Training Personal Records Part 4

Thanks Alpha. I’ve been living vicariously through your log this whole time. It’s going to be great to get back into it.

i am going to start posting in here again now that things are progressing so nicely for me

recent happy-times

Bench press 130lbs x 4 sets of 4 @125 BW
and squat 190 x 3

Deadlift is sucking currently

carry on…

1 Like

Was fortunate enough to get a 635 Paused Deadlift Yesterday…

I got two quick singles today for deadlifts @250lbs . Dats 2x’s my BW :grin::grinning:

It’s cause I had socks with Chin Li on them!!! Street fighter FTW

1 Like

Hit buffalo bar squats 225 for 30 reps as part of my rehab process

10 reps shy of my alltime record, but still very happy with the progress.

@T3hPwnisher Great to see you coming back so quickly after surgery brother! You are going to past your old 100% in no time!

Hit a 650 Pause Squat yesterday.

1 Like

Thanks Alpha. That’s a monster squat on your end. Great to see you crushing it still.

ok I want to post my shit in here cause I’m pretty happy with it right now

Deadlift has been making me feel like a whiney little bitch for a while, but it’s all starting to change

Today I did 235lbs x 3 and I am pretty sure it was less than a month ago when I felt like 235 for a double was going to kill me, Lol
Now I feel like 3 is going to kill me and 2 is easy :slight_smile:

OMG IT’S MEEE 2 days in arrow

Best day ever friends!!

200lb squat, finally!!!

Only took like a million years or so…

Sweeet. Nice job. It’s a great feeling isn’t it?

1 Like

YES!! :grinning:

When this stuff keeps going well it becomes the most addictive thing EVERRR!!

30x250 on squats

I’m not sure how much longer I’m keeping up 30 reps. It REALLY sucks, haha.

I may have thrown up a bit just watching that. I’ve never gotten past 25 reps with anything and that was fairly awful. After 15 just having the weight on your back is tough. It’s like gravity tightens down like a screw for every one after.

You may have mentioned somewhere else but why 30 reps?

The worst was doing 20 rep breathing squats back in the day. It’s one thing to knock the reps out all at once, but taking the 3 deep breaths in between was just agony. They should make numbers over 12 illegal, haha.

The 30 reps is pretty much just a way to put a governor on myself. I’m 6.5 months post op, and the graft is still healing. I figure, by keeping the reps super high, I’ll force myself to scale the weight back a touch, yet it’s also still challenging enough that I scratch the intensity itch after so long without squats.

Hit a triple of 500lbs for axle mat pulls

This was the top set after a LOT of warming up. I’m getting more and more confident in the graft.

Not sure if it fits here, but I hit a 650 Squat with the SSB Yesterday. If you just want to see the lift, skip the Q&A stuff, the squat is closer to the end.

Tonight was an awesome training night. Unlike those days when gravity feels like it’s been turned up and things feel unaccountably heavy, tonight was the opposite. My hip was feeling decent (I’ve been having issues for about a year). Deadlift felt great and my hair was on point :slight_smile: I’ll take the good days when they come.

1 Like

You my hero!!! For realz

Thanks. It was one of those magical training days when things feel great. Three weeks ago I pulled 270 for a very hard double but that was a week and a half after a meet. The older I get, the longer it takes to recover from a meet.

1 Like

415 for 20 raw squat in under 60 seconds. Finally. Have been trying to do this for years and with no training for it or even planning on it I did it. I didn’t even warm up for it haha.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGxn4bpxNM1/

1 Like