately my lighting is sub-par.

440 spoto bench and a 560x2 beltless box squat. Bodyweight 208.

3-1-2015 640 Deadlift 40lbs PR: - YouTube

A serious grinder but a 40lbs PR.

pulled 430 conventional this weekend. 25 pound pr!

This is my favorite thread…keep the vids coming guys.

2 weeks out 635 second attempt weight.: - YouTube

Nice DL Reed, ever try pointing your toes out a little more to get your hips closer to the bar? Might help with lockout, but anyways nice job man

[quote]cparker wrote:
Nice DL Reed, ever try pointing your toes out a little more to get your hips closer to the bar? Might help with lockout, but anyways nice job man[/quote]

Yeah man I had the exact thought after watching that video. I don’t know why but when I set up I feel like they are pointed out but with out I think you are right.

Ya I kind of did the same thing for a while until someone said try pointing your toes out some more and my setup just felt way better.

Last heavy bench before Ironman. 335/355/365: - YouTube

365 is a 15lbs PR over anything I have ever done.

Finally squatted 500 lbs @197 lbs morning weight. Did 445, 455, 465, and 475 all for 2 before the 500 lb attempt.