Training Personal Records Part 4

hey reed what rush gym do you go to? (since you’re in TN and looks like one)

I think about 100% of the people on the internet go to the Rush, and that all these people that lift a lot go at different times than me.

I pulled 180 kg for an easy, below 1-second rep yesterday. I know I have 200 now especially since I always lift relaxed without any kind of “psych-up” during training. I may be looking at hitting a 220 kg deadlift at my first meet before I turn 18.

My prs from my first meet 9 days ago 195kg squat and a 232.5kg deadlift

I was pretty happy about this PR, although significantly less so after watching all the videos just posted haha. Still, I’ll play. Thats the point of the thread I suppose, to post what you are proud of and then be inspired by others.

Front squat 315 x 5. Should be hitting a PR single tomorrow, maybe I’ll post that up too if I have a good day.

[quote]tubbyocharles wrote:
hey reed what rush gym do you go to? (since you’re in TN and looks like one)

I think about 100% of the people on the internet go to the Rush, and that all these people that lift a lot go at different times than me. [/quote]

I live in Chattanooga So I go to the Downtown Chattanooga, Hixson Pike, or Lee Highway Rush depending on where most of my clients are for the day. Also for the more awesome training lime the Mono and Heavy Squats I also have been invited to train at the Power Pit Barbell Club and Train Station Fitness for free basically. So I’m all over the area.

[quote]deep squat wrote:

My prs from my first meet 9 days ago 195kg squat and a 232.5kg deadlift[/quote]

Well done! And great squat.

I also had a look at your third bench attempt; the judge certainly took his time before giving you the press signal, huh?

[quote]kgildner wrote:

[quote]deep squat wrote:

My prs from my first meet 9 days ago 195kg squat and a 232.5kg deadlift[/quote]

Well done! And great squat.

I also had a look at your third bench attempt; the judge certainly took his time before giving you the press signal, huh?[/quote]

Thanks but yeah they kept me down there a while luckily I’d been doing extra long pauses in training before hand.

that 365 front squat I was hoping for. That’s a 30 lb PR in 7 weeks.

545 for 5 against Light Bands.

Still getting used to a High Bar and more narrower stance, but I feel 1000x more comfortable and very happy with this. All time PR with this exercise.

that’s awesome REED!! keep up the hard work man.

No video, but got a 253lb smooth axle clean and press. The smooth axle makes it so much worse, but somehow, got a clean and press PR. Tried 273 and only got the clean, but that’s also a PR. I counting it as one anyways.

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:
that’s awesome REED!! keep up the hard work man. [/quote]

Thanks man I am doing my best.

120 kg/264 lbs. for a 2.5 kg PR in the bench.

[quote]N.K. wrote:

that 365 front squat I was hoping for. That’s a 30 lb PR in 7 weeks. [/quote]

Nice squat man, were you training front squat particularly more?

315 for 9 ( Wrapped bottom of knees for Patella relief )

660x3 deadlift

[quote]Astar wrote:
660x3 deadlift

Brute strength!

cparker - I have been focusing on front squat a bit more lately. My main focus is on the powerlifts, but I have really increased how often I am using front squat as an assistance movement.

On another note, had a terrible day today trying to do a mock meet, despite the fact that I have bronchitis. However, I still hit a little squat PR so that’s good. Here’s a vid of 425

40lbs PR with smoother form and a nice pass out

1 Like

600 for 1 - This is a No Knee Wrap and Lighter Bands PR

• Add Self Wrapped Loose Knee Wrap -
    635 for 1- Huge PR
    - YouTube

If you question the bands make sure you watch til the end of the 635 Video.